Human in Equestria 16,819 members · 16,970 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

It's been stated that the technology level in Equestria was only supposed to be as advanced as necessary to make a given joke work.

Super Speedy Cider Squeezey 6000

Rainbow Rocks (top-left portion of image)

These are just a couple of examples I can come up with for light bulbs. I'm sure there are a LOT more.

As for internet, I can only guess that they somehow found out how dangerous it is and banned it. :rainbowwild:

Think of it like Pinkie’s various stashes of misc. items hidden around town. There when you need it, gone when you don’t.

It is a world with magic. Enough said. I think?

The reason why their technology is less advanced than humans is because they have magic as their main resource. They're levels of technological advancement just like in the Halo Franchise. http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Technological_Achievement_Tiers
Equestrian ponies and other species in their world are at Tier 6 while modern-day humans are at Tier 4.

They have arcade mecines and electro music

Arcade games could be electromechanical. It's been a thing before digital ones appears. And electric pickups invented way back in 1920+ (and first electric guitar created in 1930something). Several decades before Internet appears.
And they do have electric bulbs.

, I feel like the inconsistencies could be contributed to two different factors, the first being the fact that since Equestria is not in a state of War or threat of War unlike our own history of mankind developing technology for war and defense first before using for public use a good example of this being the development of the atom bomb before nuclear power. The second being that in a world where magic can do almost anything there's no need to reinvent the wheel that being said I could see most adventurous being either earth pony or Pegasus since they would have to figure out ways to do things without the assistance of magic.

"Necessity is the mother of invention"

If you have magic, technology will only advance where magic lacks...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11