The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 561 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34

Okay, so assuming neither Thor or Superman is holding anything back, assuming this is Thor at his classic levels and Old 52 Superman, they are in a solar system with a yellow sun with NO intelligent life to be harmed by their battle, who wins?

Here is some deciding music to help

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1781443 the entire universe is destroyed.:trollestia:

1781443 Who's faster? Superman can go just below light speed and he's maybe the fifth fastest in the DCU.

I can't really make an intelligent choice without knowing how fast Thor is. :applejackunsure:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1781471 well...Superman is weakened by magic and Thor has quite a bit of magic...

so I guess Thor...

1781460 Here's a list of all Thor speed feats I found on another site.

In Avengers-#281, Thor was the only one who could see Hermes running by and attacked. He moved so fast that the other Avengers thought Thor was just going mad and attacking nothing. While he has a good deal of speed-feats, they're not as plentiful as say those of Superman or Silver Surfer. He still has quite a few though. One of them being that he created a trench around The Avengers by running faster than they could see, even Qucksilver who's powers allow him to react to things at high speeds.

Thor could throw the hammer at the speed of light. See Thor#140, Thor#274; and, or can swing the hammer at TWICE the speed of light- Journey Into Mystery#102.

In Thor -#393- it’s established that the speed of Thor’s hammer TRANSCENDS both TIME & SPACE.

Thor could appear anywhere across the Universe or other dimensions in just seconds (see- FF#339, and Thor#166).

In addition, Thor could, visually, detect objects that move at fantastic speeds (this happen when Thor was the target of artillery fire- see Invaders#33).

In the early issues of Journey Into Mystery, there were instances that Thor used Super-Human speed, physically speaking-that is. However, it’s impossible to measure his speed based on those depictions. However, in Marvel Team-up#26, it gives a slight more accurate description on Thor’s Super-Human speed, and you could make a similar case in Invaders-#33, where Thor (with his hammer) deflected artillery bullets fired at him by moving his ENTIRE LEFT ARM at super-Human speed. Specifically, in Marvel Team Up-#26, the writer makes it fundamentally clear that Thor can move almost faster than mere MORTAL eyes can follow, and in Thor-#354, Thor was toying with Hela using speed that according to her was beyond comprehension. Thor stated that he was swift as the very lightning itself.

Finally, the High Evolutionary using Thor’s DNA, did create a real Super-Speedster in Zefra. Question is, does Thor possess similar potential to that of Zefra due to his own unique DNA? After all, Thor’s DNA is quite different than that of mortals- Avengers-#14 (vol.1)- that’s for the writers to decide in some future date, I guess.

1781503>>1781490>>1781460

Thor would win simply because of magic. Superman has no defense against that. He can dodge it for awhile but eventually he'd have to attack Thor and that's where Thor would end the fight.

1781912 It would still be a fight that he'd be feeling in the morning or like... five of them :ajsmug:

1781933 Yeah it'd be a tough fight, but Thor would still win, New or Old school. Why is this the big fight? Honestly I'd want to see how many Universes could be destroyed if The Specter faced off agains The Living Tribunal.

1781957 It would take forever to clean up that mess :applejackconfused:

1781961 I'm pretty sure they would wipe out everything except God itself and maybe Adam Warlock could live if he jumped outside of the Time Space continum

1781971 Maybe Lobo and the Phantom Stranger... maybe :moustache:

1781983 Yeah Grand total there'd be like maybe four people who could live through this fight, One of thos being God.

Superman would win if he could separate Thor from Mjlnor, but with it I think Thor has the advantage.

Thor would kick Clark's ass any day.

1783332 You do realize Thor can recall Mjolnir to him right? If Superman did that it would leave him open to a surprise attack from the hammer flying back to Thor.

1783764>>1783773 What about Black Adam vs. Thor? :trixieshiftright:

1783784 Black Adam just has the powers of the gods. Thor IS a god, so he could easily circumvent Adam's powers with some magic lightning of his own. :trixieshiftright:

1783844 Yeah, but he pulls his each power from each of the best at that one power, like Shazam, so in a slug fest, against the evil version of magic Superman, I think Adam would take him.

1784643 Thor was able to hurt Galactus. GALACTUS!!!! The most powerful being in the Marvel Universe under the Living Tribunal and One-Above-All!!

No one since has been able to do that to Galactus. That's a MAJOR feat right there. As much as I love Supes, I doubt he could pull that off.

1784813 Galactus? That's too cute! :rainbowkiss:

Supergirl, who is maybe weaker than Superman, kicked his ass in his first form. His ass. The 'His' being an entity than that's been destroying entire universes for billions of years, compared to Galactus only eating one planet at a time.

1784836 Uh-huh. Allow me to present Glory

Glory was an alien deity of immense power, that was actually the physical embodiment of an entire pantheon of dark gods and contained within it over ten thousand entities and the worlds they were worshiped on. Glory fought against Thor and was destroyed. A being made of THOUSANDS OF ENTIRE PANTHEON OF GODS AND THE WORLDS THEY WERE WORSHIPED ON!!!!!!! I'm sorry, but I'm inclined to rank this dude higher than Anti-Monitor.

1784867 Well, as long as we're turning this into a super villain pissing contest...

Any hero that has ever died is his b:yay:tch

Including Kal-L, THOR, Captain America

Suck it :yay::yay::yay::yay:

1784907 I see your Nekron and raise you a Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet

You see that? That was Thanos killing HALF THE UNIVERSE!!!!! Also with that power he was above Death. As in the living personification of death in the Marvel universe. As in a HIGH LEVEL ABSTRACT BEING!!!

1784985 PFFT! :rainbowlaugh:

Thanos is naught but a knock-off of the God of Evil!

HIS VERY REBIRTH CAUSED THE MULTIVERSE TO BE TORN ASUNDER!

Because in the End... Darksied simply... IS

1785022 The Dark Phoenix

She can bring anything into existence, freely manipulate all existing things, and return them to nothingness when their purpose is extinguished.

1785095 The Entity

Source of all life, everywhere. You kill him, then you kill everything

1785126 That's not a villain so it doesn't count.

The Phoenix Force has the ability to manipulate cosmic energies and to tap into the life-force reserved for future generations, thus denying them existence. It can wield this energy to project beams of immense destructive force. It can transmigrate throughout time and space by folding its energy back into itself, causing it to collapse akin to a black hole and then reform itself upon reaching its destination. It can directly absorb energy such as Cyclops' optic blasts or even the entire energy of a sun. It is also capable of absorbing the energy and life-force from a foe. As it is the nexus of all psionic energy, it has mental abilities of cosmic scope, including telepathy and telekinesis.
The extent of the Phoenix Force's god-like abilities has not been fully clarified. Jean Grey as The White Phoenix of the Crown was able to change the future of a universe by reaching back in time and pushing her husband Cyclops to move on with his life

1785208 Here, have an awesome song and video! :pinkiehappy:

1785216 Permit to provide an even more epic one :trollestia:

1785266 I'm stll waiting for the more epic one. Is this the appetizer? Because my ears... they hunger! :flutterrage:

Question: Why Hayseed as your avatar? Why not a pony Nightwing or something? :duck:

1785309 Because next to Luna, Hayseed Turnip-Truck is best pony. :pinkiecrazy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34