The Strangeverse 117 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Silent Bob
Group Admin

Here you can post new additions to the Strangeverse universe. You cannot change established canon, but you can add to it. For instance, you can't say that Octavia lives in Manehattan when it's already been established she lives in Ponyville, but you can say that she lived there when she was younger, as long as this doesn't contradict anything.

This thread will cover nouns. Person, places, and things. Organize your additions how you see fit and I'll add to this. Rightio ;). Naturally, this thread will be updated frequently.

The Universe - My Little Pony, in my mind, is hard fantasy. However, it is a bit different than normal. The planet the show takes place is shown to be a sphere, not a flat plain, and the 'solar system' that the world occupies is filled seems to be filled with other bodies (given a line about comets)

However, given that ponies have the need to raise the sun and the moon, I'm going to go ahead and assume that space works different in this universe. Perhaps 'space' isn't actually a void, but isn't space at all. That means there's something in it that's causing friction, or preventing planets and moons from rotating and slowing down orbits to a standstill. Is it dark energy?

Evil entities trying to end life as we know it? Who knows. I'm going to assume there's no other solar systems in the universe, and that the stars shown are something Luna deals with. And if there are, they likely don't contain any planets. I guess you can say that the universe is an unknown god's sandbox, and she has only messed around with one system.

Note: This does not discount the possibility that there could be life on other planets in the solar system.

Good god I've put too much thought into this lol. Obviously, it's a kid show and the universe is whatever the fuck the writers think sounds cool at the time of writing an episode. Anyway, onward to the good stuff!

Ponyville Residents

The Doctor - An ancient entity from the island of Gallopfrey. His people, the Time Lords were created perhaps by time itself in order to stabilize it. I.E. correct deformities that might appear. To do this, they were given the knowledge to build working time machines such as the TARDIS, which tap into the arcane magic of the universe as a power source.

The Doctor greatly admires Equestria and the simple place in time it occupies, and will do anything to protect it. Currently, his assistant is Derpy, though more could be added in the future. Most ponies seem to be aware of his true nature, though to his relief, they don't really shower him in fame.

His personality is pretty much the same as in Doctor Who.

Derpy Hooves - The Doctor's loyal assistant. You all know your Derpy. Googly eyes, with a bubbly, though sometimes snarky personality. She has a great deal of common sense, though her clumsy nature may make this appear otherwise...

Captain Black Harness - (Basically an Expy of Captain Jack Harkness. Has a much different backstory, though.) An immortal, former enemy of the Doctor's. He was made a 'fixed point in time' before even Celestia and Luna came about. Therefore, he can't die: or at least he can't stay dead. After seeing the light, Black's quest is now to have as much sex as possible, as well as defend Equestria from some of the more underground threats it could encounter.

Flirtatious, whimsical, laid back, and not too bad with a crossbow, Captain Harness is one of the Doctor's greatest allies.

The Doctor's Former Companions and Riversong - Pretty much ponies the Doctor has had as companions over the years. Some are expies of those from Doctor Who.

Princess Twilight Sparkle - Princess in training, pretty much. Resides in Ponyville.

Necrospear - A bat-pony who's part of the Night Guard detachment in Ponyville. Pretty much the police during the night.

Granny Smith - One of the town's oldest residents. Was there when it was first formed. Had an encounter with the Slendermane early in its history. Her sister, Honeycrisp, disappeared in the woods around this time.

Fluttershy (Read Below) - A manifestation of the Everfree Forest's kindness. One of the more abnormal entities. She was found as a foal on the forest's edge and adopted by a pair of kind pegasi. However, she always felt a longing to return to the ground below. It wasn't until years later that she truly found out who she is: the reason or her ease at communication with animals and even some vegetation. Also the reason she can perform 'the stare.'

Everfree Forest Residents

The Everfree Forest Itself - Whenever the forest itself gained sapience is unknown, for it seems unwilling, or unable to speak to anyone. It won't even speak to the manifestations of its emotions. What it truly is is unknown. Perhaps a massive spirit linked to every individual tree? Who knows.

The Slendermane/Fear - A manifestation of the Everfree Forest's emotion of fear. His role is to keep from dwelling too deep into the woods.

Wrath - A manifestation of the the Everfree Forest's anger. A massive, shadow-like timberwolf. Kind of a douche/prick, but not necessarily evil.

Zecora/Pride - A manifestation of the forest's pride. Same Zecora as in the show, pretty much.

Sorrow - A manifestation of the forest's sadness in the form of a beautiful, though depressive blueish changeling. The changeling queen of changeling queens. Queen Chrysalis and any other changeling queens were spawned by her to keep her company, though like her, they inherited the curse to need love. Most have since gone elsewhere, abandoning their mother.

TGM

So these are to be constants in fics if we want them to be canon?

fair enough.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2