Kid Icarus 96 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Dunsparce
Group Admin

I'm not big on levels, but holy crap does this game have some cool ones. What's your favorite?

I love Pandora's Labyrinth. The atmosphere and the villain that it holds is too awesome not to be my favorite. In fact, it might be my favorite level ever; period!

Also, on a side note, if any of you could advertise this group to any who enjoyed the game (I know there's a lot out there), that would be very much appreciated, even if it's just a mention in a blog post.

Phazon
Group Admin

Scorched Feathers. The music, the revelation that Hades is using the divine and human wars to build his army and consolidate power, the fact that this level isn't slowed down by a land battle section. Though I also enjoy Lightning Battle as a nice breather level and for its music.

At best, I could probably draw about half a dozen people with a blog post. I could also find those other five Kid Icarus stories and add them to this group, maybe draw the attention of their authors and followers. And someone could advertise this group on the Crossovers or Game Crossovers groups.

Dunsparce
Group Admin

1975229 Nice one! That one also has best goddess of calamity. I actually just got my 3rd 9.0 done. The Return of Palutena, Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit, and Scorched Feathers!

Phazon
Group Admin

I thought for sure you would've aced Lightning Battle by now.

Dunsparce
Group Admin

1975471 lolnope.

I keep dying at that stupid room with the moving lasers on the floor and it has two staircases, rather semicirclish and has three of those dumb rogue enemies at the top.

Phazon
Group Admin

:facehoof: Use the dodge mechanic to slip past the electricity. There's also a Dodge Token and a grenade on the lower levels. Use the grenade on the top platform.

Also, I added two of those stories to this group. Like I said, not many on Fimfic, and they're pretty meh in terms of quality.

Dunsparce
Group Admin

1975533 I suck at dodging and THERE IS? GODAMMIT!

Phazon
Group Admin

Yes, there is. The grenade is at the far right end of the lower lever and the dodge token is on the left side of the room on either the lower or middle platform, in one of the crevices in the walls. Actually, I may have those mixed up. If you have trouble dodging, make use of the stairs and the crevices to avoid the passing electricity. The stairs will work as long as Pit's head isn't sticking out.

Dunsparce
Group Admin

1975594 I'm using a good weapon, as well, and it's super fast firing for Phosphora. Aurum Orbitars with 4.5 ranged and 4.5 melee with +1 M defense, Knockback defense, homing shot, stamina, standing c. fire and +5 walking speed

And here I thought my recent shout-out to the 'The Underappreciated Story Society' caught the attention of someone. I should've known better.:facehoof:

1975131 Anyway, I'm with you on that one. Pandora's level design was a cheap (but was also creatively cleaver) way at defining the vapor herself.

Phazon
Group Admin

Actually, I'm going to have to hold off on that blog post for a little while. It seems that in their haste to ban all NSFW blog posts, the site programmers inadvertently disabled the ability to tag stories onto blog posts.

1975131 My favourite is definitely Chapter 18, The Ring of Chaos, because it's unique, breaking both the order of land/sky battles and the way you normally play, sure you have to develop a new skillset to play it well, but it's still fun.

Dunsparce
Group Admin

1986214 I LOVE Magnus. Playing as him is really fun, but I just wish it wasn't against those Strongarms

1986235 I hate those things and their friggin' piledrivers...

Dunsparce
Group Admin

1986388 Probably my least favorite enemy in the game. 2nd is the Jitterthug

Bookish Delight
Group Admin

Lightning Battle. Yeah, yeah, I know, get it out of your system. :derpytongue2:

But gawd the way that stage opens. Turn the 3D to max on an XL during the sky segment and it's like being inside one of the coolest anime fights in ages. I play it over and over just to do that. And that music that plays during it too, just wow.

Inside is great too with Pit being completely stuck in the middle of Phosphora completely destroying Palutena with her super shockin' swagger. :pinkiehappy:

(Pandora's Labyrinth is actually my second favorite. It's incredibly creative and I prefer Snarky Blob Pandora to Personality-Less Pin-Up Pandora. Third place goes to The Reaper's Line of Sight. Mainly because music and Trollutena's comedic timing)

Dunsparce
Group Admin

1986457 I actually love Lightning Battle. The music was NUTS, Thanatos came back, if for briefly, but came back nonetheless, Hades was HILARIOUS in that chapter, and the Thunder Cloud Temple was a nice level. I just don't like Phosphora.

At least I get to beat the crap out of her.

Bookish Delight
Group Admin

I just like the idea of you and I having a running gag. :raritywink:

(I REALLY WISH THANATOS HAD STAYED. I LOVE THAT GUY. HE COULD'VE BEEN THE GAME'S ULTROS OR SOMETHING

And I'd forgotten how hilarious Hades was in that level but you're right.)

Dunsparce
Group Admin

1986572 He was so awkward it was hilarious.
"Now approaching the third floor!"
"...."
"..."
"Are you two ignoring me?"

I don't have a specific favorite chapter, but it'd have to be a tie between the entire Aurum Arc and Chapter 20.

The Aurum Arc: it's got really good level design, a new faction of enemies that work in ways the player probably isn't used too, it's the first faction to have it outright stated that they're ripping off enemies, it has Pyrrhon in it, the three main factions team up, and it's generally just awesome.

Chapter 20: I like this one because of how serious Pit gets. For this entire game, even in Chapter 18, Pit has been a goofball. Spiderman minus the intelligence, if you will. In this chapter, however, Pit makes very serious remarks, even stating how, if it comes to it, he wouldn't hesitate to eliminate Palutena. However, this chapter also kinda irks me, because Pit is the ONLY one to actually be serious here. I get that the game couldn't be completely serious here, but the attempts at humor in this level just make me mad.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20