Apple Scratch Verse 275 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 49 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 49
Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

I discussed about the verse with Kapuchu yesterday, and an interesting topic came along. How did Twilight, Octavia, Rarity, Rainbow, Fluttershy and Pinkie joined the Council of Harmony?

Well, I thought about the main idea for each, and that it could be great to have a fic explaining that already. But, as some of you are already waiting for updates, I don't have the heart to make you wait further.

So I thought that we could make some sort of prompt fic on this subject. (like they do in all group)
You pick one of the six member and write a small chapter (1000-2000 words) about how they got recruited by the two princesses.

Then I'll gather the ones that I think suits best my vision of things into a small fic Prequel (all of the participants would be credited of course, I'm not going to take that from you;))

What do you think?

Choose your council Member. in () there's the order in which they joined.

Twilight Sparkle (1) How did she became Celestia's student/ how did Celestia saw her fit for this role? (age 18) (Luna Eternal, and Storm_Twister are attempting)
Octavia (2) Octavia's symphony (age 18) (Kapuchu)
Rarity (3) Mistress of social games, arts and dress making. (Age 19) (Wolfie 03)
Rainbow (4) record breaker.(age 17) (Odinsgard)
Fluttershy (5) the quiet master of the wild, and of the Stare! (age 18) (Royal Rainbow)
Pinkie (6) or How does an Alicorn react to being shot down by confetti? (age 14) (G3k0771)

more infos on the Council can be found here :)

I consider it quite an achievement to discover my questions to have sparked this idea :derpytongue2:

I have a rough idea with Octavia, so I'll give it a shot with her. 1000 - 2000 words... I can have it done either today or tomorrow, I think. If not, then it'll be done at a later date :rainbowwild:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Cool^^ you write it with a Gdoc and send it to me? Or do you want to do it in another way (I haven't really thought this through, the idea came to me just before I got ready to go to the uni)

are we just writing the prompt, or is the entire thing a group fic?

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

one person, one council member is what I thought first, but if you have idea for two characters. You can take more than one.:twilightsmile:
Just let me know which character's story you're trying:ajsmug:

1809391 what i meant was, are we just gonna write the prompt, or are the chosen gonna end up doin that character's whole story (with obvious input from you of course) cause i could probably do a short prompt, but im no good at full stories

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

just the moment during which they got selected. So I guess the prompt, it's just one chapter to write:applejackunsure: If I got what you ask right

That sounds like an interesting idea, and I would like to contribute, but I can't think of anything right now. If I do try to think of an idea, I might go either for Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy. Anyway, I'll try to think this over the week and hopefully come up with something.

i shall attempt pinkie :pinkiesmile:

Good. Pinkie's the only one I really wanted to do, but if I'm not the only one, then I don't feel obligated. :twilightsmile:

I have way too much on my plate as is. :derpytongue2:

If you want an editor for it, gimme a call.

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Great ^^ send me a gdoc when it's done :raritywink:

Just snuck on at school, this seems like a fantastic idea. I'm glad other people are writing prompts though. I would go crazy if you started another story that i had to keep up with. I think i just got caught, hope to see some updates soon bye! :ajsmug:

I want to try and do Rarity's, starting to get some ideas already after reading the little blurb on her and the others in the other discussion. :ajsmug: Though after reading Pinkie's background information, I'm tempted to do one on her, but there's already two others doing so... :pinkiesad2: :pinkiehappy:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Nice ^^ if you need infos or anything, pm me ^^

If anybody needs editing, just shoot me a PM. :ajsmug:

1810211 well, I don't know how to use gdoc... :applejackunsure: what is it and how does one use it?:trixieshiftright:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Well, it works like microsoft word.. it's online, so you can share it with folks, and you can import it on fimfiction easily. (just needs to be momentarily public.) it's perfect for pre reading, editing and what not
(just type google drive into google :p)

If I can I'd like to do rainbow...? :pinkiesad2:

By the way, how would each chapter be entitled as? Or will you take care of that later?

