RP R us 94 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1351 )
  • Viewing 1,251 - 1,300 of 1,351

1732107>>1732405>>1731869

"Um... Dad?" Screwball crosses her eyes for a few moments, evidently trying to watch her mouth, "I can't exactly do that... Nose is too big."

"You um..." Ginger looks over his shoulder to make his act seem a little more believable, dropping his voice to a whisper, "Do you remember that filly from the island..? The one with the.. You know."

"Something got Torch worked up?" Blink blinked at the thought, "Thats... That can't be good, then."

1732107>>1731869

"You mean Zeke's kid? Oh sweet Celestia! What happened?! Is she hurt?!" Theo responded, wondering if he needs to call an ambulance or something.

Zeke chuckled, picking her up and nuzzling his nose against hers. "I didn't mean it that way, you silly pony!"

1732488>>1732488>>1731869

Ginger winced slightly at this, evidently Theo's fantasy ran deeper than he had anticipated. "No, she... Theo, she's been foalnapped. Do you remember that mare with the rhymes? She dropped a hint as to where Screwy may be but..." He sighs, "Its in Chicagoat, and we both know that the guards are only pretending to be in control there... Meaning unless somepony else does something..." He bites his lip and closes his eyes, forcing himself to remain convincing as he chokes out the last bit with a lowered head, "Zeke won't get to see her again..."

Screwball giggles at her Dad's antics, "Then why'd you say it like that, daddy?"

1732573>>1732516>>1731869

"Well what the buck can we do?!" Theo shouted. "And what does that bitch Pearl have to do with this?! I never liked her!"

"You don't remember?" Ginger raised his head to look Theo in the eye, "No, of course you don't remember... Let me remind you, then." Without warning, Ginger grabbed Theo's shoulder and flashed them both a couple thousand feet upwards, out of Gem's house and high above the ocean.

"Where are we now, Theo?"

1732573>>1732656>>1710750

Zeke raised an eyebrow. "Say it like what?"

1732772>>1732694>>1710750

"What?" Was all Theo could get out as he tried to make sense of his surroundings. "How? How did you do that?" The skys overhead began to darken. Theo started to fly backwards away from his friend. "What are you?" The sky let out a crack of thunder. Words like Chaos and organization started to flood his mind.

1733149>>1732772>>1710750

"Like you wanted me to watch my nose, silly filly!" Screwball giggled.

"Me?" Ginger asked innocently, flashing behind Theo to cut of his escape with a POP! "I'm a pegasus from Cloudsdale who had his world turned upside down by some candy clouds that didn't like it when I kept them from diving into the spectra vats. Because of that I'm a Flasher, a chaotic pony who can teleport to any location I know of in the blink of an eye with little more than a poping sound. I learned how to control it two days ago, when you nearly crushed me for being something I never wanted to be, then needed my help not to long afterwards."

He flashes away, giving Theo a little more space, though his eyes are hard, "But that's not the question. The question is, who are you, Theo? Do you even remember anymore?"

Zeke put Screwball down, a hoof to his chin. "I don't... Screwy, I don't... I don't even know, girl..."

1733299>>1732772>>1710750

Theo watched in fear and amazement at his friends display. Crush him?... Why would I do that... He was... He was a wretch... He needed to be exterminated. Theo put his hooves on his head and squinted his eyes hard. Wretch? No! He is my friend... Who I met a few days ago. The thunder sounded again. Who am I? I'm Theo Lumbermane. Son of a dead carpenter. NO!! She isn't dead! Junior was just making her a birdhouse for her birthday.

Suddenly an image of a blue mare with a light blue mane and a young Theo suddenly appeared out of know where. The scene they were doing seemed familiar to him. "What is this?" He questioned.

"Honey! Whats wrong!"
"Mama, I feel funny."
"Come Theo, we will get you to a hospital."
"Mama, why is the sky getting scary?"
"Just ignore it honey. Quickly follo-"

Theo watched as a bolt fell from the heavens and right on the two. "NO!!" At the same moment, a real bolt fell and struck him in a bright flash. When Ginger was once again able to see, Theo was hovering there with his sunglasses back over his eyes and a shell over his mouth.

He flew to Ginger. Without directly looking at him, he said. "Come on. We got a filly to save." He then flew back to the resort to get the original hammer he left behind. Before he left, Ginger could see a tear escape from behind Theo's shades.

1733598>>1733411>>1710750

Ginger let a small, sad smile spread across his face as he watched his friend go, "I feel for ya, Theo..." He sighed and looked back at the water below, "In more ways than way."

POP!

Screwball grinned up at the Zebra. "That makes too of us then!"

He sighed, leaning his back against the glass. "I... I'm sorry you got dragged into this."

1733711>>1733411>>1710750

Receiving a few angry stares, Theo took their free energy device back. Theo then started flying immediately towards the beach to dive into the city.

Gem's eyes finally stopped glowing. "About bucking time. I gotta get going." She then took off towards the elder's hall.

Pearl, Slip, and Blink finally arrived, only to be greeted with the impatient looks of the other elites.

"I guess that just leaves Gem." One elder said.

"Of course that girl is late. She's gonna make us wait." Pearl grunted.

1733721>>1733831>>1710750

The filly just giggled a little at his apology, "Dad, it's not your fault." Then she sighed, "I-Its mine..."

Before he could dive straight in, however, Ginger flashed in his path.

"Slow down, Theo. Do you have any idea what you're going to do when you get down there?"

Slip merely shrugged at this, "Maybe she had something important holding her up?"

Blink shrugged likewise, "Does it really matter?

1733898>>1733831>>1733721

"Shell call spells?" Delicately lifting one hoof from the pile of stuff on the floor Driz picked her way across the room to stand by Bound's side and peer into the now lipstick-smudged mirror. "What in Celestia's name is that supposed to mean?"

1733898>>1733917>>1733831

Zeke wrapped a hoof around her shoulder, shaking his head.

