Kid Icarus 96 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Phazon
Group Admin

Since Nintendo has been announcing characters for the upcoming Super Smash Bros WiiU/3DS on a weekly basis (and in an attempt to breathe some sort of life into this seemingly dead Fimfic group), I thought I'd ask everyone here who they'd like to see playable from Kid Icarus: Uprising. Feel free to mention which character you'd want, how they'd handle, possible attacks, Final Smashes, anything.

Also, while it shouldn't necessarily stop you from bringing up as many characters as you want, keep in mind that we're probably only going to get one character playable from Uprising, maybe two tops. Granted, there is a chance that we might not even get anyone from Uprising, but I doubt that. After all, this was the first (and for a while, the only) worthwhile game for the 3DS, and let's not forget who we're dealing with here. The director of Kid Icarus Uprising, Mashahiro Sakurai, is also the director of the Super Smash Bros titles, and if he got all three prominent Kirby characters (a franchise he created) playable in Brawl and made Meta Knight god tier, I think he'll add in an Uprising character or two. So without further ado...

First, I would actually like to see Magnus playable in Smash 3DS/WiiU. Although playing as him in Chapter 18 was a pain in the ass, he was one of the more interesting characters in the story, and his role in the plot and in the war amongst the gods leaves a lot of unanswered questions. I think the one problem with making Magnus playable would be that he might be too similar to all the Fire Emblem swordsman (I'd like to remind everyone that Marth was officially announced as a returning character), but that could probably be fixed that making him handle differently or giving him different attacks (maybe even that wrist-mounted crossbow that I really could've used in Chapter 18! :twilightangry2:)

Next up, as much as I liked Dark Pit's character in Uprising, and as much as I'd like to see him in the next Smash, the odds of him being playable are kind of slim. After all, he was originally a palette swap of Pit in Brawl, and it would probably be just as easy for the development team to just make him a palette swap again. But there is some potential to make him a separate character. The footage we've seen of the new Smash shows Pit using several different weapons for his attacks, so it might be possible to give Dark Pit different weapons, especially different weapon types. He'd probably move and handle the same as Pit, but different weapons would mean different attacks, and it's not like Dark Pit would be the first clone character in a Super Smash Bros. game.

I think Pandora could also be good as a playable character. After all, the Smash Bros. roster could use some more fanservice female characters. And it might be interesting to see Pandora playable as both her fireball form and her Amazon form (even though Zelda already does that), and one might be able to alternate between them through a Final Smash (even though Samus already does that).

There's been rumors going around the internet about a leaked screenshot of palutena being a playable character.

Comment posted by Stewie91 deleted Feb 25th, 2014

The problem with having characters from Uprising is that most of them are gods or air-born. Having someone like Medusa on the field would seem a bit weird.

Sure we could make he shrink down to an appropriate size, but I just see that as being a little bit awkward. A powerful god, shrinking it's size and most likely their power, might look a little silly; kinda like... :facehoof:(I can't believe I'm mentioning this horrid game) Aku from Punch Time Explosion.

Air-borns like Pandora (fire form)

seem like a bizarre thing. How will it grab ledges, or except low attacks (or for that matter, any attack to this combustionated creature).

I can see Magnus and... well... okay, Palutena if she uses her staff. But theirs really no one else, unless the can plant their feet, grab stuff, and aren't giants.

Phazon
Group Admin

Air-borns like Pandora (fire form) seem like a bizarre thing.

Didn't stop Kirby, Meta Knight, or Pit from being playable in Brawl. Or Mewtwo, a Pokemon whose psychic power is strong enough to allow it flight, from being playable in Melee. And besides, a lot of the supposed flying characters in Uprising simply hover above the ground in the game, especialy when they're fighting in relatively close quarters such as boss fights.

As for the size of some of these gods and goddesses, that would definitely exclude Hades. But I've seen a few people express interest in either Palutena or a shrunken-down Medusa. Palutena especially, since the Chapter 20 boss fight gives a pretty good idea of what she might be able to do in such close quarters as a Smash fight.

Even then, you're leaving out a lot of potential fighters: Gaol, Thanatos, Arlon, Phosphora. Hell, even Cragalanche or the Chariot Master if you really, really want to reach.

Really, out of all the Uprising characters, the most likely to make it would be Magnus. Yes, he's another swordsman, but the difference is that Magnus' sword literally acts as a Club instead of a Blade, so that could be interesting.

As for characters that I personally want: Pyrrhon.

Phosphora would be interesting to use, and it would make sense to put another female character int the super smash series,

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6