Human in Equestria 16,819 members · 16,972 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

The concept seems kinda interesting, a human farmer gets called to help a wounded pony, and wildly miscalculates what that means. I'm considering maybe doing a rough draft on something like this just as a sort of private exercise, but I'm not quite sure where I would begin. From who's perspective would it be from? How should it be played? Probably for laughs, as playing it straight would be rather dark... Has there ever been a story kinda like this where I could maybe get an idea of where to begin? Any advice would be appreciated.

Oh god, I love this. lol

Old, but classic. Too bad they didn't do more of these because Hasbro's copyright strikes on the animators back then.

I remember a REALLY old comic, I think it was from the /co/ days and it featured AJ hurting her hoof, Twilight told Celestia about it and she loaded a shotgun.

For an actually helpful comment, like mentioned in the thread if you go in for the gun heavily it can get real dark real fast, I'd say a bit of a random comedy/crackfic that goes from 0 to 100 once the ponies realize what a boomstick does

That was funny. Reminds me of the old Looney toons.

I'd say to start from Pinkie's perspective to give it a sort of innocent vibe at first. Then move to the Farmer's perspective, but keep it lighthearted so that it can remain comedic. You know, like have him gripe and groan about have to do the extra work, but still be somewhat pleasant because he doesn't really mind helping a friend.

There was this abandoned story where Megan from G1 had to explain putting old horses down to some of Mane 6. https://www.fimfiction.net/story/71660/a-mighty-demon-slayer-grooms-some-ponies
One of those silly comedies that keep getting progressively darker until the writer breaks down and has no strength to reach the ending he wrote in advance.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8