Editors-R-Us 577 members · 545 stories
Comments ( 57 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 57
Theforrealdeal
Group Admin

Time to cast your vote for the best story!

Reply to this post with your vote on which story was your favorite and don't forget to include why!

Submissions:

Who Needs Sleep Anyway by Dragor
:pinkiehappy: is dying to tell :unsuresweetie: about a pony she met the day before.

Is today the day? by Theforrealdeal
Everyone knows that at some point, they are going to die. Nobody, however, likes to think about it. When we do though, we tend to get a little depressed.
Slice of Life
Edited by Time Paradox

I really need to get out more. by boothnat
Pinkie Pie invites Luna over to Sugarcube corner in order to bake Cupcakes.
The only problem is, Luna has recently discovered this miraculous, interesting thing called "the internet".
Comedy, Random

Something Special in the Wind by Mereneth
Six years have passed since the events at the Tree of Harmony. Time has continued to flow and life has moved on. While the Bearers of Harmony have spread apart with the passage, their friendship mostly remains.
Where some relationships grow thin as time ticks by, others still grow stronger, budding into more than simple friendship as courage strengthens in the heart.
A surprising message makes its way out, stretching as far as it can to try and bring back together long separated friends in the form of a call of joy. Memories, both good and ill, resurface as friends reunite and the truth of real friendship shines through the fog of time; yet it also highlights the fragile cracks of forgotten wounds.
What the future holds, though, is only just ahead. Some adventures don't end; They only change who is involved.
Romance, Slice of Life
Edited by ...

Pinkie Pie Plans a Gala? by Moon Dancer
A short, multi-part story about how Pinkie Pie managed to plan one of the most interesting Gala's in recent Canterlot history.
"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie! I deal in Parties, Party accessories, and spacial/temporal distortion. If you like one or more of these things, and would like to read a story about them, then I think I know where you would be able to find something that you would enjoy (Hint: It's not anywhere but here)."
Random
Edited by BucketHelm

If I forgot anyone's story or messed anything up, just let me know and I'll fix it ASAP!

ONWARD TO VOTING!
PLACE YA BETS!

I vote Something Special in the Wind by Mereneth
:twilightblush: Wonder why

I vote for Something Special in the Wind by Mereneth.:ajsmug:

But isn't the story supposed to be a one shot? Something special in the wind is marked as incomplete, so how does it qualify?

Theforrealdeal
Group Admin

Hmm...
Well, considering how few submissions we got, we aren't gonna reject what we have. I still think we're lucky to get any stories at all.
It's all good.

Oh well.
Hooray for easy losing!

Andy Grey
Group Admin

Having read all of the stories, I can easily say that they were all interesting, and generally fun to read. I have to toss my vote with Dragor, though, since his story was the one that I enjoyed the most, and that felt the most heartfelt to me.

Really interesting piece you got there, though slightly chaotic. The author definitely has a long way to go from a technical standpoint, but this story was still pretty good. I particularly enjoyed Pinkie's shenanigans, and the amazing dialogue that Pinkie Pie and Sweetie had over the course of the story.

The ending made feel a little strange (in more than one way), primarily because I had a hard time understanding Pinkie's aversion to the school building.

Theforrealdeal
Group Admin

2757160 Is there a reason why?

2763195 Well, it's a lovely, well-written fic, and I like it a lot. What other reason do I need?

Theforrealdeal
Group Admin

Nothing.
Just wanted this

...and don't forget to include why!

It could help out the author and give them a little praise for their work.

Something Special in the Wind by Mereneth :)

2763442 Ah, I see. Okay.

And I guess I didn't read that part. Sorries.:twilightblush:

Can I send half a point to two fics?

Theforrealdeal
Group Admin

..and don't forget to include why!

2763687 nope. Ya gotta choose one.

BucketHelm
Group Contributor

I vote for "Is today the day?", despite the tenuous connection to the prompt.
Because there's more than one way to make someone smile. :pinkiesmile:

I vote for Is today the day? because of the unique view of Pinkie's serious side and a very refreshing point of view on what could be a depressing look outlook on life. Keep dropping the philosophy in here, I hope to see more of these kind of thought provoking responses to the prompts. I may have to write one myself now, just to get in on this.

2764544 oh my oh my oh my, this is difficult. I'll have to go for Is today the day? because of my fondness of deep topics such as this.

I also may have a crush on the editor.

We're all tied up!

At three votes each, Is Today the Day and Something Special in the Wind share odds for first; followed up with one vote for Dragor's Who needs sleep anyway?.