"It's not your fault. All of these other ponies are crazy. They keep sayin' your dangerous and you haven't hurt a soul..."

1733898>>1733721>>1733917

Theo grinned at the flasher. "I'll do what I do best." A bolt fell from the sky onto his hammer. "Create a scene." He was about to take off before a thought crossed his mind. "Oh, but quick question. What exactly happened?"

1733917>>1733971>>1733979

"Exactly what it sounds like: I'm calling Razor's portable shell-mirror," Sea Bound explains, "He's the only one of us that owns one, but that's just because he gets around so much we need it to keep track of him. You have anything like that on the surface?"

"Well that's because I could be dangerous, Dad." Screwball explains, resting her head on his chest, "I just don't want to be..."

Ginger sighed, "Remember how Screwball was messing with my mind, used it as a lifeline and whatnot? Well... There's some kind of leftover connection or something, because I was passed out with a hangover and suddenly I felt an overwhelming terror, followed by drowning... Or vica-versa, order doesn't really matter. Point is, the feelings weren't mine, meaning something managed to scare her. Considering she's able to do just about everything and not afraid of anything, that's a big deal in of itself...

"Then there's the Elder's suddenly recalling all their Elites right afterwords...... Something tells me that that pickle jar they say Discord left behind's at the center of it. They said something about it needing his 'spawn' or child or something... And I'm pretty sure Screwball's the only thing nearby that qualifies........" He rubs his chin in thought, "Also, lighting underwater would probably kill everypony. Not a good idea."

1734120>>1733979>>1733971

"You mean like phones? Phones that are mirrors?" Driz cocked her head to the side, before seemingly deciding that was indeed what it meant. "That's pretty cool, I guess." She stared into the mirror, but still it seemed just like a regular old mirror. The mare was tempted to tap it but restrained herself. "How long does it normally take him to pick up?"

The zebra pulls her close, kissing the top of her head.

"Hon," he murmured, "Anypony can be dangerous. Anypony. They just have to try real hard. Most good ponies never misbehave and be dangerous. I've had dangerous friends before, and they're no fun at all, so don't be dangerous, okay?"

1734171>>1734163>>1734120

"Mind link? Understood. Magic Pickle jar? Never heard of such a thing. Lightning underwater?" Theo grinned. "This hammer won't lose it's charge in water. Also, so long as I maintain contact with an energy source, The residual electricity won't harm others." To demonstrate, he set his hammer in the water with no dead fish floating to the surface. "Now, times a wasting. Let's kick some elite flank. I believe I owe Pearl a good smack to the jaw."

1734260>>1734171>>1734163

"A while, usually," Bound admitts, tapping one of her hooves on the table of the vanity, "He's ususally too busy 'being awesome' to notice the call at first. It's annoying, but at least this way we can get a hold of-"

She's cut off, however, as a half-seapony stallion suddenly materializes in the mirror, looking cheerful.

"Yeeeeeeeeeees?" He asks, smiling at his surrogate sister, "What'cha need, Bound? Somepony giving you a hard time?"

"No no, those stupid colts learned their lesson the last time." Bound giggles at the memory.

"Aw, I was looking forward to kicking more fin.."
"Sorry Razor, but I just need you to find a few ponies for me."
"And rough 'em up, right?"
"I would hope not, they're friends of a friend."
"Oh alright... Who am I looking for?"
"Some surface dwellers."

Razor does a double take at this.

"Surface dwellers? What have you been up to Bound?"

Screwball giggles a little and hugs Zeke around the middle, burying her face in his fur once more. "I promise, Daddy. Just as long as they don't hurt you."

Ginger chuckles a little at that last statement. "Yeah, I guess you do," He concedes, turning towards the water, "I can probably flash us to the museum again, if you- Who am I kidding, faster travel is better travel." He places a hoof on Theo's shoulder and does just that, the two appearing just outside the aforementioned place. Unnoticed by Theo in his rush to kick some flank, however, Ginger's constant flashing seems to be catching up with him: His fur is starting to dull again.

This could be a problem.

1735987>>1734260>>1734171

"They're friends of me," Driz admitted, stepping in the way of the mirror so that Razor could see her, too. She figured she must look pretty silly with the shell upon her face; her wings fluttered a little in embarrassment, causing them to be seen by the half-seapony stallion.

1736082>>1735987>>1734171

The two rushed as fast as they could swim to the elder's hall. Just outside, about ready to enter, was Sea Gem. Theo was quick to take action. "Gem! Stay back!" He called out, causing her to halt in her tracks.

"Listen Theo. I got no time to be burying your bone right now." The illusionist was quick to respond.

"What? That's not why I'm here. I'm trying to save our friend. According to Ginger, she's been taken by the elders and we are going to rescue her."

"Is that so? Then I guess I better warn the elders you're coming." Her eyes began to glow to create an illusion.

"Sorry about this." Theo quickly struck her in the front of her neck. Her eyes stopped glowing and rolled back into her head. She then fell to the ground out cold. Noticing the look Ginger had, Theo was quick to explain. "Hey! She is one of the few beings of chaos that I don't despise. I would rather not see her get hurt in this mess." Feeling that she would be just fine, he continued. "Alright, now here's the plan."

Within the room, a silhouette of Sea Gem appeared for a split second before disappearing completely. "Was that Gem?" Torch asked.

"Yeah. It kinda looked like her. But why did she create an illusion?" Terra responded.

The elders started to whisper amongst themselves. Finally one lifted their head and called out to the elites. "This does not pose a good sign. We must begin the preparations before we are interrupted by anything." Another elder pulled a light on the wall which caused the wall next to it to lift up and reveal a secret path. All the elites, except Pearl who likes to do a lot of stealth work, were surprised to see this. "You eleven are to defend the this corridor from intruders. Should anypony enter-"

He was interrupted by the front door suddenly imploding in on them. On the other side, a rather cocky looking Theo had his hammer over his shoulders as he swam in. "Knock Knock!"

