Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Divine Path
Group Contributor

To Master Thread

[Fanmade Touhou Character]
To the extent of mastering onmyoudou and calling evil spirits…
Stage PHANTASM~
—Boss; BGM: Yin-Yan-Shi Serpent
Spell Card: QED "Shiki's Sealed-Room Murder"
An interesting character with a blend of inspirations. :3
The Yin-Yang Ouroboros

"On the first day, when it was dark over the deep,
God created and separated light from the darkness.
Now... just how many eons have passed since then?
[...]
Have you ever thought about this, girl?
Paper, like gods, can fold itself into any shape imaginable.
Now! Face these origami gods, crawling out of
the dark history of chaos, and see how many you can endure!"
~Abe no Kiyohime (Shizume Tsuchimikado)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm a snake, you know. My name is Shizume Tsuchimikado.
Also dubbed Abe no Kiyohime, who quiets souls who wander, and submerges the souls of fools.
You royalty, the most vicious species of human being,
would do well to attain peace in death. By Buddha's grace...!"
~Abe no Kiyohime
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In her house, sunken deep in R'lyeh,
dead Kiyohime waits dreaming.
It seems, girl, that you've opened the forbidden trapezohedron shining in that sea.
Meaning: you've made me VERY MAD!"
~Abe no Kiyohime

"Cut and paste bit for anyone else who wants to do this
Feel free to discuss stuff like character design, headcanons, theories, opinions and the sort.
Feel free to post favorite fan art or character specific themes, or whatever so long it's relevant to the topic subject.
To spread these out so we has some steady discussion, these are gonna spread out, each new character thread will be made 2-3 days from the last one(rule not set in stone. Flexible if needed) Feel free to bump up old threads.
Fan Art: Try and make it SFW as far as content and hosting site, though if you need to just add (Gore), (NSFW) or whatever is needed. Safebooru is an alternative to Danbooru. if you want to find a particular piece on another site, go here Click on the camera and paste the direct image link , hopefully another link to it should turn up.
Copy paste end."

Divine Path
Group Contributor

I like how she's like a Yukari-lite, but manages to be compelling, at least to me. I'd like to see more of her.

Species: Youkai
Abilities: Capable of mastering onmyoudou

Originally, she was a snake youkai you could find just about anywhere; the remains of a human who died with strong resentment. After running wild, she devoured the soul of a particularly famous onmyoudou practitioner, thus becoming the great youkai "Abe no Kiyohime". As such, she gained a powerful intellect and the unparalleled, cursed power of onmyou.

The onmyoudou practitioner had controlled countless shikigami during his life. Even after his life ended, the shikigami he left behind still remained active. The power flowing through them was much too strong. Kiyohime tested out the onmyou powers she received by attempting to shut down some of these shikigami. The power that had been divided up between them then became hers, which she was overjoyed by.

Over a thousand years have passed since then. Having passed a significant turning point in life, gods and youkai are no longer revered in today's era. Kiyohime, a powerful youkai herself, was at a loss as to where she should live. Eventually, she decided to quietly live deep down in the ocean. And then... my goodness! She witnessed the Tougenkyuu, floating in the deep sea, opening an otherworldly gate and vanishing through it. And then... really, my goodness! Was that Ruri she sensed behind the gate? One of his shikigami, which she thought she'd collected all of? Thanks to her proximity to Kiyohime, who had fused with her former master, Ruri's powers became as strong as they were back in the day. Kiyohime, in turn, sensed Ruri's presence. Overcome by curiosity, she used her onmyou arts to pry open the gate opened by the Tougenkyuu (well, technically by the key that Yamata no Yato made), and dove inside. In the first place, Yukari's incredibly mysterious powers were derived from a form of onmyoudou. Kiyohime, who wielded the power of the strongest onmyou practitioner of all time, was extremely incompatible with the firewall that Yukari built.

And so, she descended into the space connecting the two worlds. Naturally, though, Yukari and company weren't going to keep quiet about it. And just as naturally, suddenly being deemed an invader and welcomed with danmaku prompted Kiyohime to put her powers as a great snake youkai on full display.

After this first impact, it seems that she took an interest in Gensokyo, and planned to gather faith for herself. She tried out a business where she'd make wonderful shikigami in any shape, suited to any role, but thanks to her somewhat odd sensibilities it wasn't very popular. The bell she sold to the Myouren Temple was also tossed out in the mountains a few days later, since it didn't sound very good, so she's currently sulking and making preparations to go back home.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2