Human in Equestria 16,819 members · 16,972 stories
Comments ( 44 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 44

Pretty much everything that this guy says about how time travel to the middle ages would be a really stupid idea could be applied to Equestria and any human who thinks they would be a tough guy in a world of ponies with just an m16 and a wagon full of supplies. Eventually, this hypothetical human is just going to be outsmarted and outmaneuvered, and then he or she is going to face issues like health care, finding a safe place to sleep in as well as, ammunition is heavy and not infinite. Not only ponies don't speak English, they would also be treating you as a complete stranger, as well as borderline criminal.

here is what I would do go sit by a tree everyday the same tree and just sit there not doing nothing because I do care about violance

M16 and a Wagon full of supplies?

You're going to need a lot more than that to take on Equestria.

First of all, an M16 would be a lousy gun to rely on as your only primary weapon in any case. If you're gonna go shoot up a fantasy tech level society, at least get yourself a reliable gun. As a Stargate fan, I've always been partial to the FN P90 myself. Secondly, even if you're packing a whole damn armory, it'd still be nearly impossible for one guy to bring down Equestria on their own, no matter how good they were. And that's not even considering the game changer magic would be. Unless you've got a nuke in your supplies, and you consider 'winning' a pyrrhic victory where you probably blow yourself up too...not gonna happen.

Fucking one v one me in irl m8... I POWN SOME PONY NOOBS...

No, on a real level you just need a fucking truck and drive into Moscow... I mean Mospony... Heil Celestia...

IDKFA

Problem solved!

... I would just bring that tank proof armor that was developed. It has air conditioning, can survive shits from a tanks and from guns and if knife proof. All I would need is a very reliable and long knife along with this armor. And who said we can't travel back to the future to acquire more gear? I would travel back and forth bringing materials and since this is pardoxial time travel use infinite of my own selves to build a bunker and commit mass murder of the middle ages.

I always enjoy Skallagrim's videos. I may not agree with all of what he says but he does his research well. Personally I'd rather time travel to the future then the past for a few reasons.

One: it's easy since from out point in time the future hasn't been written yet so it's a blank slate, that and traveling to the past opens waaaaay to many paradox's that I don't want to deal with into the equation.

B: While it may be confusing to me at first (for example our Technology is like at the Star Trek Next gen level of tech) I'll probably be able to adapt easier to my new surroundings because I've come from a time that has already expanded it's horizons some. ( And by some I mean a micon's worth, I've met some people that would make cave people look like Einstien with how they act:twilightoops:)

San: (this one is assuming that we as a race keep learning and making new tech and don't end up in a third or, God forbid, fourth world war) Tech would be more user friendly and easier to use making learning simpler and more stream lined. Like how many modern day companies are making phones, computers, tvs and other appliences easier to use.

I'd choose to go to the future, true it'd come with its own set of problems and hurdles to over come but I don't believe they'd be as big as going into the past. just my thoughts and ideas. :twilightsmile:

I used M-16 as an example of the gun that fires 5.56 Nato rounds. Fn-SCAR would probably be a better choice for a human to use if he can get his hands on it that is.

Hearts of iron ftw!

Would i be able to take over Equestria with a M16 and infinite? No, would i be able to kill hundreda if not thousands of ponies yes.
And while this topic was discussed previously I never actually found a story with this idea.

I only have read two fics where the human had an firearm and mostly he used them for defense.

On a side note HealthCare is something that never comes up, wouldn't Equestria have different bacteria, viruses that could prove lethal to us and would they're medicine affect us positively or negatively.

Simple do a starlight glimmer and start your own faction.

Or go the way of Italy and make the New Roman Empire a thing... and watch thrm get eaten by the soviet union.

The m16 is a great weapon and the most developed and continues to be useful in many ways. The p90 is a novelty weapon and useless unless it's in 9mm.

And magic is extremely varied in the show and we've already seen how the ponies fight in the show. These weapons were developed and change the game greatly. A person coming from the future would have a major advantage, even black powder weaponry would be a huge boost.