1736082>>1734171>>1736082

Ginger swam in behind Theo, looking unimpressed. "Really Theo? Was the cheesy one-liner really necessary?"

Meanwhile, Blink and Slip echanged a look: whoever these guys were, they were either incredibly stuipid for busting in like that, or so well prepared that the gathered Elites were going to play right into their hooves. Probably the former.

"Y-you're a.." Razor gaped, eyes growing wide before he snapped himself out of it. "Stay right there, I'm on my way!" The mirror suddenly went black as the stallion closed his compact mirror and darted off for home.

Sea Bound apparently found his reaction humorous, as she's taken to giggling and half-hiding her face in behind her hooves, "Typical Razor, has to see things in pony in order to believe them."

Before Driz could ask exactly what was going on, the stallion that they had just seen on Bound's mirror prior swims in a nearby window. "Holy buck it wasn't a prank," He breathes when he catches sight of Driz, approaching slowly. "Y-you're actually down here... I-In my house of all places.." He had a look of wonder about his muzzle, almost as if he was still having trouble believing this was happening.

1740008>>1736791>>1734171

Driz laughed, slightly embarrassed; she shuffled to one side to allow Razor room in the cluttered room, and as she did so, her wings once again came into view. Nothing was special or different about them, they were just normal wings. But clearly to Razor they were much more. She fluttered them a little and laughed again. "Yes, I'm a Pegasus. I guess it's a...a pretty big deal down here, huh?"

1740101>>1740008>>1734171

The elders picked up the jar and started to head through the passage. One stood at it's entrance and called out to the elites. "You all are to dispose of these intruders in any way you see fit." He then pulled a lever on the inside wall and the door started to slowly close behind him.

Pearl hung back and pulled another lever that caused sheets of metal to cover all the doors and windows to prevent escape. The other elites started to approach the two pegasi, keeping their distance in case they actually did have something planned.

Theo smiled. Oh, they had a plan alright. He leaned over to whisper to Ginger. "Alright, don't worry about these guys. I'll slow them down for you. Just flash your way into that secret passage and get that jar." Noticing that Ginger had a 'What the buck are you thinking?' kind of look on his face, Theo elaborated more.

"There are two things you need to concern yourself with. First, I don't want to see what they are going to do with Screwball, so you need to get that jar away as quickly as possible. Second, there is something you need to know when it comes to chaos." Theo brought his hammer down from his shoulders into a fighting stance. "Chaos becomes much more dangerous and powerful-" He then swung the mace into an electric light. The energy flowing out of the bulb went straight through his hammer and into his own being, without electrifying the surrounding water. The sparks arcing across his body turned from yellow to blue, and the rest of the lights in the room started to flicker. Theo turned his gaze to Ginger so that he may see his glowing eyes behind his shades. "The less you can control it!"

1740697>>1740101>>1734171

Ginger looked over Theo for a few seconds, eyebrows raised. "Remind me to never challenge you to a fight in an urban environment, kay?" Before the Stormer can respond, however, he flashes behind the aproaching Elites, right beside the now closed passage the Elders went down. "And give 'em hell for me, will ya?" Another tell-talle POP and he's on the other side of the wall, leaving Theo to fend for himself.

"Kinda, considering you're a surface dweller and all," Razor replies once he's shaken himself out of his stupor, "But seriously though, I'm a huge fan of pegasi, so let me just say this is like a dream come true!" He grins eagerly at her, almost bouncing in excitement now that the awe has passed.

"Razor here's a big fan of speed," Bound explains, placing a hoof over his shoulders and smiling warmly at him, "And pegasi can get blistering in the air, from what we've been told, so by extension that makes him a big fan of you. Kinda."

Razor chuckles nervously at this, "Y-yeah, basically..."

1741091>>1740697>>1734171

"Speed?" The first thought that came to mind was Rainbow Dash, Element of Loyalty. "Most pegasi can fly at a moderate speed. I'm considered pretty fast, I guess. Nowhere near Wonderbolt status, though." Driz smiled and blushed a little as she noticed Razor seemed to be hanging on every word she said. "Um...there are some really fast ponies up there," she finished stupidly. A big fan of me? I only expected to gain fans of my writing. But is there really a creature out there who would be a fan of me just being regular old me? Ha, I doubt it!

1741116>>1741091>>1734171

Ginger was gone before the elites could stop him. The only ones that could really go after him were Terra (who wanted to stay and see what blue balls was going to do), Slip (who again is just as curious), Sunny (who sure as tartarus wasn't going to go after Ginger), and Pearl (who stayed for rather obvious reasons).

Every sea-pony kept their distance from the striker, not wanting to risk getting zapped by him. Pearl was the first to approach. "Slow us down? Is that what I heard?" Her skin became darker as she drew closer, changing it to rubber. "That notion is far too absurd."

She quickly rushed him to give a quick jab. Theo just stood there with his hammer still connected to the broken light, bracing for impact. The moment she made contact several spark flew from the pegasus and sent Pearl flying across the room. She got up and examined her hoof, to see it partially melted.

Torch and Terra immediately rushed to her side. "Are you alright?!" Torch asked.

"I'm fine you flaming worm!" She started approaching Theo again. "Oh I swear that I will make you squirm."

"You thought that trick would work twice?!" Theo taunted. "Let me lay some facts on you. Last time we fought, I had my electricity being controlled and concentrated within this hammer. It is a means to ensure the safety of others when I fight. But you may notice now that we are in a sealed room with only me and eleven abominations that need to be eliminated." The electricity dancing across his body began to speed up.

"But rubber isn't going to help you this time. Once I let go of this hammer, all of you will experience the full power of the storm first hoof. While rubber is an electric insulator, it's only effective to a certain point. The average lightning bolt carries about 30,000 amps of charge, has 100 million volts of electric potential, and is about 50,000 degrees hot. These amounts are several orders of magnitude higher than what ponies use on a daily basis and can burn through any insulator! Even the ceramic insulators on power lines! Besides, those bolts tend to travel many miles through the atmosphere, which in of itself is a good insulator, and you all are getting it from a few yards away!"

