~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,674 members · 9,282 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

This is LOOOOOOONG overdue, but here it is! The official announcement of the winners' placement (because only three contestants applied, and there are only three places, everyone is technically a winner).

I have to say, each story was very good, and I was glad to read each of them. I'm just very disappointed in myself that I didn't rectify the finalization of this contest when the deadline finally came (me and my laziness. Celestia help my idiotic lethargy). Never the less, here are the winners!

1ST PLACE
To Fill the Sky With Lights
by JackShine

A touching little tale about old wounds between old sisters. The writer's use of FIREWORKS here elaborated on the lore between the 1000 years of Luna's banishment, while also presenting a theme of hope and atonement.

2ND PLACE
Fire Crackers
by Metool Bard

A silly story about a group of the unlikeliest of individuals coming together for a bizarre but friendly picnic. The writer's use of FIREWORKS were a bit more unorthodox and inventive, even bringing in a rather off-beat type of comedy amusing these off-beat characters.

3RD PLACE
Trust This
by ThatOneWriter

A cute little romantic story about insecurities and trust. The writer's use of FIREWORKS was a little more traditional, but set the mood and emphasized the wonder and vitality of two main characters' relationship.

I HIGHLY recommend EVERYONE that is reading this post to check out these stories. All three were very well written, and I was very honored to be able to take the time to read them over and grant the writers something of my own in return. Thank you ThatOneWriter, Metool Bard, and JackShine for your patience with me, and for these wonderful stories.

If I ever do another contest like this again, I PROMISE to be much more prompt.

Soooooo...when's the next contest?

*Shot with oatmeal cannons*

Okay, okay, seriously though. Congrats to the applicants/winners/proactive authors! I'm gonna stick each of these on my Radar and read them in sequence during my down time. It's not much, but hey, free reader.

Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

4635819 Next contest? Hmmmm... ... ... Halloween/Nightmare Night. I'll call it the "Apparition Amphitheater Contest". I'll hammer out rules and maybe post it September.

That is, if I don't get struck with the sudden case of LAZY and piss about doing nothing the whole time. Who knows, though.

Thank you for commenting, and thank you for taking a look at these stories form these authors. They deserve any reader they can get.

4635825 *Headbow* I help where I can. Speaking of which, I'll likely try to spit out a Halloween-themed tale (whether silly or spooky) so you'll have more entertainment to judge. I mean, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, but yeah. [empty]Promises.[/empty]

Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

4635833 Cool. I'll keep that all in mind.

Still, even if you can't, it would be great if you pop in to whatever annoucement I or other admins/contest makers bring up. Ya know, say hello and maybe drum up a little extra support.

4635836 What, you mean be social? Perish the thought Yeah I'll try that. All in the name of dominating the world!

Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

4635851 Oh good sir, you think too small! The World? Why not the Solar System? The Galaxy? The entire Universe?

:yay:

I'll get in touch with you at some point about that art

Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

Holy Moly, I forgot I did this. Is there anyone still looking for art? Life kinda caught up with me and I probably haven't finished the artwork asked for. Please, do send a note about it.

A quick peek at the profile pages of the three contestants shows that only 2nd place, Metool bard, is still active. Might as well just contact him/her/it directly.

Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

I've sent them all a message, just in case.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11