Place your votes!

Theforrealdeal
Group Admin

2781784 Are you gonna place yours?

2785473 Are you, yours?

I vote for "Something special in the wind"

Theforrealdeal
Group Admin

Goodness. I don't know which to pick...

Who Needs Sleep Anyway
Really atmospheric and lets you insert yourself into the story. Does an exceptional job showing the different feelings Sweetie goes through. There are a few small technical errors but they can ultimately be looked past for the immersive writing. Very well done.

Is today the day?
Perfect. 29/10
I'll bet the author is one sexy beast too.

I really need to get out more
Some pretty entertaining zaniness. Really deserves the Random tag. Worth the read for a quick chuckle or two.

Something in the wind
A cute idea for a story that is full of emotion and conflict. The great potential of the story leaves the reader really wanting to read more. A couple technical errors here and there but nothing major. Nice and heartwarming.

Pinkie Pie Plans a Gala?
An interesting idea that really fits with Pinkie's character. The story keeps the reader guessing what will happen next with this great clash of two completely different characters. Very entertaining and full of potential.

I really enjoyed going through each of these and in my opinion, they all deserve recognition. They were all so very well done and I hope to see more from each of these authors.

I really hate making decisions like this.

My vote is gonna have to go with Dragor's Who Needs Sleep Anyway.

I could almost feel what Sweetie Belle felt as I read the story. Well done, well done.

I don't like first person material as much, its probably the only thing that made it hard to enjoy reading Who needs sleep anyway. That, though, is probably better classed as a personal issue than one with the writing.

Booth's story was... chaotic. It seemed to just fall into more and more randomness as it went on and deviated from what originally appeared to be the message as things went.

Moon's story just wasn't my cup of tea. I couldn't get into the story and it felt more like a giant argument with general Pinkieism mixed in. It lacked anything engaging, to me at least. The writing was alright, but the content left me wanting. I can't even remember the name of the co-planner, all I recall is how dry and dull she was; a direct contrast to Pinkie that didn't seem offer more than a contrast to the interaction.

I've been torn between Dragor and Real's stories, but I think I'll be voting for Real's Is Today the Day?. It was enjoyable to read and made me think about the content being presented, not just map out a story. I could understand Sweetie's feelings and where they were coming from, which made Pinkie's serious side really click.

will-i-am
Group Admin

I vote for the one that wins (I just can't decide witch one:twilightsheepish:)

Theforrealdeal
Group Admin

2798428 That's the spirit!

Maybe your vote will be the one that determines who wins... :trixieshiftright:

Something Special in the Wind - I vote for that. :scootangel:

Theforrealdeal
Group Admin

2811990 2816809

will-i-am
Group Admin

Ah skrew it I vote for dragor.
Sorry realdeal it was a coin flip between you two
:moustache:

2816809 :pinkiegasp: and here I thought I had a chance of getting your vote. :pinkiecrazy:

:raritywink:

will-i-am
Group Admin

2817948 you were actuly my backup in case i went fuck it, or if the coin landid on its side:twilightsheepish: now its time for :moustache::moustache::moustache:

2824853 xD When faced with good stories, right?

Theforrealdeal
Group Admin

Theforrealdeal
Group Admin

2827690 well the explanation part was to at least nake people think about their decision and to try to remove some bias if there is any. It's also nice for the authors to hear what was good about their story. :pinkiehappy:

Theforrealdeal
Group Admin

2828338 well, considering that you voted for my story, yeah I kinda do want to know why.
:twilightsheepish:

Theforrealdeal
Group Admin

LOL No bias there. NOPE!
:rainbowlaugh:

Did you at least read it?

will-i-am
Group Admin

2825079 exactaly (also I can't spell lol:derpytongue2: my future editors are going to hate me lol)

Something Special in the Wind is my vote

Why does the number of votes I got remind me of the number of votes I got when I ran for class representative?
:derpytongue2:

2859380 Because you lack confidence. Never be afraid to lose. Besides, this is all for fun.

You could always take a shot at the contest i'm hosting. At least you won't have to worry about me as an opponent! =p

When did I say I was afraid to lose? I gave exactly not one single damn, and was just writing for the lolz.
I completely agree, I lack confidence.
Wait.
How is confidence related to this again?
And anyway, I just said it reminded me of the time I ran for Class representative because the number of votes I received so far is equal to the number of votes that time.
Sorry if this sounds aggressive or anything.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 57