Every sea-pony in the room immediately understood the danger they were all in. Everypony that had the means to escape immediately did so. Terra opened a hole in the ground and dragged her brother into it, then sealed it back up over them. Sunny flashed away to Celestia knows where. Slip grabbed Blink and phased both of them through the fake wall into the hidden passage. This left Pearl and the five other elites to feel the full extent of what Theo was about to do.

"You know Pearl, you seem to like rhyming. So I wrote a poem just for you. Roses are red. The storm has been brewing. May the might of Thor, BE YOUR UNDOING!!" Theo let go of his hammer and unleashed all the built up energy at once.

Once the light show ended, Theo fell to the ground out cold.

1741116>>1741457>>1734171

"Well, most pegasi can fly faster than seaponies swim," Razor points out, still smiling, "So by definition you guys are kinda symbols of speed to guys like me." He chuckles before continuing, "Anyway, you need some help finding some friends?"

Roughly halfway down the passage (which was much much longer than it had any right to be) Ginger both heard and felt the aftermath of Theo's blast, causing him to look over his shoulder. "Luna damn, Theo," He breathed, "You better not have just blown yourself up. Celestia knows what I would do then..." The pegasus continued staring that way for a few more moments before shaking his head and pressing onward, remembering the reason Theo had done that in the first place.

Meanwhile, at the passage's enterance, Slip and Blink were regarding the false-wall with wide eyes.

"He just..."
"Yeah..."
"Should we..?"
"N-no, I doubt there's much left of them..."
"Great Father..."

And so they sat, mourning their fallen comrades in silence.

1744917>>1741116>>1734171

The room was nothing short of a complete disaster. The seats that the elders stat in were torn a sunder, all the lighting were completely shattered, leaving the room very dark, and charred corpses of of five sea-ponies lied scattered across the floor. But Pearl wasn't one of them.

The morpher was still standing where she was previously. She seemed to be covered in some kind of metallic coating. A few seconds went by and the petrified mare came to. She shed her grey skin to reveal her original pink coat. At the same moment, Terra reopened the hole to let her and her brother swim out.

"By the All Father! How did you survive?!" Torch asked.

"Please. I pay attention in class. I turned my skin to steel and my insides to glass. Electricity doesn't penetrate metal very well." She gave the downed pegasus a smug smile. "But now I think it's time I give him some hell." She started to approach Theo. "You two go take care of the other one. I'll stay here and have me some fun."

"But what about our comrades? Do we just leave them here?"

"They will still be here when you are done. Now get Ginger while he is still on the run."

"Come on Torch. We got orders. And I really don't wanna stick around to see what she does to him." Terra started herding her brother towards the passage. While she didn't want to have to fight Ginger, she would still do her duty. She knocked down the door and proceeded through, ignoring the looks Slip and Blink gave them. "You two better tag along too. I can guarantee this won't be pretty."

Pearl was now alone with the Stormer. "Well Theo, you thought you could turn me to toast. But lets see how you handle facing what you fear most." She touched his forehead.

Little Theo started small. He got a life, he didn't want at all. It started when his dad left his mom for another mare. All Theo could do was stand by and stare. His mother died from a bolt in the sky. Theo was there, and couldn't help but cry. For his mother's death, who is to blame? Why little Thoe, one in the same. And while he layed, crying in bed.

Get the buck! OUT OF MY HEAD!!

Pearl found her self instantly zapped back to reality and thrown back several yards. She stood up and looked nothing short of pissed. "That's it! You draw your last breath!" She then noticed that he was already dead. "Oh. It seems you already met your death."

Not exactly.

1745127>>1744917>>1734171

"Yes." Driz hurriedly gave the quick descriptions of the ponies she was looking for and where she had last seen them. "Though they shouldn't be hard to find. After all, they are Earth-dwellers among a bunch of seaponies."

Little did she know they were getting themselves into much more trouble than she'd imagined at first, or even dreamed of...

1745127>>1746467>>1734171

The two Elites share a look of wonder before falling in behind Terra and her brother, heading swiftly down the corridor in pursuit of their Flasher quarry.

Quarry who had just reached the end of the passage and found himself within a massive gilded chamber, made of strong looking stones of various shades and held together with all varieties of precious metals. Eyes growing in wonder at this, Ginger proceeded onward, soon sighting the seapony elders floating in a circle around the foggy pickle jar, which was now thrumming with energy. Energy that was seeping into the crystal runes set in the ground, slowly filling them with what was once Screwball's power. Grimacing at the sight, he quickly swam behind one of the many giant statues gracing the room, this one depicting Sombra standing proudly.

Unfortunately, he had already been detected.

"There's no need to hide, child. We both know there's nothing more you can do for her," One of the elders calmly speaks up, a small smirk gracing her features.

"What are you talking about, Song? We're alone here."
"Tell that to the Porter behind the All Father statue to your left."

Not having any other real options, Ginger complied, glaring at the gathered elders.

"See? Not alone," Song taunted, her smirk growing wider, "Now tell me child, why would you go to so much trouble for a simple filly? We both know she's not related to you in any way, so why risk yourself for her?"

Ginger was silent for several moments before finally answering. "B-because-"

POP!

"- REASONS!" Suddenly he was beside the jar, hooves outstretched to take it, when-

POP!

A scaly tail impacted his side, throwing him into the statue he had been hiding behind prior-

POP!

Which Tempest Song promptly pinned him against, smiling warmly at the stunned pegasus. "Cute. But I believe I asked you a question, child." She presses him harder against the statue as her eyes take on a wonderfully hard edge and she raises her other hoof to just inches away from his forehead, "Now that you've used up your ace, I suggest you answer me. The alternative is an unpleasant one."

Inside the pickle jar, Screwball's ears perked. Curious, she worms her way out of Zeke's loving hold to trot back to the edge of the glass. "Did you hear that?"

