RP R us 94 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Hey again, folk that enjoy roleplay! I betcha a ton of you don't know me, but I'm the guy who happened to throw up a pointless little RP on here back when the group first started that kinda blew up from just a simple interaction forum. Not that I'm complaining, the fact that four people managed to get together and change what was going to just be an excuse for characters to meet each other into something much more plot driven tickles my fancy quite well.

No, what I'm doing is deciding "Y'know what? This'd probably be a great read if it were turned into a book," and I'm pretty sure at least two of the others agree with me on this. So, instead of sitting around dreaming about it, I figured (with advice from one of the others) that it was high time to throw up a forum post where we all can discuss it openly!

So, now that I've gotten that out of the way, time for an dynamic agenda/to-do-list-thingy that I'll update as we get shite done! (Listed in no specific order)
- Get consent of everpony that was directly involved in the plot: The Illusive Badgerpony, carefreedude, Drizzle Quill and GallantNavy.
- Establish things such as point of view and flow of story, etc.
- Establish where the story would be posted
- Establish roles for each collaborator, such as drafter, pre-readers/editors, etc.
- And more~

Now, why the buck would I post this thing on here and not in some private group? Because I (personally) would like to see others get in on this, either contributing characters or ideas or editing/pre-reading the chapters before they come out. No idea how the other three feel on that, or if they even want to be a part of this, but hey, just throwing it out there!

If you happen to be interested, post said interest, down below then go READ THE RP. You kinda have to know what's going on to join in, y'know? I know it's long as buck and all, but without any understanding on what's going on your ideas and/or characters will probably be rejected. Sorry it has to be that way, but not really. :derpytongue2: If you aren't interested enough to wade through roughly 1300 posts to learn whats going on, then you aren't interested in helping.

Also, as a side note, it is still possible to join in on the RP, but again, you kinda have to know what's going on. :twilightsheepish:

Aaaaaaaand post!

Ah, yes! It's here! :pinkiesmile:

-So the ideas we've discussed so far via PM are the title: Chaos and the Father
-The idea that the whole story is a book written by Driz and Bound collaborating
-We need to find a place to cut it into chapters and switch around point of views so that everypony's part comes into play
- ...I think that's it, honestly. And do you mind if I start thinking up ideas for the summary?

-Jah.
-Jah
-Jup.
-Not at all, feel free to think something up!

1759916>>1759903

Carefreedude reporting in. I'm willing to help in any way needed.

By the way, I like the title.

Also, I don't know if you all have read the Bartimaeus trilogy or not, but they do have a concept similar to this. They separate each point of view into individual chapters, allowing them all their time in the spotlight.

1761479>>1759903

Excellent, we just need Illusive and then we can really get cracking!

Also, glad you like the title, though I'd like to keep rooting around for a better one until the first chapter is complete. Something just feels a little off with the current one.

And no, I haven't read that series, though the way they did their chapters seems ideal for our situation, especially with so many things happening at once.

1761531>>1761479

So how will we work with the point of views? Possibly something like "Gingersnap - One" and then the next chapter is "Zeke - One" and so on, and once all the characters have been gone through, would it go to "Gingersnap - Two" ? However, this wouldn't work because there are a lot of things where the characters are interacting with each other and to repeat the scenes just to see it in a new light might be tedious. Hmm...:applejackconfused: We need to think about this, don't we?

1761545>>1761531

How about: Gingersnap's Chaotic turn of events.

It's been a while since I read the books, but on parts where more than one character has something important going on, they had only one telling it, but had it switch when another important event happens. Sometimes within the same chapter, but not always. They also just had normal names for each chapter, rather than stating who is narrating or being talked about at the moment, they allowed the reader to figure it out by the context.

For example, one character, Bartimeaus, always narrates his chapters. Other characters have their chapters read from a third person perspective. On parts where they intermingled frequently, they had only one, usually Bartimeaus, saying what was going on at the time. Only switching on occasions when someone left to do something else that is very important.

But that is just one idea. We could also just do a normal story version and the narrator just explain everything that is happening within that present moment, regardless of where the characters are at the moment.

1761717>>1761545

I'm on board with there being one primary character's point of view with the other characters getting third person when the story follows them, or with there just being a singular third person narrator, but telling every event from every angle is, just a Driz said, incredibly tedious, both tor write and read. That's actually one of the primary reasons I un-faved on story, I was getting tired of reading the happenings of the same events at least twice, sometimes thrice. That and the guy had a bad habit of over explaining everything, kinda like one of my old online buds from... Brazil I think... Regardless, that's something I'd like to avoid doing frequently. Maybe once or twice when the group re-joins up for some big event, but not consistently. More than anything else, it's gotta feel right.

Also, like that title even less, Dude: this ain't just Ginger's story... Though the "turn of events" bit might work with something else... Mayhaps "A String of Chaotic Turns of Events," mayhaps?

1761818>>1761717

A String of Chaotic Happenings, maybe?

I think I would go with a primary character's POV. It would just be so hard to explain if we switched to replay the same events over and over and it'd be awful for the reader...so unless the character is thinking something really, really important, we won't switch POV until a big event happens? Then the next chapter will be in another character's POV and so on?

1761838>>1761818

Five stories; One chaotic adventure. (I'm terrible with titles)

Just so you guys know, I'm on board with whatever we decide to do.

1761838>>1761887

A String of Chaotic Happenings has my vote.

Also, third person narrator would probably be the best idea overall, less fuss over who's doing what and whatnot. 'sides, if Sea or Driz wrote it, it'd probably be told from either a first or third person perspective, more likely third if it's a collab.

1761927>>1761887

Third person narrator it is, then!

And I like any title that you guys think of, really. I do like A String of Chaotic Happenings, though.

1761965>>1761927

Five stories; one chaotic adventure it is then.

I'm just kidding. I like A Sting of Chaotic Happenings better as well.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14