Feeling Suicidal? Talk With Us. 473 members · 77 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

That's right! Don't be modest, you can admit it, if only to me. Repeat after me, "I am a beautiful person. I make the world a better place by being in it. The world would suffer a great loss if I wasn't in it." Go ahead, I'll wait. Done? I don't believe you, say it a few more times. Say it out loud. Shout it from the roof tops.

You are a special individual. At no point in the history of existence has there ever been a being exactly like you. You are more unique than a snowflake. Sure, we could break you down into your component atoms and build an exact copy, but it wouldn't be you. It might be your body but we could never copy your soul! You are so special and you don't even know it yet.

You are extremely talented. Not only that, your potential is limitless. Fossil fuels and nuclear energy have nothing on you. Your power is so much better. You have the power of choice. What will you choose to do? Choose to be? Every second in your future is a second where you could do anything. You want to paint a masterpiece? Do it! I bet it'll be the best thing since the Mona Lisa and you'll be famous. You want to be a scientist? I bet you'll be the one to discover a new source of energy. You want to be a doctor? I be you'll be the person who cures a disease. You'll save so many lives and everyone you help will love you. You want to do all of the above? Go for it, I'll be right here, cheering for you. I bet they'll name a new level of awesome after you.

You are beautiful on the inside. Let's face it. Nobody thinks they're beautiful on the outside all the time. Everyone has some insecurity. But real beauty is on the inside. Don't believe me? Don't trust me, listen to Kahlil Gibran, a famous 19th century poet.

Beauty is not in the face; beauty is the light in the heart."

Still not convinced? Ok, time to bring out the big guns.

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

Don't know who that is? That was Elisabeth Kübler-Ross. The woman who basically wrote the book on the five stages of grief. Yeah, how's that for ethos? And you know what? I can see your inner light from here. It's shining like a beacon. The way it pulses in time with your beautiful soul? Magnificent. Glorious. You should take the curtains off some time and let other people see it.

You are an inspiration. The universe at large is an uncaring place. Asteroids, stars, and planets don't care if you live. But you! You decided to tell them "I don't care what you think. I'm gonna live my life and there's nothing you can do to stop me!" And not only do you live that life, you live it with a vibrancy so great that it makes me giddy just thinking about it. And if you keep on living, I bet the stars themselves will have to bend their knees and acknowledge you as a superior. Someone worth shining extra bright for. I bet you thought no-one saw that kind thing you did the other day. I did! It was so great of you to do so and it inspired me to do something kind for someone else. And just like that, you've started a chain of kind acts. You little trendsetter you.

You are a great speaker. No, I'm serious. Don't roll your eyes like that. I'm sure there are lots of people who want to hear your thoughts. You should write a book with insights like that. I remember that one time you said that thing, and everyone just stopped and looked thoughtful for a while. You really contributed to that conversation. And you're smart too. I wish I could be even a tenth as clever and insightful as you are.

And you know what the best part about all of this is? I know how awesome you are just from way over here where I am. Imagine if I met you in person? The world might explode from coolness.

Maybe this won't reach a large group of people. Maybe only one person will ever read this. But to that one person, you are an amazing person, and you have so much to look forward to. I hope to get to meet you some day.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1