With Drizzle and her seapony companions, Razor gave a mock-salute to the pegasus and an assurance that he'd find them before darting off through the window.

"If anypony can find them, it'd be him," Sea Bound assures with a smile, wiping the lipsick off her mirror.

"Find who?"

Oh good, It looks like Spiral's awake.

Zeke's ear perked up. "I know I heard somthin'," he muttered. "A... Pop or somethin'..."

His eyes went wide, and he clapped his hooves together. "Hot shit! Ginger's comin' to rescue us! Yes!"

1749784>>1749378>>1745127

Driz turned, starting at seeing Spiral standing there, watching her. Her wings fluttered self-consciously and she looked down at the ground, observing the pile of stuff that Bound had scattered about, looking anywhere except at the seapony. "My other friends," she answered cautiously. "Gingersnap, Screwball, Theo, Zeke. Not quite sure where they are, and so far it seems like they've gotten themselves into nothing but troub-"

She cut off midsentence; one ear twitched. Maybe she had heard something, an explosion from far away. Perhaps it was just her intuitiveness speaking for itself. But she knew something wasn't right. Had something been destroyed? Perhaps...somepony?

Not finishing her sentence, Driz whipped around and swam/ran as fast as she could towards the window, hooking her forelegs over the windowsill and leaning out so far she could have fallen. There wasn't quite smoke - they were underwater, after all - but something looked wrong, near the center of the town. The mare gasped sharply.

"Celestia...what happened there?"

1751125>>1749784>>1749378

Pearl frantically looked about the room to find the source of the voice she heard. "Theo? What is this trick?" She said angrily. "Your constant annoyance is making me sick."

Will you stop with the bucking rhyming already. It's really obnoxious.

"When I find you, you will receive a world of pain!"

I'm much closer than you think.

Pearl finally realized where the blue Stormer was hiding. Her eyes went wide with panic as she realized. "How did you get in my brain?"

Yeah, I'm a little fuzzy on that detail myself. But If I were to make an educated guess, I would say it has to do with the fact that I'm a Striker and you are a Reader. You see, while I was passed out, I had completely used up the last of the electricity I absorbed earlier. So, the only remaining electricity within my body was what was being used in my brain and nervous system. When you invaded my mind, I used that energy to kick you out. It's not the first time I had to resort to that trick, but it never had this effect before. My only guess is that since you made a direct link between our minds, when I pushed you out with my powers, I ended up tagging along for the ride. And thus your mind now has a new roommate.

"Then get out now, before I have a cow!"

Hey if I could, then I would! But as it currently stands, I'm technically dead. Notice the lack of life in my body there?... You know, you should probably read more books. There is a lot of empty space up here.

"What was that scum?! Are you calling me dumb?!"

That is exactly what I'm saying. Now if you don't mind, I've got a filly to help save.

"Please, we aren't going anywhere." Pearl suddenly found her body trembling uncontrollably. She gasped in panic. "What the buck are you doing up there?!"

Assuming direct control. When you have the power over electricity, it's not to hard of a task in all honesty. Alright let's see here. Right hoof.

Pearls right hoof suddenly moved forward without her control.

Good. Now left hoof.

Pearls other hoof moved forward to be next to the right hoof.

Yeah, this is pretty easy. Kinda like breaking in a new suit.

"A way to kill is something I will eventually find!"

And with that, you lose talking privileges. Mouth sealed shut.

Pearl found it impossible to open her own mouth.

I can still speak with my mind.

Oh great! Now I'm stuck listening to you! Sigh. Whatever. I'm still going to go help my friend whether you like it or not.

Pearl/Theo started to slowly make their way to the door.

This may not be a race, but could you pick up the pace?!

Hey bite me! I'm still getting used to this!

1751414>>1751125>>1749784

"I-I don't know," Spiral admitted after looking outside, eyes widening as she took note of the smog colored water rising from the site, "But whatever it is, it can't be good..."

"Yeah," Bound agreed, though she looked a little more eager than her surrogate sister, "Something big happened over there..." Her eyes glinted as she got an idea, "I'm gonna go see what's going on!" Before she could get far, however, Spiral grabbed her by the tail.

"What?!"
"You heard me, I want to go check it out!"
"Why?!"
"Inspiriation of course! Whatever's going on probably won't happen again in my lifetime, and if I don't go then I'll never get another shot at it!" Sound logic, but-
"Shot at what, Sea? Getting yourself hurt?!"
"At getting my book off the seabed of course! This could be the trigger that finally puts an end to all the rubbish ideas I've been having," She gestures at the swarm of crumpled green papers floating around her room before tugging herself free, "And if she's smart, Driz'll come too!"

This left Spiral to look at Drizzle with wide eyes, "What is she talking about?"

Screwball's face lights up when Zeke says this, obviously happy that the pegasus had come for them. This smile got wider as several more muffled pops are heard on the other side of the glass, "Give 'em Tartarus Gin-"

Unfortunately the cheer dies in her mouth as she feels something touch her mind, causing her eyes to grow wider than Zeke's ever seen them. "N-no... get out of there..." Her fear changes to anger, "You get out of there you whorse!!"

Before Zeke can ask what's going on, the filly darts across the prison and impacts its glass wall, causing the entire place to wobble.

On the outside, the jar suddenly shifts a half-inch to the left, towards where Tempest is digging through Ginger's brain, the pinned pegasi's face locked in a grimace of pain. This fact doesn't go unnoticed by the Elite Elder, who opens her eyes to look back at the jar with intrigued eyes.

"So that's why you fight for her, ah? She's linked to you, so protecting her is protecting y-"

N-not even close!

"Oh?" She looks back at the pegasus, "Then what? Do you really want me to have to dig for the answer?"

Dig? You're already inside! There shouldn't be any digging involved!

"Maybe if Pearl were the one doing this," Her gaze becomes mildly annoyed, "But I never really was good at examining another's mind, had far too many other things to learn, you see."

