House of D'aww 764 members · 1,165 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Baby Boo
Group Contributor

The Top Shelf is a story folder for items chosen by our sterling staff as representing the very best of the very cutest on FiMFic. Because we are a tyrannical oligarchy, these selections will be entirely subjective and subject only to whatever principles we decide to apply*.

However, because we are a gracious and benevolent tyrannical oligarchy, we will deign also to solicit opinions from the unwashed masses, who are obviously inferior for not having passed the strict requirements to become Admins of the House of D'aww**.

This sticky thread is for nominating any stories you think are worthy of the honor of The Top Shelf, as well as for chiming in to second, third, or infinitive any previously made nomination. You can nominate your own stories, but then everyone will know you're being a Trixie***.

* Just like the proprietors of a certain prominent MLP fansite!
** Strict requirement 1: ask for admin status or hint strongly that you wouldn't mind having it. Strict requirement 2: not be a total asshat.
*** But then again, Trixie is Best Pony****, so that's okay.
**** See? We really are just like the proprietors of a certain prominent MLP fansite!

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

I'm quite fond of this story here. But this one is absolutely beautiful, and it's difficult to get much cuter than this story.

Baby Boo
Group Contributor

Psst... you guys are both members of the tyrannical oligarchy. Though you can choose to wait for seconding votes if you like, you don't have to.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

D'oh! :facehoof: My eyes stopped at "tyrannical".
That, and I remember suggesting that the folder in question could be something controlled by just you.:twilightsheepish:

So we can just start placing stories?

Baby Boo
Group Contributor

Well, I'll second on Special Talents, Vampony Hunters and Battle of Fort Book, but I haven't read the others yet.

You can, yes; I might at some point create an even more super-duper-special folder just for my own favorites, but I'm not feeling quite so grandiose right now. Not quite.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

I've been abusing my power since BB gave us the go-ahead. I dropped in a couple of yours, one of mine, and some others...

Baby Boo
Group Contributor

Incidentally, that is a ferociously cute Trixie. Like a certain admin on a certain highly-prominent MLP fansite, I'm just so easily swayed by Trixieness...

arcum42
Group Admin

Unfortunately, iJab appears to be banned at the moment. One can hope that it's temporary...

--arcum42

Baby Boo
Group Contributor

... oh. Um, okay, weird. I'm deliberately not gonna ask why, since that road leads to nothing but Internet Drama, which interests me significantly less than, say, Scootaloo torture stories.

Which I don't like, and don't want to see. Is my point.

Anyway, hope it wasn't because Ijab was being a total dick where I wasn't looking or something. Hunh.

I nominate my own story. How to Preen Your Chicken.
Can't go wrong with what was the number one rated fic on the site for the last week, right?

arcum42
Group Admin

Well, all I really know about it is what I've gathered from looking at the comments on his page, in any case...

--arcum42

Baby Boo
Group Contributor

Ooh, yes, seconded and added by Supreme Leader. This is one of the best Scoots stories on the site, no exaggeration. :scootangel:

"Welcome home, Squirt. Welcome home." :rainbowkiss:
Edit: By the way. I need a name for Fluttershy's foal. Go.

Baby Boo
Group Contributor

Hmmm, a challenge... afraid I'm coming up dry right now but I shall give it some thought.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Just noticed that iJab doesn't appear to be banned any more...

--Sweetie Belle

I nominate my story Of Cellos, Bubbles, and Moonbeams. It's gotten the d'aws from many people. I hope you like. :trixieshiftright:

Who's Trixie? Here's my self-submission!
Beginnings and Endings

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20