Human in Equestria 16,761 members · 16,930 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Has anyone ever seen a Human in Equestria story where the human says he or she eats meat and the ponies say it's not a big deal because they've interacted with other species that eat meat, and Fluttershy even says she isn't afraid because she's raised several animals that eat meat?

I've seen a story like this, it was called Your Human and You.

I remember a Dresden files displaced fic that flat out had carnivore ponies.

6333273 Several honestly: Your Human And You (which I loathe because it is little more than one of those 'torture the protagonist because I hate people' fics), Misunderstandings, The Lunar Guardsman, The Unity Pact series, there are others but they escape me.

I was gonna say the same thing. Amazing story.

I've seen several. Fluttershy has predators that are obligate carnivores, which means they must eat meat or they cannot survive, and she's fed fish to otters in cannon, so meat is no big deal to her.

quite a few. quite... a... few.

Just those I can easily remember
Onto the pony planet (kinda, most ponies aren't exactly confortable with the humans eating meat, but they still provide them with meat and the human aren't rejected) Never Wish (it is not make a big deal og if I remember correctly), herding instinct (some ponies do care, other don't. The main 6 are not really there though) and Equestrian Mark (the human trie do hide is habit, thinking the pony would freak out. They find out, and are upset that he got sick for such a stupid reason.)

There been a joke theory that ponies ancestors are predators. The whole arguments behind it that herbivores don't really need binocular vision, extremely strong bite (RD bite cause wooden beam to crack) or high strength and stamina.

Understandable.

I think the Dresden thing said the meat eating was because magic needed fuel from the body and protein is great for that.

I remember rarity eating like a savage. That’s about it.

To be honest, the whole "ponies are pure herbivores" thing never really made sense to me. I mean sure, in their world many sources of red meat are sapient, and having the ponies eat hamburgers on a children's show would raise some... uncomfortable questions for the parents after the episode "Applebuck Season", but Fluttershy herself has been shown feeding fish to her more meat-inclined animal friends. There are also plenty of other races in their world that are based off of carnivorous creatures. Griffins/Gryphons/Griffons? Big cats mixed with birds of prey. Dragons? I shouldn't even need to explain that one.

And as for the herbivorous races, such as the ponies themselves? Well... just watch this video. You'll understand.

Can I please get a link?
Can I please get some examples?

I can't find Equestrian Mark. Can I please get a link?

can't think of any off my head. There was one HiE/Herding story where she had a shed out back she kept deer carcasses, donated by the dead deers' relatives.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16