And secondly, we are talking about going to Equestria, not the middle ages earth. They speak English already, and we already have a back story knowledge and understanding of their world. They also have already shown to have a much better form of health care than the middle ages.

This video skallgrim made isn't a good comparison.

They also have already shown to have a much better form of health care than the middle ages.

Good luck accessing that if you're shooting them with your M16 which

The m16 is a great weapon and the most developed and continues to be useful in many ways.

Whatever that's supposed to mean.

6245606 Gee, then I should only use my weapon for defense now huh?

As for the m16, can be used for hunting, target practice, self defense, can be changed into multiple calibers with ease. This was in reference to the person saying the m16 sucked because it boiled down to the fact it wasn't the one used primarily on stargate.

This whole thread's premise is ridiculous. If you're forced to be in the past or another dimension, having any modern weapon is going to be a huge advantage for an individual in a potentially dangerous situation. Especially one not versed in a medieval style fighting. No one, not even someone from the future is likely "take on" the past soley on their own, whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean.

The problem eventually comes down to quantity, quality, sanity and sleep.

Quantity = How many bullets you can carry and how many targets you pick to shoot at.

Quality = How many bullets you fired and how durable your gun is as every shot slowly makes the gun weaker and weaker.

Sanity = How many enemies did you make? How many targets do you need to take into account? How many ponies, griffins, dragons, or goat lich monsters are hunting you down? How safe do you feel in your improvised base of shelter? How much are you willing to risk that stash of food you stole or demanded for tribute wasn't poisoned?

Sleep = How much sleep can you get when your being chased? How long will it take for one luck punk to sneak in with a dagger towards your neck while your asleep?

With all of the above even owning a magical tank that never runs out of fuel doesn't give you enough power to take over Equestria by yourself. The real trick is how many people you can bring under your sway, how many forces can you bring to muster, and how many lies you can weave to convince the others that they can't gather six random ponies with a bit of jewelry to suddenly turn you to stone... or banish you to limbo... or convince a dragon (or few) to attack you.

And that is of course without dealing with Equestria's wild life.

Taking over Equestria isn't a short run. It's a marathon you need to plan and train for.

6245701With a light caliber rifle, you can carry quite a bit. Even a 22lr would serve you fine. Modern ammunition is very high quality. Unless you are using neglected ammunition from Afghanistan, you'll be fine. Even communist manufactured ammunition is reliable. Shit, even 19th century black powder rifles are reliable.

And one person cannot take over any world, unless you level 100 plus DnD style or something.

I think the thread is misleading here.

It ultimately depends on which version of the M16 we are talking about . M16A1 to 3 all had their flaws, from weapon jams, being prone to get dirty oily on the mechcanisms very quickly and easily, to the firing chamber blowing up in the operators face. M16A4 was one of the best weapons to be created in the last 30 years though, only to be replaced by its descendent, the M4.

Dropbear
Group Admin

>Needing a weapon to take over Equestria

Plebs.

I bet you can do it with nothing but an Ethernet cable and common sense.

Dropbear
Group Admin

I don't get the reference.

Gee, then I should only use my weapon for defense now huh?

Not exactly in the spirit of "take on Equestria" now is it?

This was in reference to the person saying the m16 sucked because it boiled down to the fact it wasn't the one used primarily on stargate.

The P90 was a sensible choice for Stargate because the expeditionary teams were only using them for defence; if they encountered something at range they'd just relocate.

When it comes to dedicated armed responses Stargate personnel use M16s.

The m16a1 pretty much got all the flaws removed. Flaws that weren't present until the Army Ordinance Corp actively fucked with the rifle. Most problems were due to the Army Ordinance Corp changing the specs from ammo powder, not chrome lining the barrels, chamber, BCG or certain areas where it mattered, and no cleaning kits.