Other things to le- He tenses, Gah! What the buck was... You can-? O-oh.. Oh Celestia... Th-that's bad.

The seapony's smirk grows, "Maybe for you and your friend, but for us and our Father?" She chuckles, "I wonder if He'll let me keep you two around? A Porter without a time limit is unheard of, and if that Theo character's anything like you in that regard... Well, we'll see..."

When Ginger doesn't reply right away she presses her hoof firmer against his forehead, "Now then, as you're being uncooperative-" She closes her eyes and his widen, body starting to twitch, - I'll just take what I want~

Behind the two, the jar lurches towards Tempest and her victim again, Screwball evidently not liking what she's doing in the slightest.

1752996>>1751125>>1749784

The four elites entered the chamber to see the elder digging through Ginger's mind.

"Holy Buck!" Terra whispered to Torch. "I didn't know she was an elite. Did you?"
"No. I had no idea. Why would she keep something like that from us?"
"Geez. I thought they had us doing the hard work because they were old. Now I know that it's because they're lazy."
"Terra! You will not speak of the elders in such a way!"
"Yeah? And what are you gonna do about it?"

Torch responded by giving her a rather sour frown.

The jar continued to inch closer to the edge.

Pearl was still slowly chugging along the hallway.

So how did it feel to kill your mother Theo?
Shut up Pearl.
Oh, I'm just making conversation you know. I just wanna know how it felt to commit matricide.
Shut Up Pearl!
Oh theo, these are feelings that you cannot hide. After all, your mother loved her little colt. Why did you strike her with that bolt?
Damn it Pearl! Can you give me five minutes of silence before you start trying to plague my mind with bad thoughts?!
Hey! This was my mind first you blue shaded shit! You just swooped in and took over it!
Yeah! And who's fault was that?! You were the one who invaded my mind first! I just tried to kick you out of it!
Hearing your voice makes me wanna shout! Maybe some liqueur will drown you out.
I'm nothing more than a series of electrical charges circulating through your brain and body! You're not going to be able to drink me away!
Well I don't seem to have much choice! There has to be someway to silence your voice!
Maybe if you stop complaining and just cooperate for a little bit, we could figure out a solution!
A blade through the brain will fill you with disdain.
Shut up Pearl.

They were about half way through the hallway.

1753956>>1752996>>1749784

Driz didn't even bother to reply to Spiral; her eyes were shining with excitement and wings flared as she watched the smog in the water slowly spiral up towards the surface. "You bet I'm going! You never know what you might find out there," she grinned at Bound, legs moving as fast as she can away from the window and through the hole that lead to the first door. "And if it means inspiration for your story...I know how far somepony would go to get that," she called over her shoulder, already heading out the door.

The seaponies caught up with her quickly, and together the four of them started towards the now ruined hall, unaware that what they would soon see would change everything...

1749784>>1755890>>1753956

"Great Father..." Spiral breathed, eyes as wider than saucers as they stood/floated in front of the elder's hall. A large crowd of seaponies, both halfling and otherwise, had gathered to try and get a good look at the smog spewing structure. Even from the outside the damage was apparent, the grand doors having been nearly blown off their hinges and the metal sheets that had somehow manifested on the windows were dented... And what they could see of the inside was completely devastated. Whatever happened, it was big, violent, and deadly.

"I-It looks like a bomb went off in there!" Bound observed, looking both terrified and excited at the same time. Anypony who happened to look at her would be able to see the gears turning behind her eyes, obviously piecing ideas together for her book.

"Something like that," Razor answered, swimming over to the group of mares with a... Grim look on his face. Seems he didn't like this a little more than the others. "Driz..." He paused trying to figure out how to approach the issue, "Just... Just follow me, alright? There's something you need to see." Without waiting for her reply, he swam off to the side of the building over to a window that had its covering half blown off.

"Actually," Blink spoke up, looking over at the other elders, "I think... I think its just her. Look at the way the rest of them are watching her." Indeed, though their faces were mostly blank, every time Ginger went through a particularly violent spasm one or two of them flinched.

Slip, meanwhile had noticed that the jar was now a half-foot off center, slowly getting further as Zeke was apparently having hard time restraining his filly. Not that Slip knew that. He just knew that the further the jar got from the center the slower the circle would charge. So he silently swam over to fix that.

Inside Ginger's mind, things were not faring well. Try as he might, there was nothing he could do to stop her from snooping around, and the more he tried the more it hurt. Unfortunately to not fight was not an option, meaning the stallion was stuck in perpetual Catch-22 of pain. Tempest found amusement in this.

Its cute, actually. You know you can't win, I can feel that you know it in here, but you keep on fighting regardless. You'd make a good soldier.

Ginger replied with a twitch of his ear.

Hit a nerve there? Ah, yep. There it is... Yeesh, your parents were hard on you, weren't they? Mom trying to force you into baking, Dad gone for training and meetings half the time and trying to teach you tactics and warfare when he was there...

This time Ginger's torso tensed.

Don't want me to remind you, eh? You may not be able to reply directly with how hard you're trying to push back, but I can still read your emotions; they're practically boiling across the link at this point... Now then, lets see just how that shaped you, eh?

Somehow, Ginger's eyes grow wider, entire body giving one good spasm before Song lengthens her tail so she can use it to hold him in place. One of the elders shudders and looks away from them when she does, not able to stomach watching anymore.

Didn't like that, did you? I did. She giggles on the outside, grinding her hoof harder into his forehead pointlessly; he can't feel it over the mental anguish. That's what its like when I really push. If you know what's good for you, you'll let me root around uncontested.

Several moments pass before the stallion's muscles lock up, tears forming in the corners of his eyes as she giggles again, her smirk growing into a smile.

Still not giving up, eh? Well then, at least you're keeping this interesting; So far only Pearl has been able to fight this long... Enough chit-chat, though, I'm curious what you're hiding in here.

Inside the jar, Screwball was getting increasingly violent. That bitch was violating her friend in ways most ponies don't even dare to think possible, and that made her justifiably pissed. So pissed that Zeke, despite his constant efforts to catch the zipping ball of filly, couldn't help but notice that her color was returning.

