Royal Canterlot Library 991 members · 638 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

So I've noticed a difference in the amount of stories (I added them to a book shelve for the correct amount) in the group and on the site features category.
173 from the group and 176 on the site. I found https://www.fimfiction.net/story/207281/numberography wasn't added but don't know of the other 2 aren't on fimfic or aren't added or missed 2 when adding.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Well, shit. D: I'll get that fixed.

Don't be afraid to point out oversights like this in the future!

horizon
Group Admin

5850342 5850375
Turns out that viewing a category tag on the site matches almost exactly with the group genre bookshelves, making it not so hard to cross-reference the other missing stories. Research time!

In Adventure, it seemed like Friendship Is Optimal: Always Say No got overlooked somehow — I was about to add it, but it already was in the appropriate folders. I refreshed the Adventure display page and, this time, there it was? Huh, weird.

In SoL, The Sound of Sunlight is missing on the FIMFic group. However, it was never published on FIMFic. Also, it was part of a double feature, so it's not in your 176-count from the site. Moving on, The Firework Lotus was misfiled on our site in SoL instead of Drama, which I fixed.

In Sad, Ciphers was misfiled on our site. (This happens when the tags change after our feature — here, Sad to Tragedy — and we don't update it.) Fixed. Same with Every Mare Needs Her Stallion, moved from Sad to Drama; fixed. Diamond and a Tether, Sad -> Drama, fixed.

Everything in Comedy is in both places. Same with Alternate Universe, Tragedy, and Human.

In Romance … Desert Rose (which we featured here) isn't in the FIMFiction bookshelf, but that's apparently because the story has been unpublished. Along with all of Golden Vision's other works. :raritydespair: So it can't be in the FIMFic bookshelves and the count is permanently going to be off by one.

There will be a further permanent discrepancy of one story between the royalcanterlotlibrary.net archive and the FIMFic bookshelves — the very newest story. There's a one-week lag time between our website feature and our FIMFiction feature, and the FIMFic feature is when the story gets added to the bookshelves. So one missing listing fixed, one story unpublished, and one story not-yet-shelved accounts for the three-story discrepancy.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

I never did consider reshelving things after the tag change. :O Good on ya, horizon!

Along with all of Golden Vision's other works.

what why :raritydespair:

Wow that's very thorough. Thanks.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5