Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
Timely
Group Contributor

Might as well start with the first character from the first game: Reimu

Feel free to discus stuff like character design, headcanons, theorys, opinions and the sort.

Feel free to post favorite fan art or character specific themes, or whatever so long it's relevant to the topic suject

Cut and paste bit for anyone else who wants to do this
To spread these out so we has some steady discussion, these are gonna spread out, each new character thread will be made 2-3 days from the last one(rule not set in stone. Flexible if needed) Feel free to bump up old threads.

Fan Art: Try and make it SFW as far as content and hosting site, though if you need to just add (Gore), (NSFW) or whatever is needed. Safebooru is an alternative to danbooru. if you want to find a particular piece on another site, go here Click on the camera and paste the direct image link , hopefully another link to it should turn up.

Copy Paste: end

zel
Group Contributor

991787 Her breasts are small.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Reimu is often thought to be cruel and racial, hence what she said to Kogasa.
Reimu:Just drop down from the sky, stupid umbrella Youkai!
When her shrine was demolished(again) she was not reluctant to utterly beat up the 'troublemaker from a Heaven'.
And again, she attacked Yamame because Yukari told her to, attacked Byakuren because she thought her to be troublesome, tried to plunder Mayohiga(though she might have just attempted to fluster the nekomata or something) and finally beat up Hina because she was in the way, in her line of sight and a Youkai.
...but apparently, when she's not currently fighting and flying all across the land, she tends to be a bit kinder.(She apparently helped a fairy out of the way so that she wasn't hit when she normally would have shot them on sight)
She's popularity portrayed as greedy, selfish and just generally egotistical, but she's just like that because, while mostly friendly and cheerful, she's incapable of fully letting anyone into her heart.

...hope you like my in-depth analysis.:twilightsheepish:
Anyone else want to contribute?:pinkiesmile:
HOPEIDIDNOTSAYTOOMUCH.:fluttercry:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Oh, um, theories, yes...

THESIS NUMBAH WAN::pinkiehappy:
...:twilightsheepish:
She's the same miko from the PC-98, but Yukari, being the manipulate hag she is, altered some of Reimu's memories so that she can't remember the majority of the ones from back then.
THESIS NUMBAH--NUMBER TWO:
While she was the one to make the Spell Card rules, Reimu was probably visited by a hidden Yukari who proposed the idea.
Disguising/hiding herself is not above Yukari.:twilightsheepish:
THE-
You know what? Stop that.

Anyway, theory number three::trixieshiftright:
Her hair is brown now because magic she used to finally seal Mima with dyed her hair to normal color.
That is what I have right now.:twilightsheepish:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

...now for character design.:raritywink:
Keep it brief. Please.:ajbemused:
...still bitter that the Danmaku Borders denied you Yukari?:trollestia:
Not. Funny. Tenko.:fluttershysad:
Oh dear...:fluttershyouch:

Regardless, the "red-white miko of wonderland"'s outit.
I think it conveys the fact that she's a shrine maiden pretty well, a sunny person who frequently starts the morning with a battle to the death(which isn't because of Spell Cards).
Cheerful and sunny, that is exactly how that non-full-sleeve dress means.:twilightsheepish:

Timely
Group Contributor

interesting.

And don't worry about saying too much, that's what discussions are for

Personally, I thought most of what she said was in the same vein as Bruce Campbell's dialogue in Burn Notice, just being a smart Alec with anyone she ended up encountering.

Timely
Group Contributor

As for appearance, maybe she was going through a phase in the PC-98 games, and that's why she had purple hair.

No one is allowed to speak of it....

Divine Path
Group Contributor

...I think it's just her informal-not-too-caring attitude which attracts Youkai.:twilightsheepish:
She constantly unwittingly makes friends, even if she doesn't consider them such.
Also, thank you for the interest.:twilightsheepish:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Oh, according to ZUN, we were asked to disregard it because he doesn't want people to muddle up canon until he himself brings attention to it.
(Hence:
Reimu: Everything went back to normal when I defeated you back then!)

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Also, hope you don't mind me making another CD thread in the same day.:twilightsheepish:
Sorry...:twilightoops:

Timely
Group Contributor

Don't worry about it, there's like 130 characters, we should still have enough to last.

Timely
Group Contributor

992850 I'm gonna have to stock up on images for Sakuya's thread.....:pinkiecrazy:

Divine Path
Group Contributor
Divine Path
Group Contributor

This chapter provides much paranoia fuel and fridge horror; humans becoming youkai, particularly those from the village, is a sin punishable by death. Jinyou are considered dangerous, regardless of intentions.

4423995 What manga is this image from. When you think about it there is alot of fridge horror within the Touhou franchise. Everybody casually comments on Youkai eating humans, just as it was just a matter of course. It's kind of disturbing to know that a good amount of the youkai character you meet have definitely eaten a person at some point.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Indeed. This is from Forbidden Scrollery.:)

4427260 Ah, yeah from what I've heard Forbidden Scrollery is one of the more disturbing works in the Touhou frachise. The art looks pretty good actually.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

This manga is more or less from Kozusu's perspective of life in Gensokyo. Understandably, the humans have a severe disposition toward Youkai and the supernatural, and Reimu and Marisa thus become more serious. Wild and Horned Hermit is more easy-going, despite the occasional jolt courtesy of the One-Armed Hermit.
Harukawa Moe is also the artist for Urban Legend in Limbo, by the way~

4427310 The the plot of Urban Legend of Limbo sounds pretty interesting from what I read on the wiki. Urban legends from the outside world affecting Gensokyo, and those legend widly changing according to shifts in belief.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Just like youkai, and gods~

The yin-yang orbs only work when armpits are exposed hence the reason why Reimu Hakurei The Armpit Miko of Paradise exists

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21