Human in Equestria 16,804 members · 16,966 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

So, I was playing neverwinter for the first time in a long time, and the trailer for the ravenloft expansion inspired me. As well as the vampire coast dlc for warhammer 2.

A group of pony adventurers find themselves in a land far to the east, sent to hunt down an evil that has been plaguing the shores of Equestria and her allies for more than a year. The few survivors spoke of dead things, rotting monsters and pirates sailing forth on ghastly wrecks of ships that should have long ago sunk to the bottom. They arrive on a continent that always seems overcast and dreary, mist pooling in every run down village and gothic town. The people here don't go out at night, and always seem sunken eyed and fearful. Upon accepting a quest from a local noble, they storm the keep of the capital city, hoping to face down the lord of shadows.

The ever present mist darkened in the musty halls, gathering at the foot of the throne before congealing into a man. His every movement filled with a predatory grace as his thin cruel lips formed a smirk.

"I was not expecting guests" He purred in a voice like velvet, swirling a wine glass in his hands as he inspected a sword that had been in the hand of the earth pony. "At least, not ones so well armed. Silver, is it?" he said, running a fingertip along the blade, not even wincing as the cut sizzled. "Let me guess. You come to my country, break into my home, crush my guards, steal my treasures and act all around quite brutish.....Because you think I'm the source of your troubles.

"s-silence monster!" Cried Dawn, drawing her backup blade, trying to overcome the wave of primordial fear that threatened to have her knees quake every time his eyes looked in her direction. "We've come to end you and free your people!"

"Free them? From me you mean?" The count asked, smirking with amusement. "I'm the only thing keeping them from your people, your homes. You think I am the monster? I am the MASTER of the monsters, the lord of the shadows. the 'people' you are so eager to save, are every one of them, monsters themselves. Some Live under the sway of a curse, Others do not live at all. It is only by my will that they did not swarm and consume you, my intrepid little meat snacks. Some chose not to obey, and you dealt with them quite effectively"

The story to follow would be one of many Questions, where the ponies are thrown into the dark world of Politics among monsters, Doing their best to keep their heads above water as they struggle to accept that sometimes, the devil you know is far better than the one you do not. Also included: Undead pirates, liches, a Vampire count that may or may not be the only thing keeping an ancient evil from destroying the barriers between the living and the dead. Undead/were-creature/ eldritch horror politics

👌👀 this some good shit right here!...

Wait NeverWinter is still around?

Also, I like this idea a lot. Please tell me you are making it a thing.

Glen Gorewood

Alive, kicking, and free. mmorpg.

and sadly, no. but you can steal the idea

Damn that would make it one of the oldest free mmorpgs (or legacy ones) still around. Population density is stable right?

Maybe, but I’ve got a lot on my plate right now and lots of story backlog.

Glen Gorewood

cities are pretty crowded, yeah. Lots of players between 20-40. but ravenloft doesnt start until 70

That’s pretty crowded indeed.
I might try it out.

Glen Gorewood

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8