Badass Shining Armor 249 members · 170 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

IDW Comics are coming out with a two-part story on how Shining Armor and Cadance originally fell in love/became boyfriend and girlfriend.

:twilightsmile:

(And yes, he is holding onto a bunch of RPGs)

Thoughts?

Opinions?

that makes no sense. Cadance is already an alicorn in the image, and yet they're clearly both still in school. that means Cadance was turned into an alicorn far further back than we ever imagined... dat shit d-tarded.

also, is that Cherry Berry in the background? wow she's a lot older than I thought too.

This arc, titled Neigh Anything, and the previous Zen and the Art of Gazebo Repair with Big Macintosh are the only two arcs I'd get.

If you've ever managed to find a copy of Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell (tons of pages exist on derpibooru), Cadence was fairly young when she was changed into an alicorn. Also, the arc is supposed to be parodying a lot of 80s romantic comedy movies; the above-mentioned title is refering to a movie called Say Anything for example.

Dash Attack
Group Admin

I personally can't wait for this. Andy Price and Katie Cook have done a wonderfully job with these comics. They get away with things you would never expect the comics to to get away with. I loving the big mac arc and can't wait to see this. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any 80's romance movies. They better make a breakfast club reference.

I've been looking for a copy but haven't found one yet. Where were they supposed to be selling them, do you know?

I would think Amazon.com would either have a copy or be connected to a seller that does.

Hot Topic also sells MLP Comics, (or at least they did the last time I was there).

I know but sadly the only Hot Topic that was in my home city closed down like two years ago, and the closest one now is about an hour drive away >.<

I think it really depends on just how canon, one is to interpret 'Crystal Heart Spell, like the comics and the Micro-Series, I think they are all intended for the reader to decide for themselves.

I just want to read it. I don't care if it's canon or not. Then again, depending on how good it is, I might just want it to be canon.

Revenant is also right about Amazon carrying them, as does IDW's official page, and you can get them on ebay (but, I only look for the ones where you don't have to go through all of that bidding BS).

I hope so, I was severely disappointed with the lack of Mean Girls references in Equestria Girls, which was easily one of the films biggest flaws aside from the premise, the complete absence/ignorance of Shining Armor and the creation/inclusion of Flash Sentry.

Socially awkward female protagonist in a new environment?

Check.

Typical High School Drama?

Check.

Alpha-Bitch female antagonist?

Check.

Writers, what more did you NEED? :flutterrage:

(At least the writers of the comics seem to understand us.) :heart:

I still need to read/buy issue 10 to see how Big Mac's quest for nails ends, but I am so much more excited for a Shining story arc!

I think one of my friends will enjoy this cover too, since he played RPG's a lot when we were in High School.

:twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15