The Mailbox (and related stories) 207 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
bookplayer
Group Admin

So, we have a side story! And, um, it's clop. O wrote a little dream sequence for Applejack, taking place on July 12th.

Crashing: A confusing dream does absolutely nothing to help Applejack sort out her recent emotional issues with Twilight and Dash. AppleDash. Warning for seemingly pressured consent, humiliation, and light domination in the context of a dream.

Obviously, this is NSFW and rated mature because it involves ponies having sex. If that's not your thing, skip it. I'll make sure all relevant info is kept clean if it comes up in a letter.

bats
Group Admin

Twilight Side Story: Crossing Lines. Warning: NSFW.

bats
Group Admin

Rainbow Dash/Twilight Sparkle/Applejack side story: Guilt and Loving in Las Pegasus (Part 1)

bats
Group Admin

Rainbow Dash/Twilight Sparkle/Applejack side story: Guilt and Loving in Las Pegasus (Part 2)

bookplayer
Group Admin

Side letter: From Applejack to Shining Armor

August 18th

Dear Shining Armor,

Howdy. I know we never got to talk much when we met, what with the places we were at being attacked by forces of evil and all. But Twilight said she told you I’m courting her, along with Rainbow Dash, and I suppose you got a right to be concerned. Something like this could smell mighty fishy, and you wouldn’t be a good stallion if you didn’t worry about a pony like Twilight being mixed up in it.

Believe me, I know just how special your sister is. I would cut off my own hoof before I’d hurt her. I’ve loved her as a friend for years now, and if she’s willing to let me love her more than that, it makes me luckier than anypony in Equestria. I will treat her right, I swear it on my family name.

I dunno how much she’s told you about me, but I’m a farmer by trade, with a family farm of a good size. I know she’s a princess and all, and she’s never going to have to worry about stuff like this, but it’s good, honest work. I ain’t the smartest or fanciest pony, but I take care of ponies I love. And, in case you’re worried that I’m backwards (I wouldn’t blame you for thinking it. I know I can come off that way.) I can tell you that my aunt and uncle are Oranges, of the Manehattan Oranges, so I’m from a decent family and I can act right if need be.

As to the other pony in this, Rainbow Dash, well she can be a bit wild, truth be told. But she’s got a good heart, and I’m sure I can get her to act right when it’s important. I know she loves your sister too, and she’d never do anything to hurt her neither.

This ain’t the most normal way of dating, I know that. You have every right to think it’s strange. I find it a bit strange myself. Of course, when I wrote my own brother he didn’t seem to care, but he knows I can take care of myself. And I can take care of your sister too, which is the point of all this. I can and I will take care of her, I promise.

Yours truly,
Applejack, of Sweet Apple Acres
(but manager of Sunny Grove Farm for right now.)

bats
Group Admin

Rainbow Dash/Twilight Sparkle Side Story: What Happens in Las Pegasus (Part 1)

bats
Group Admin

Rainbow Dash/Twilight Sparkle Side Story: What Happens in Las Pegasus (Part 2)

bats
Group Admin

Side Letter: Shining Armor to Applejack

August 24th

To Ms. Applejack of Sweet Apple Acres,

I was planning on talking to you face to face instead of writing back to you, because I’ve known before TwilyTwilight that we would be stopping in Palomino Beach shortly, and I’m the type of guy who doesn’t do to well with letters. That probably doesn’t surprise you, I imagine; you’ve more than likely seen first hoof how spotty letters have been between Twilight and I. Forty hours of censoring mail in Basic left its mark on me, I guess.

I want you to know I never held any ill will towards you, or Ms. Rainbow Dash. In my head I knew you both were her friends and have stuck by her through some things that are rather crazy for anypony to involve themselves in. You have my respect for that, as my sister’s brother and as captain of the royal guard.

I am worried about her, but I’ve been learning a lot about Twilight on this trip and I’m trying to let go of some things from my foalhood with her. It’s no surprise, I’m sure, that Twilight and I have been as close as a brother and sister can get, and when I look at her I still see that little filly with her snout buried in a book. Twilight tells me that you have a little sister who’s right at the age where she should be finding her cutie mark any day now, so I’m sure you understand: someday she’s not going to be a little filly anymore, even if that’s all you see when you look at her.

As I said, I was going to wait to see you face to face; from everything I’ve heard and from the impression I’ve gotten the few times we met before, you strike me as the type of mare that can say everything that needs to be said in a firm hoofshake, but I had reason to write ahead, so I’m doing so despite how awkward this probably reads.

See, Twilight went off to do whatever it is she does in the quieter parts of the airship after dinner, and we’d had some rather unpleasant words the other day and I wanted to try and smooth things over before going to sleep.

When I found her, she was crying. I was worried something had happened; she’s been a little distant since Las Pegasus from everypony else, too, and that protective part of me thought something happened between her and Rainbow Dash.

But she was just…happy. I’ve never seen her so happy before. It was like she was a filly again finding out Princess Celestia was going to personally tutor her, but different, too. Not just because she was crying, but because she was so…grown up. I’ve never seen her like that before, and she didn’t tell me why, but I know it has something to do with you and Rainbow Dash. She ran off saying she needed to write some letters, so I thought I’d sneak this one in before she finished.

I still want to get that proper hoofshake from you, but anypony who can make my sister that happy is worth trusting.

Do right by Twilight. She thinks the world of you, I can tell.

Shining Armor
Captain, REG

bats
Group Admin

Applejack/Twilight Sparkle Side Story: Love's a Beach

bats
Group Admin

Rainbow Dash receives a postcard in the mail. The image on the front shows a single palm tree on a beach, with a row of surf boards stuck into the sand in front of rolling waves. The bottom right corner says 'Palomino Beach,' and written across the top are the words 'Wish You Were Here.'

On the back, in neat hoofwriting, it says:

We mean that with all of our hearts.

With love,

Twilight Sparkle and Applejack

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16