Kid Icarus 96 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Dunsparce
Group Admin

Let's face it, our favorite Kid Icarus "Sun God" has about as much back to his story as a Shedinja has to itself. However, that's the purpose of this thread. Make a backstory for him! What's your personal Headcanon on my favorite character's background?

Personally, I was actually going to write a fanfic about this.

Apollo was a strong but small lad living with his parents during a great war. He had a brain age of say 10, and he had an action figure by the name of Pyrrhon. Pyrrhon was a hero that fought off aliens named "Aurum" and used his "Pyro Snake Whip" as a weapon. Apollo adored him, playing with the action figure as much as he could.

One night, after he was grounded for backtalking his parents, Apollo was stuck in his room without his trusty action figure, and got bored very quickly. He went to bed early, but awoke at 2:00 AM at the sound of explosions outside. As he leered out his window, he saw them: what we know as the Aurum. They ransacked his hometown, stealing and killing all the could, including Apollo's parents, whom had gone out for the night. Scared out of his mind, he fled to his basement and covered for a full day, allowing the Aurum to leave. He was uninjured, luckily.

He opened the door to outside only to see a ravaged settlement and corpses among the streets. The young "Sun God" fled back inside, thinking about the mysterious invaders (c wat i did thar), and tripped on a beaten Pyrrhon action figure. As he glared at it and made the comparisons, he no longer went by Apollo, but Pyrrhon, seeking out the ones who had ravaged his home and to become the super hero he had always loved.

That said, I personally believe that Pyrrhon summoned the Aurum himself or lead them to Earth somehow, as Viridi reads fortunes and she "didn't remember that passage". Pyrrhon, eager to help, was engulfed in the insanity of his childhood and became greedy for their power, and thus Pit defeated him.

And that's my personal headcanon! A bit dark, but it's not changing. What's yours?

I see him and think this.

"Oh! Look! I can get power with this! I'm a freaking genius!!!"

2068900 My headcanon for Pyrrhon is that he was a godlike being that... didn't measure up, despite his boasting and status as the (self-proclaimed) Sun God, and that being shunned by the other gods led him toward the path he chose for himself.

I'm also in the group that believes his 'final act' was deliberate on his part.

Dunsparce
Group Admin

2069011 I'm in that group too. IF there is a sequel to this game, Pyrrhon's gotta come back and explain stuff.

2069030 Absolutely, we need more Pyrrhon! And Magnus! And Viridi!

And Gaol, we didn't get to see much of Gaol.

Really, we need more of all the characters.

2069142 That would be cool... If Sakurai hadn't said that he wasn't planning anything Kid Icarus related. :pinkiesad2:

My new headcanon for Pyrrhon(from a TV Tropes WMG):

Pyrrhon was originally just an assistant of the original Sun God, sort of acting as the Pit to this god's Palutena. However, through various events, the original Sun God dies, and Pyrrhon decides to take up his mantle. However, the other gods don't recognize him as the true god of the sun, and thus belittle him constantly and generally treat him like dirt. He wants respect from the other gods, and in this drive for respect, two things happen. 1. He ends up becoming the hamtastic Pyrrhon we know, and 2. he begins searching for a way to summon the Aurum and take control of them, thinking that it'll finally make everyone else give him the respect he deserves. Of course, as we know, things don't quite work out as he planned...

I've never really had a headcanon for Pyrrhon. But dude, that's a pretty awesome.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8