Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Divine Path
Group Contributor

http://www.tasofro.net/touhou155/
We have no idea what this is about but

LET'S BLOODY GO!

EDIT:

A strange phenomenon called "Perfect Possession" is taking place.
A phenomenon where one is taken over by a completely different person, not only in spirit, but also in body.
But have no worry: Reimu is already on her way to investigate the cause behind its occurrence.

"The strongest duo have joined forces."
"Something bad for humans may happen."
"An opponent impossible to defeat by anybody alone?"
Ludicrous rumors are circulating, seemingly out of the fear in human villagers' hearts.

The so-called "Urban Legend Incidents," yet to be resolved, have bestowed unsubstantiatable rumors with a tendency to manifest in concrete forms.
And this time, the Perfect Possession is obviously yet another Urban Legend Incident.

This story is about those who keep watch on Perfect Possession, those who exploit it, those unwittingly dragged into it, and those working to expose the threat behind it...
Those who have mistaken themselves for the strongest duo. This is a bittersweet story about them.

This kind of reminds me of one episode from Warehouse 13. An artefact causes people to share existences, which means they occasionally swap in and out, although in that case they're both aware of the situation. Hopefully this doesn't mean that there's a risk of telefragging.

cuc who tends to learn these things said;

Information:
- ZUN only decided on the title three days ago
- Continuation of the Occult system
- All ULiL characters plus new characters
- No demo for this Winter Comiket
- Unabara said they also wished to port it to PS4, but this is still undecided

Of course, this is looking to be a partner-based fighter. And I am very curious to see how that plays out~

Hooray!

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Possibly a fighter, possibly team-based, possibly Phantasmagoria-style. Either way, I am hype :yay:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

New info! ˆˆ
Seems it will be a fighter. With everyone, and new characters.

Is this the first touhou game considered for porting?

Jizo-tsuki – Possession by Jizo
Kappa-tsuki – Kappa possession
Gaki-tsuki – Hungry Ghost possession
Tengu-tsuki – Tengu possession
Shibito-tsuki – Ghost possession
Neko-tsuki – Cat possession
Hebi-tsuki – Snake possession
Tanuki-tsuki – Tanuki possession
Hannya-tsuki – Hannya possession
Ikiryo-tsuki – Living Ghost possession
Uma-tsuki – Horse possession
Inu-tsuki – Dog possession
Kitsune-tsuki – Fox possession

Divine Path
Group Contributor

No, Urban Legend in Limbo just was. It was released along with Reisen added, as well as some other content. An arcade mode, a tutorial, a new stage and a new story, which sets up the premise for this game.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

I'd like to believe some of those might be clues. :yay:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

* TH15.5 is a tag team battle game.
* Release schedule and plans are well established.
* Including Udonge, all characters from ULiL are back. 20-people class.
* Aside from new characters, we'll dig deep into the current characters.
* The 2-people 1-team system greatly affects the story.
* ZUN says this time it's an aesthetic system.
* More news to come before this year's Reitaisai.

Now we know a bit more. Tag-teaming it is!

Divine Path
Group Contributor

In this incident it's two-for-one?

The still-ongoing influence of the urban legends has brought about a new incident.
In this incident two people are one!? In that case, we'll have to resolve it together!

Create the unluckiest pair using Perfect Possession!
[Here "unluckiest" (最凶) is a homonym for "strongest" (最強)]

This is an incident where one person will spontaneously change places with somebody else, called "Perfect Possession".
The playable characters are paired up as "Master" and "Slave", and you can manipulate this designation at will.

The player will choose a pair of "Master" and "Slave", and will fight together while switching between each other as a danmaku tag battle.

A Slave can lend the Master her power, occasionally pull her out of a tough spot, and be disposed in times of emergency. Such duels of love, friendship and exploitation will soon unfold.

Trial at Reitaisai May 7th 2017! :pinkiehappy:
So it's pretty much like Mystical Chain. It seems like you can play either character entirely independently, as well as have them act as a familiar. Makes sense!

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20170507T1030&p0=248&msg=Reitaisai+14&font=hand&csz=1

Of note:
*Reimu, Marisa, Mokou and Reisen are in the demo
*Occult moves remain, and drain from the bar below the slave's portrait
*Assists drain from the same bar
*Possession constantly drains from the bar, but doesn't end when it runs out (although this may be due to practice mode). Getting hit does if your bar is empty
*Holding a charged projectile autofires bullets during the charge
*Characters can have dual spellcards, with the second character being able to use their spellcard in the middle of the first's attack

Divine Path
Group Contributor

We might not hear from this until sometime next year. ZUN claims the game is around 30 percent complete at this stage.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

About 18 days until the new demo, and...

I am so happy. 😭

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Three new fighters thus far!

Youkai who Bestows Dreams
Doremy Sweet

"My name is Doremy Sweet.

I am the ruler of the world of dreams."

A youkai who rules over the world of dreams.

She normally stays cooped up in the dream world, but she's recently been seen in Gensokyo.

Just what does this mean, in the end?

Her special trait is her ability to pluck "Dream Souls" out of opponents with her attacks.

The more she steals, the more powerful her Urban Legend becomes.

Celestial of Scarlet Thought, Secluded from this Transient World
Tenshi Hinanawi

"I'm glad that I got to meet a great partner who suits me so well!"

A delinquent Celestial who defies common sense.

Upon descending to Gensokyo for the first time in a while, she discovered an unprecedented Perfect Possession fad!

Having found a partner suitable for her noble status, nobody on the Earth's surface can stand a chance against her.

An all-purpose fighter armed with her Sword of Scarlet Thought, which changes its shape to match the situation, and all-range attacks using keystones that she can control at will.

And to top it off, her atmosphere-controlling Urban Legend "H.A.A.R.P." calls forth massive storms!

Elusive and Two-Faced Youkai[
Yukari Yakumo

"That's one choice available in the worst possible set of choices.

A set provided with malicious intent, at that."

A gap youkai who can manipulate the boundaries between anything and everything.

At the same time as the Perfect Possession incident, she began to take action.

Is she truly the mastermind behind this incident, in the end?

By controlling boundaries, she can send forth a variety of rule-breaking attacks.

There's no way to predict what'll come flying out from beyond the gap.

Will it be mysterious detritus, a dimensional rift, or even Yukari herself?

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Game is out now!

Also get the patch. It's the first link. Be aware that the story mode is currently bugged, however, with some missing content.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13