Human in Equestria 16,819 members · 16,972 stories
Comments ( 45 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 45
Banchoking
Group Admin

Long ago, a terrible calamity befell the humans, forcing them to go into underground stasis shelters to survive.

Since then, their eternally loyal companions, the diamond dogs, have been mining for magically charged gemstones in Equestria's soil to fuel their masters' magical life support systems.

That's actually an awesome idea for a story can't wait to see someone make it if you won't that is

Banchoking
Group Admin

Glad you like it.

I always liked connecting the d-dogs to humans.

I could see the dogs culturally having an entire religion about being a Good Dog, just like the dogs from the game Pugmire.

Banchoking
Group Admin

I could definitely see that.

This seems like an interesting idea, I kind of hope it pans out into a story

Banchoking
Group Admin

If you don't mind me asking, what other stories do you know of that have diamond dogs and humans?

Banchoking
Group Admin

Only Darth Vulcan, but that got taken down.

Well that sucks

Banchoking
Group Admin

Yeah.

I like the d-dogs.

Yeah it's a shame there are so few stories out there that include them as anything but an antagonist

Banchoking
Group Admin

I know.

I have them as side characters in one of the EQG stories I'm writing.

Another good portrayal of the was in this MLP investigation game, the name of which escapes me.

the story twisted fate has the D-dogs in it they dont have a big part yet but that might change in a few chapters i hope

Banchoking
Group Admin

Can I get a link?

We need someone to write this this is an amazing idea I'm guessing the "good boy" religion was based off most rules humans had for their dogs and i feel the story would start off with pony excavist finding a human stasis chamber and the dogs declaring war for intruding on "the Chambers of the creators".

The Rise of Darth Vulcan is still getting updated though occasionally on Archive of Our Own.

Last update was on August 11

Banchoking
Group Admin

Excellent ideas.

"You defile the resting places of the masters!"

here yea go the dogs show up around chapter 20 i think it builds the world before the show nicely with the poor guy turn changeling https://www.fimfiction.net/story/319260/twisted-fate

Banchoking
Group Admin

Cool. Thanks.

they hoping they gonna get a big meaty bone?:rainbowkiss:

Not to sound like I doing this just for self-promotion, but I have a story where a displaced inadvertently takes control of a d-dog pack.
The story is called "Balancing Forces" and while it doesn't have the d-dogs related to human like your idea, they are still the supporting characters of that story.
I admit it was partially inspired by "Darth Vulcan", besides I'm a fan of world-building and I just had these idea to try with the diamond dogs.
Sorry but some scenes are NSFW so I can't post a direct link, just go in my stories list if your interested.
I like the human and d-dog dynamic you sugested, I would read a story like that.

This sounds like a great idea for a oneshot. I like the idea of using the episode where rarity is kidnapped, recasting the diamond dogs as defeated heroes instead by showing where they go after losing. I just might have to write it, if someone doesn't beat me to the punch first.

Banchoking
Group Admin

Thanks!

Human: "Bones? After this, you're all getting steak! Who's a good boy!?"

I just put it in my read later list.

I like the human and d-dog dynamic you sugested, I would read a story like that.

Glad you like it!

I read that story...the ending ...would make discord proud of how random it turned out.

Banchoking
Group Admin

That'd be great to see.

Yeah.

Comment posted by Banchoking deleted Sep 18th, 2017

Well, I wrote it. Might take a few days for my editing team to get around to second draft and such, but I'll post in this thread once I get it published.

What happens when they wake up? Is it a good thing for the ponies, or more like :pinkiegasp: THE STARS ARE RIGHT! THE STARS ARE RIGHT! EVERYPONY RUN!

There is a story where the diamond dogs use all those gems to keep something asleep. All when they are conquered and all the gems carted away . . . bad things happen.

I keep hearing about this Darth Vulcan story I probably joined after it got deleted what was it about?

It was among the earliest displaced stories.
Here is a link. As far as I remember the story isn't NSFW so posting a link should be fine.
Originally it was posted here on Fimfiction but for some reason it was deleted and reposted on Archive of Our Own.

Interesting idea. Also, long time no see, Banchoking.

Banchoking
Group Admin

Awesome!

Ask Starscribe, they took up the idea.

Thanks.

Glad to be back.

Editors really went above and beyond getting this one done as quick as they did. She's published.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/386015/why-we-dig

Banchoking
Group Admin

My Little Investigation. It's a pony Phoenix Wright game.

Darth Vulcan got taken down? That sucks man

Banchoking
Group Admin

Apparently it got moved to archive of our own.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 45