Meaning that in a few minutes, if nothing changed, she'd be able to get them out!

(Holy balls! I just ran this through a word counter: 778 words! That's nearly enough to qualify a story for posting on this site!)

1757113>>1755890>>1749784

Gem was still lying passed out in a nearby dumpster. The commotion going on close by goes unnoticed by the snoozing mare.

Hey Theo, what is a Thor? I heard you say that name before.
He's a unicorn from centuries ago who could wield lightning as others could weapons. I felt it fit to what I am.
Did you shout that when you killed Ms Lumbermane?
Celestia Damn It Pearl!
Why, it's amazing that you managed to stay sane.
I feel my sanity leaving me the longer I talk to you. And you already read my mind! You know I didn't say such a thing!
I'm just trying to find ways to cope with this ordeal. Perhaps I'll tell Gem later how you really feel.
You know Pearl. I have slain countless abominations in my life. And you probably deserve death more than any other. You heartless bitch.
Trying to guilt trip me? Why even bother? Oh, and did one of those abominations happen to be your mother?
You know Pearl, if my friends weren't in trouble, I would probably just off myself right now. Get rid of two abominations with one blow.
...You really hate yourself to that degree?
I see.

The two walked in silence for the rest of the journey. Upon arrival to the chamber, Terra was the first to notice them.

"Wow. That was fast. You usually take your time when torturing others."

Theo took command of Pearl's mouth and voice box. "I found him not to be worth my time. Killing him was most... Sublime?" Terra gave him an odd look.

Buck! How are you able to rhyme on the fly like that?
It's just how I am. You know that they won't fall for your sham. Your performance is off, and they will tell. Everypony here knows me too well.

Terra shrugged and turned back to watch the show.

And with that, my list got longer. My urge to kick her flank just got stronger.

Theo piloted Pearls body fully into the chamber to see the elder pinning his friend against the wall. "GINGER-" He called out, cutting himself off when he realized he said that out loud. Everypony else in the room simultaneously turned towards him. "-Snap... Looks like he's been through... Crap?" He finished with a goofy looking grin. All the others looked at him for a moment before they all concurrently gave him a shrug.

Can't you idiots see?! This is not the real me!

(You just wrote enough text to qualify for a story entry. What are you gonna do now?)

1757113>>1753956>>1749784

Drizzle Quill's voice rose to a high octave. "Oh, Celestia...is one of my friends in there?" she squeaked, hardly able to fathom such an idea. Slowly she began to swim-walk after Razor, towards the side of the wall. It didn't look too good - there was a lot of rubble and blown-up stuff floating around in the water. Pollution. Yuck.

She needed to look inside the building.

But...oh, she didn't want to. What would she see? The bodies of her friends, broken and bent, smashed and bruised? She didn't want to see that!

No. She had to face it.

Slowly, Driz looked up and peered into the building.

((This could be a story, I bet! Just rearrange some things and it would work! :pinkiegasp: Meanwhile I'm sitting here and nothing interesting is happening to Driz, so I have these tiny posts and you guys have giant posts...I feel kind of bad, honestly. Like I'm not doing what you guys are. :twilightsheepish: Hopefully I'll get a chance for a longer post soon!))

1757329>>1757313>>1749784

((It really could be its own story at this rate, just has to be spliced together and edited to be consistent in the viewpoint... 'specially since we're at what, 1295 total posts in this forum now..? Sweet Celestia now I wanna publish this... Regardless, worry not, Driz, there's a reason I'm trying to get her to join back up with the others, after all. :raritywink:))

As expected, the inside was devastated. Driz could recall ornate cushions and curtains and tapestries and the like adorning nearly every surface of the room when she was here before, but now..? Nothing was spared... Especially if the six bodies lying sprawled out on the floor were any sort of indication. Just as the pegasus hears Spiral gasp beside her in horror, she recognizes something in the destruction... Theo's hammer, laying beside the still form of a pegasus...

Oh Goddesses no...

Back in the hidden ritual chamber, Ginger was still trying in vain to stop Tempest Song's assault on his mind.

Quite the ride, eh? These past few days must have been incredibly trying for you: Nearly getting killed at least twice, three times if you count when the filly used you to save herself, confronting your fears, learning to control your abilities, saving our island and countless lives, then joining a secret organisation dedicated to wiping out your kind, our kind, so your life will be spared? Now you're fighting a hopeless battle to save that filly from her destiny? Father above, I almost pity you, child!

On the outside, her once hard gaze takes on an almost motherly look as she runs a hoof down the side of his face, a gesture that would probably been comforting were it not for the fact she were the cause of his pain.

However She continues, her eyes glinting with a hint of pride, All of that has made you strong, and there's so much more room for you to grow... No mark to constrain you She glances down at her own blank flank before continuing, Abilities gifted from Discord's blessings on the surface... Which reminds me; you still don't know what that other one does, do you..?

Slowly, the chaotic sea-mare releases her finned tail's hold on him as she moves her hoof from Ginger's forehead to the shell which allows him to survive down here, severing their connection in the process... But not before somehow managing to trigger whatever mechanism that causes him to generate those strange, rainbow colored mists. Mists which she breathes in heavily.

"Mmm... So that's what that does..." She smiles warmly at him as he starts to become aware of his surroundings once more, "Useful, child. Useful indeed. I'll be sure to tell the Father all about you later..." He blinks once in confusion before she moves to breathe one last thing into his ear, "Now sleep for Mommy."

With that, the mare rips the mask from his face and lets him go. Faced with no other options, his lungs fill with water... Though they don't reject it, Song was sure to fix that about him. Instead of drowning, he finds himself becoming more and drowsy with each breath, lulling him into unconsciousness soon after to drifts to the floor.

Behind her, the jar tips over in defiance.

Slip is quick to rectify this and place it back where it belongs, making Screwball's efforts within begin to weaken.

