Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Divine Path
Group Contributor

To Master Thread

To the extent of creating sanctuaries...
Stage TWO~
—Boss; BGM: Deep-Mountain Encounter
Spell Card: Exhaust Sign "Bloody Mountain Murder"
A rather scary person who creates interesting lore. Also, another person with a super-long title!
The Mountain Hag who Surpasses This Floating World's Barriers

"Who am I? Ain't nobody's problem.
If you stick around here any longer, you're
just gonna wind up as my winter food supply."
~Sakata Nemuno
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This mountain doesn't just belong to
you tengu, you know.
So that's your way of doin' things, huh? Decidin'
all by yourselves to scrap our nonaggression treaty?
In that case, I'll give ya a warm welcome
with my way of doin' things.
A yamanba's way, that is!"
~Sakata Nemuno

"Feel free to discuss stuff like character design, head canons, theories, opinions and the sort.
Also, feel free to post favorite fan art or character specific themes, or whatever so long it's relevant to the topic.
Cut and paste bit for anyone else who wants to do this
To spread these out so we has some steady discussion, each new character thread will be made 2-3 days from the last one(rule not set in stone. Flexible if needed) Feel free to bump up old threads.
Fan Art: Try and make it SFW as far as content and hosting site, though if you need to just add (Gore), (NSFW) or whatever is needed. Safebooru is an alternative to danbooru. if you want to find a particular piece on another site, Go Here, Click on the camera and paste the direct image link , hopefully another link to it should turn up."
Copy Paste: end"

Divine Path
Group Contributor

I wonder what sort of position she'd have if she was more concerned with the world? For a stage 2 boss, Nemuno sounds formidable.

Species: Yamanba
Ability: Capable of creating sanctuaries

A youkai who lives on the Youkai Mountain.
Yamanba are a species that enjoy acting independently, without forming groups or societies.
They barely ever interact with fellow members of their species; on the other hand, they're known to interact with other species.
However, it's always a business-like kind of interaction.

They're completely the opposite of the society-loving tengu. It seems that they form nonaggression treaties with other species and live on their own.
In the Human Village, it's generally assumed that people who go missing in the mountains were dealt with somehow by a yamanba.
But in reality, it seems that they often send lost adults back with a warning, and take custody of lost children, who they raise into upstanding human beings. The reason for this is unknown.

Nemuno herself, likewise, has no interest in the world at large. She's primitive even by Gensokyo's standards, and there's hardly any information on her.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2