*Also, to anyone building a rifle, either buy phosphate bcg or chrome. Others are gimmicks or cost too much for what the other too do.

And ALG Purple Go Juice lubricant is the best!!*

As far debris goes,

The dust cover is excellent at keeping crud out, you can even chamber a round and keep the dust cover closed and it will open when you fire it. Dust is simply not really an issue at all. Not even mud. I never had any problems shooting my m4 in Afghanistan nor my personal ar15 carbine in high volume fire.

Also of note, the UK SOFs used A1s until the 90s when they were absolutely worn out. Then were replaced by Diemaco listened m16s known as LA129a1 or c7/c8 carbine. The m16 system is combat proven. Is loved by civilian shooters from North America to the lucky few in Europe that can own them.

And the A4 model is just pretty much knights armament shit added to it. Unless you get a foregrip on it, standard handguards are the best.

"the M16 is a good weapon"
ahahaahahhhahahahaahahahahahahaahahahhahhahaahahahahhhahahahhahahahahhahhahaahhhahhaahhahaha

Ever heard of vietnam mate? The M16A1 jammed so much it is not even funny! The M16A1 is a shit gun. You're talking about the M4, M16A2, M16A3, or M16A4

Also, taking on Equestria wouldn't be too hard if you had access to WMDs.

Step 1: Befriend the mane 6
Step 2: Nuke Canterlot
Step 3: Send an Ultimatum to Twilight
Step 4: Cement your new rule and select a new capital.
Step 5: Success!

6246578 Funny the first ar15s used in Vietnam before had no problems. The Army ordinance Corp removed chrome from the crucial parts. You know the Ak uses tons of chrome right? On the chamber, piston, barrel, etc. They also changed the specification of the ammunition powder which changed the dwell time and gumed up the rifle.

After they introduced the a1, the problems went away. Also, I love Soviet weapons, majority of my guns are Soviet origin. That said, I won't buy in to false information about the ar15/m16.

It works and I have no problem trusting my life with it.

L85 series however....

"the majority of your guns are of soviet orgin"
Legit Russian or Chinese knockoff? 65-70% of Soviet guns were actually produced by the Chinese.

The Soviet Union had many old state arsenals. And the Russian federation still does to this day. You will have to cite that because I don't believe it.

I should have specified designed.

Romanian tt33
Bulgarian Makarov
Bulgarian ak74 in Spviet furniture
Tula Kit build AKM
Chinese SVD
Polish RPD
M91/30 with a Finn trigger, shims, CMP sight, turn down bolt.
Type 53 mosin carbine.
Remington 1100
Hawk 982 pump
Marlin 22lr semi
Type 99 Japanese
Glock 17
C8 carbine build on a CMMG lower

No single person has access wmds and their delivery systems. None. The plan is silly.

>calls people plebs about needing weapons to take over Equestria.
> Has written numerous stories about the concept.
> "Hypocrite much, Senpai?" - Kyle the Scrublord

Not to mention too much Gary sue, the plan fails cause the cancer is too much.

Dropbear
Group Admin

> Has written numerous stories about the concept

Name one.

Plan B and ponies-pirates-and-peculiar-psychopaths seem to prove my point. Armor can be used as a weapon, it is an extension of the body, and as Nigel has proved, seemed very capable of taking over Equstria himself. I could say more stories of yours, but they are limited to small sections or scenes.

Your hiatus has made you weak Senpai...

Dropbear
Group Admin

Ah, but Equestria was never actually been taken over, unless you count Sombrero's success. Never, in any of my fics, has Equestria been entirely taken over.

Yet.

Remington 1100
Hawk 982 pump
Marlin 22lr semi
Type 99 Japanese
Glock 17
C8 carbine build on a CMMG lower

Since when are these soviet?

Dropbear
Group Admin

Type 99 Japanese

Obviously Soviet.

Old habit of naming every gun I own. My bad.

Dropbear still made a funny joke out of it. 'Tis more a happy 'accident' than a 'bad'.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 44