((And to answer your question, Dude: Imma right another 571 words, then I'm going to Escalator Land!))

1757776>>1757313>>1749784

((Oh, you should! But what would it be called, I wonder?))

Celestia, is that...oh, Goddesses, no. No no no no no no no no. I was right. I knew I had to check on them. I leave them alone for forty-five minutes and they...they go and get themselves blown up, or at least Theo did...oh, Celestia no no no no no

Without waiting for the others, Driz took off at the fastest swimming speed she could manage, wings and legs working together, panicking to get by the blue pegasus' side. Right now there was nothing else in the world except the building, the explosion, herself, and the still form of Theo Stormhammer.

Hardly daring to believe what she was seeing, Driz reached out a tentative hoof and gave him a small prod. "T-Theo?" she whispered. Against her will, hot tears bubbled up in her eyes, and she placed one sky blue hoof on his chest.

No heartbeat.

This wasn't possible. After all of the times they had avoided death, now it had finally happened. What was going on that he had been blown up? Why was he in this place in the first place?

And where were the others?

Would she find them dead too? Just the thought of little Screwball, who had already defied death, lying on top of Zeke, her arms still wrapped around his neck, and Ginger sprawled nearby, sent shivers down her spine and tears down her face. She would be the only one left. She would go back home to Cloudsdale and write about how all the main characters but one died, and the one left over wasn’t special in any way. She didn’t have any magical powers, or was foster father to a filly of Chaos. She was just Driz. Just regular old, panicky, shy, over-achieving writer Driz. None of her writers would have cared if she died.

Slowly she got to her hooves, face solemn, yet tears flowing.

She needed to find the others.

1757113>>1757984>>1757313

It became very clear after several minutes of chasing his little filly that Screwball was clearly out of his hooves.

Zeke sat on the bottom of the jar, looking up as she zipped overhead, slowly growing brighter and brighter, his anxiety growing by the second.

"Sc-Screwy! Honey! Be carefu-"

And then the jar tipped over.

Zeke cried out, rolling over his back, his hat flying off and into the jar, and hit one of the walls of the jar with a resound thud and a groan of pain. It wasn't going to break anything, but it was a pretty bad landing, all things considered.

"Rrrgh," he grumbled, rolling over onto his side. "Screwy!"

1758168>>1757984>>1757776

Oh Buck! Oh Buck!

Theo was inwardly panicking. What could he do? The jar was currently being protected by four elders and one elite, who Theo didn't know the power of yet. Ginger was passed out and possibly drowning. He can't use the power of the storm because there is no means to acquire electricity. Also doing so would probably kill Pearl in the process, and he kinda needed her body for the time being. And there's that one elder who's probably just as, if not more powerful than Pearl is.

Never before has Theo felt so powerless in a situation. He's always had at least a pseudo plan in mind. But not here. He had nothing to work with.

Except Pearl herself.

Pearl! Is there anything we can do to save both Ginger and Screwball!
How should I know? Didn't you say I was stupid Theo?
Damn It Pearl! We don't have time for this! Both of them are in trouble, and I doubt that I could even save one of them! Let alone both! So I'm begging you please! Help Me!

Pearl seemed to take a moment to take Theo's begging under consideration. Wondering how much fun all this will turn out to be.

Alright. But a few conditions you must meet. First, give me control and take a back seat. Next, to save your buds, I want a date with that handsome stud. Last, you will explain why you hate us so. I didn't steal everything from you Theo.

Theo realized that he did kick her out before she could finish. But why did she want to know?

Fine! Whatever! Just help them out!

Theo then released control and gave Pearl full mobility again. She took a couple stretches before responding.

Ah yes, it's good to once again take action. Now step one is to make a distraction.

She approached Terra from behind. "Torch didn't want you to know this. But he thinks you are a total ditz." Terra gritted her teeth at the comment. She already knew that Torch didn't consider her very intelligent. "Also, for a stallion who's power is quite fiery, he was pretty cool with reading your diary."

"What!" The room shook a little.

"Oh yes, he found it quite enjoyable. I would think something deplorable. He also told everything you wrote to your mother. All so that her favorite would be your brother." With the last words, Pearl turned invisible.

Terra immediately turned her attention to Torch. "YOU!!" She stomped a hoof down and a rock pillar shot out of the ground near Torch. "MISERABLE!!" Another pillar emerged. "ASSHOLE!!" She then had the two pillars floating in the air to strike her brother.

Torch responded by swimming for his life. The pillars landed near the spot he was a moment before. She didn't want to kill him, but she was sure as tartarus going to kick his flank.

Meanwhile, while everypony was distracted, Pearl made her way towards the jar.

The sounds of of Terra's tantrum could be heard very clearly from Driz's position.

1757984>>1758168>>1761275

Almost everypony. Slip had moved back beside Blink, the both of them watching Terra chase her brother with smirks on their muzzles, not really having liked Torch anyway. The elders (sans Tempest) were attempting to stop Terra from wrecking the various statues of the Father. Ginger was sleeping peacefully.

Miss Song, however, was watching the jar wobble as Screwball continued to try and break out, having ignored Zeke in favor of continuing her assault on the glass. An assault which was slowing as the spell seal on the ground continued to sap at her strength.

"Fighting until your last breath, are you?" She slowly swims closer to the glass, "A pity He cannot come back until you're drained, small one, your moxie would have been valued......"

1757984>>1761275

Slowly, Razor and his sisters made their way over, Bound not hesitating to try and hug Driz in a comforting way. She may not know what loosing a friend like that, but there was no way she was going to let her newfound writer buddy deal with this alone.

"I-I don't know what to say," The mare admitted quietly, "B-but... But know that I'm here for you, Driz..."

Spiral was about to add her own consoling words when various crashes and shouts from down the previously hidden corridor interrupt her. Razor is quick to place himself at the tunnel's entrancement.

"Did you guys hear that?"

• Viewing 1,251 - 1,300 of 1,351