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Go ahead :rainbowkiss: no one picked her yet!

you can think of a name for your chapter, but if you don't I'll figure something out after reading it:raritywink:

1814709 Well so far, the one title I've come up with for my chapter is "Council of Harmony Origins: Fluttershy." But honestly, that doesn't sound good enough to me. Maybe and hopefully you can come up with something better for us.

1809148 reading this comment over again as I'm starting to write Rarity's story, what do you mean by social games? If you were to say games (especially for parties) I think of 'pin the tail on the pony' and other 'classics' that a certain pink mare likes to play. :pinkiecrazy:

That and I think of how she is a noble (sure, she's human like the rest of them) but other nobles wouldn't want to take part in uncouth games, unless it was for little kids of which they would still not take part and encourage their own children to not do so as well... :rainbowderp: So what kinds of games are we talking about?

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Well, you know, "social games" flatter the right people, knowing when to stay quiet, when to speak. Politics & gossip!:raritywink: that kind of games:twilightsmile: the ones pinkie would suck at......

:pinkiesad2:
Don't worry, Pinks, those aren't even fun for you :twilightsmile:
:pinkiehappy:

I'm still fairly proud of how I made 'Tavi beat the living snot out of her mother... As a figure of speech :derpytongue2:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

1809688>>1809531
Don't get too strict about the word limit I put, if the story is 2800 words instead of 2000 it's no big deal (just not a 9000 words please :derpytongue2:)

I confess, while i share many traits with Twilight, writing reports and stories with glee isn't one of them. However i DO have a little idea for it, but don't expect something just because i have an idea. Seriously. Id have a meltdown and give you something 4k words long as a means to appologize. Also, it would be my first attempt at writing, despite having read literally hundreds of fics here.

So um, no pressure right? :twilightoops:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

No pressure at all :twilightsmile: Have fun writing it, that's the most important part of it;)

Do you still need someone for Twilight?

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Luna Eternal is trying to write that down, but if you have an idea, I'm willing to read yours. I'll pick the one that suits my head-canon best:twilightsmile:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

The slot for Pinkie just opened up.
If you're still interested by writing Pinkie's story. You can try :pinkiehappy:!

:trixieshiftleft: Damn, I didn't want to want to write it. I guess Rachel dropped out of the running?

I'm kinda trying to focus on my rewrite and continuation of Winning Agent, so that's a bit of a priority...

Maybe if this wasn't such a short term project, I'd go for it, but I don't really think I'd be able to get 2k words on one story in less than a few weeks.

If, on the other hand, everyone else gets finished and you still have no Pinkie, I'll step up and throw in what I can.

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Nothing's forcing you! If you have other things to do, it's cool:raritywink: Maybe someone else will step up.

Ahh, but the muse of the artist is a cruel mistress, my friend. :pinkiecrazy:

Because Mariacheat asked me to, I'm going to do Pinkie. Hopefully it won't fail too hard.

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

1849411>>1827652>>1829383

So, how are you stories coming along? Well I hope :twilightsmile:

Suprisingly, this is isn't causing me too much trouble. I'm just beyond halfway done(I think), and I'm at the part where Luna gets shot down. I'm supposed to be alseep so I can't work on it right now though.

1867493 School and marching band has taken alot my time so I havent started it but I will when I get home. Also idk how long it will take my editor to edit it.

1867493 Just thought I should give you an update. the story is half way done and should be done tomarrow. Well thats if i dont get distracted. I will also have to send it to my editer. So sometime early next week.

Any word on any of the rest of the council of harmony?

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Pinkie is on her way :pinkiehappy:, and twilight is blocked on the road :pinkiesad2:

1966485 I see. Okie Dokie

1967340 admittedly true, but I actually say just Okie Dokie most times in real life even if I do like Pinkie Pie and her funny phrases. :pinkiehappy:

1809148 Is this still going on? If so, can I do Twilight?

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

that would be much appreciated.... that's the only back story left to do. :twilightsmile:

don't hesitate to check on the other stories or ask me questions about the Verse for your writing :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 49