CMC Clubhouse 971 members · 2,136 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

Well, there goes my "Where do bears go to the bathroom?" thread. :twilightblush:

What about a King of the Hill based question?

How rude of me. I didn't say thank you.

2825558 There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people. :ajsmug:

2825558 Actually, that isn't so self evident as one would think.

For instance, if you draw a realistic picture of a child being molested you can go to jail for it. The child you drew doesn't exist, it's fictional, nobody got hurt in the process and yet, you go to jail for it.

Personally, I don't think that "Is CMC clop legal?" thread should have been deleted. It was a genuine question.

This depends on which country you're in.

In the United States, some states would like to prosecute you for this, but it is actually protected speech under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. Note that a depiction of an ACTUAL child (as in, a person who actually exists) may well be illegal, though for different reasons.

In some other countries without freedom of speech, however, you might be legally liable - and note that the majority of countries in the world do not have unrestricted freedom of speech. In the US and Japan, it is legal. In other countries, it may not be. Check your local laws if you have any questions on the matter.

2826026 maybe the question was valid, but it is the wrong forum for it.
firstly, it is a matter of where you live, and we're no Lawyers, right?

if you need leagal advice, the place to go, is your lawyer.

And maybe the question it stemed forom would have been, is it morraly right?
and since none was actually hurt, more then your paper and pencil,
(or what ever medium you dreq it on)
2826241 thanks, this does shed some more light on the issue at hand.

2826988 We are versatile bunch of people. Perhaps we do have a lawyer in our ranks.

Even if we don't have a lawyer handy, there still could have been somepony that could shed some light on the issue.

Perhaps CMC clop is illegal in some countries. If that is the case then there is a possibility, that because that thread was deleted, somepony will end up in jail. The chance of that is probably remote at best, but still it could happen.

Whatever the case, I still think that the question "Is CMC clop legal?" was valid and not stupid. I'm also not the only one with this view. There was a similar discussion here and no one called it stupid.

Comment posted by Shadow of the Night deleted Feb 11th, 2014

2827767 if we do indeed have a 'Loyer' on the site, I think many of us would love to hear the wisdom, so we need not speculate.

there is a chance someone did get in trouble over it, if they live in the wrong community, and someone made a leagal point out of it. is that our fault? not in my oppinion, since you'r liable to have an idea what is right where you live.

as to how 'Stupid' the question is, depends on wording, and who is judging?

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Well, here's one that hopefully isn't stupid. Since you're an admin, can you change the broken banner to point here?
http://i.imgur.com/aGRbity.jpg

I kinda provided a new link, um, 24 and a half weeks ago, but nopony did anything...

--Sweetie Belle

3830952 Sweetie Belle, I never took you for a necromancer.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Well, I looked for a recent thread, but this whole group is kinda deadish, and if I replied here, it makes sure one of the admins sees it. The banner this group uses is one I did anyways, it's just it was on an account that died a while back. Unfortunately, I just have contributor status, not admin status, so I can't fix it myself.

Besides, maybe I'll get a necromancy cutie mark?

--Sweetie Belle

3831272 Well, I guess it's okay to bring dead things to life if you can make up an excuse.

I bet your cutie mark will look something like this:

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

I've brought dead groups to life before, so one thread's minor, anyway.

Of course, I coulda tried burying Opal in that special cemetery for pets. If she came to life that way, I bet I would get a necromancy cutie mark. I think this is less dangerous, though.

--Sweetie Belle

3831293 What happens if even so many raised threads don't give you your cutie mark? What happens when even your plans for Opal turn out blank? What then? What Who is next?

You're starting to scare me, Sweetie Belle.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

I already decided against that one. I heard that if you raise a pet from the dead, they'll go all snarly and growly and always attack you and things, so I wouldn't really be able to tell if it worked, since Opal's always like that anyways. Maybe somepony already raised her from the dead.

I'm mainly concentrating on my admin cutie mark and hugging cutie mark plans, really.

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23