The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 559 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I think Marvel REALLY messed up on The Sentry. Love him or hate him, personally I'm neutral when it comes to him, Marvel made him to be their Superman. I have the entire Marvel Knights series where he first appeared and I love that series. I also love the Age of The Sentry series that showed all the Silver Age adventures he had............. that never really happened.

But really is the Marvel Knights mini-series is the definitive Sentry story and it really does make Robert Reynolds Marvel's Superman in a certain sense, willing to sacrifice himself once again and have close friends and the world he ever existed to keep a massive threat at bay. These two series were the ONLY times I have enjoyed The Sentry

Then Marvel tried to bring him back. Now I didn't like this one bit as it defaced what I thought was a very well told story and ruined a what I thought to be a very noble character. Marvel made Sentry an emotionally unstable, extremely powerful character, and then had no idea what to do with him.

Now, how could The Sentry have been saved? For one, I say have Robert Reynolds overcome the Void, but it ends up taking a living form. This causes their power to split and thus bringing them down to manageable, yet still powerful levels. Still powerhouses, but not to the planet threatening levels we've seen before.

This would make him one of Earth's strongest heroes and given a new powerful villain. Could this have saved The Sentry?

Or better yet make him a parody of the Silver Age. How great would it have been to just have The Sentry be a hero from an alternate universe that's from the 60's and is very much a parody of the craziness that was the Silver Age?

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1773832 I think that they should have split him and the Void apart, and therefore, can keep him around and keep the Void around, but at much less OP levels.

1774674 I would have liked that too. I mean as far as Superman homages go? He was a great one........................ To begin with. One COULD even argue he's a fusion of Superman, Bizarro, and The Hulk. Superman in his Sentry form, Bizarro as The Void since in Dark Avengers he said everything he does the Void balances it like he saves a plane and The Void sinks a boat and thus the opposite of what Sentry does, and Hulk of course with the duel natures.

I mean as much as I'm liking Hyperion in Avengers, even I admit he's pretty much just a palate swap of Superman. Really I'm liking him a LOT more since he's acting more like Superman than the real Superman is these days. :ajbemused:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1774711 Yeah.

I figure if he were to appear in the Harmony's Warriors Universe, I'd go with the idea of separating him from the Void.

And I must ask this, but have you read any of my stories yet? I can't remember....since you seem to be a hard core Marvel nerd and I'd just like to see what you think of my series...

1774729 Huh, this is funny. I actually just stumbled across you're Star Trek crossover. I was looking for something to feed my inner Trekkie after getting into a pretty long flame war with some moronic fanboy over how Star Trek Into Darkness was NOT the worst Star Trek film ever made.

But yeah I'll check them out when I get done with your Star Trek story

Also, if you like Marvel crossovers I got a few over on fanfiction.com you may like

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247364/1/A-City-of-Marvels

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9681139/1/Legend-of-Korra-Web-of-The-Spider

And here's a DC one I did

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9384761/1/A-Last-Son

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1774795 Oh you didn't like Star Trek Into Darkness? I really liked it...:twilightblush:

1774820 Oh no I liked it, it was the OTHER guy who insisted it was the worse than Insurrection. Yes. He literally said Into Darkness was WORSE than Insurrection :ajbemused: Personally I thought the whole movie was okay. I didn't hate it or anything, just that something was keeping me from really loving it. Maybe it was the fact Khan wasn't played by a Latino I dunno. Kinda hard to replace Ricardo Montalban ya know? He MADE Khan!

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1774847 Well, in my mind, I always thought Benedict Cumberbatch did a bang up job. Khan is from India anyways...maybe he had British parents who knows...

And seriously Trekkies can be a pain sometimes...

1774940 Meh, whatever :applejackunsure:

That they can. Almost makes me embarrassed to be apart of the fandom. At least in the Brony community you can have a different opinion about the franchise without it turning into an 18 page long flame war!! :twilightangry2:

Also the Doctor Who fandom isn't that bad either.:ajsmug:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1775004 Never liked Doctor Who actually *jumps into bunker for protection*

1775118 WHAT?!?!?! :twilightoops:

Nah, I'm just messing with you. Though, as a major Whovian I feel it is my duty to present this brilliant video of The Doctor being awesome.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11