The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 561 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1772398 And once more Marvel proves that, even with their flaws, they're still doing a better job then DC is....

1772403 Yep. Actually the biggest problem I have with Marvel? Superior Spider-Man. :ajbemused: Though even that's got a good side. You know what that is? SPIDER-MAN 2099 BABY!!!! :pinkiehappy:

1772405 Unless they do a hope destroying reboot it will. :trixieshiftleft:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1772405>>1772424 Lunar's right Knight....DC is terrible now....

And in the case of Superior Spider-Man I have no friggin' clue why they thought that would be a good idea....

1772428 Too true on both counts. However given the fact that Superior Spider-Man is really the ONE thing I can say I hate about Marvel right now? :rainbowhuh: Yeah I can safely say they're doing a LOT better than DC. :ajsmug:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1772436 Which has The Culling, the whole thing they did with Superman and Wonder Woman, the fact that they say they don't write comics for anyone younger then 45...etc...etc...etc....

Really depressing when you think about it....

1772436 I'd say the Punisher is my least favorite thing about Marvel, but their biggest weakness in the comics is Iron Man. I'll give him props for trying to go toe to toe with guys like Spidey, Thor, Black Panther, Doom, Hulk and a few others, but seriously, how many times does the guy gotta get his ass kicked before he realizes he isn't the most powerful thing in existence. I mean Ultron gave him a sex change once and he couldn't do anything about it. Ares saved him that time.

And I have no comment on superior Spider Man.

1772447 I think The Culling was the worst thing DC has done to the Teen Titans in their entire history. :ajbemused:

I'm indifferent to the SupesxWondy thing, even if I think BatsxWondie is a better pairing. I mean we've seen SupesxWondie in numerous Elseworlds so it's not a big deal to me. :applejackunsure: At the very least it doesn't enrage me. :twilightangry2:

Also the fact that even with the Captain Marvel name change to Shazam being official they still can't stop treating the character of Billy Batson like crap. :ajbemused: Seeing as how Shazam and Superman are tied for my favorite DC character, I take offense to this. Although I do admit out of any redesign, Billy had the best one. :eeyup:

Also let's forget Not-Lobo

Also the fact that even with the Captain Marvel name change to Shazam being official they still can't stop treating the character of Billy Batson like crap. :ajbemused:

Actually, by the end of his first character arc, he resembles classic Billy a lot more. :moustache:

1773247 Oh you mean the way he SHOULD have been from the start? :ajbemused:

Also while villain month sounds cool in theory, we've seen it done a hundred times over before. It's the same thing every time with the Crime Syndicate. They come to the DC Earth, they wanna take over, they get stopped. Every......... Single........... Time. The difference this time? It's VILLAINS fighting them Freddy VS Jason style. You know the whole "Evil will fight Evil"

You see? They aren't doing anything DIFFERENT with the Crime Syndicate, they're just changing dance partners for them. I'll let a certified expert tell you my thoughts on Forever Evil. Take it away Mermaid Man

1773505 As the good book says, 'There is nothing new under the sun'.

Every single idea ever is recycled with different parts and players. Why would this be different? :trixieshiftright:

1773736 Look I LIKE the Crime Syndicate well enough, they aren't on my favorite team's list or anything, but they're kinda cool. It's just that every single story with them is the same!! The ONLY time I've seen it done differently is the movie Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths where the Justice League went to the Syndicate's universe to clean things up instead of the standard reverse procedure.

The only thing at all different is the fact it's villains VS the Syndicate............ which is really just them VS their usual enemies only with the most likely probability of them getting killed by them. :applejackunsure:

1773786 yeah, but we haven't seen the Syndicate in what? 10 years not counting that movie?

It'll be fun, trust me. I've never been wrong before, right? :ajsmug:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14