Sunset Shimmer 4,917 members · 6,721 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

So in response to Nick's Tweet regarding the EQG finale, an artist by the name of EmeraldBlast63 has created a small image series that centers around human Sunset Shimmer.

"Feels good to finally be back in this world again. I just can't put my finger on what exactly is causing this embalance that's constantly displacing me?"

Making The Right Choice:

After meeting human world Sunset, our pony Sunset would realize that all this time, she's made life difficult for her human counterpart, practically taking everything from her, including her identity, life, and even her existence. In order to fix this embalance, Sunset would ultimately come to a scene like this, where she may contemplate making the ultimate sacrifice.

It was her own selfish quests for power that led her to the human world in the first place, meaning it wouldn't be fair for her to force her human counterpart to forever live in Equestria to resolve the embalance. No, by now, the human world's taught and given her everything she needs to know about friendship. It's time.

Final Farewell:

After learning the trouble she's put her human counterpart through by being in the same world as her and upsetting the balance, Sunset makes the noble and ultimate sacrifice, believing everything she's learned from friendship and the rest of the Humane 7. Writing to Princess Twilight, they agree to let her return to Equestria and permanently closing the portal. With the last day spent with her friends, we are brought this last scene here before she's gone for good. Being the former leader of the Humane 7, Sunset now makes Twilight the official leader of the gang, passing on her personal journal and leather jacket. Although returning to Equestria for good will no longer grant her the ability to write to each other anymore due to the magic dissipating, she can still read through it to recollect the adventures they've had together. Regardless, cherished items of Sunset to help her remember her, even though Twilight assures her there's no way she'd forget, even when she grows old.

Sunset, knowing the stakes of what she's about to do, finally takes one last look at CHS and Twilight before finally going through the portal. Keeping a head high, with the hope that one day, she could possibly return without dealing with this embalance that she can't sleep at night with anymore. The sun has now set at CHS, setting the mood and symbolizing her departure.

Where I Truly Belong:

Although now forever missing every friend she's made in the human world, her only hope now is that they may adpot her philosophies and sense of empathy. Being back home, Twilight welcomes her and is incredibly proud of the lengths she just went through. Going from a selfish and manipulative bully to an entirely selfless pony and sacrificing everything she once had, she see's her as one who has grown just as much as she has as a princess. So has another princess.

Both of them are then approached by Celestia, who is also proud of what Sunset was willing to do, and all the wonderful things she has done for friendship over the years, vouched by Twilight. Although now offered re-entry back into her school of magic, Sunset turns it down, saying that what's done in the past is in the past, and that she'd rather live out the rest of her days in Equestria being herself. As long as she could make new friends here and knows her human counterpart will be safe in the other world, and may even become part of her old gang, she would always be happy deep down.

Vision Meeting:

As Sunset had returned, she didn't exactly have a home anymore to sleep and live life, so Twilight allowed her a room in her Crystal Castle. As she had prepared to go to sleep later that night, she did initially see nothing but the darkness of her room. But somehow, she perceived a distant light shimmering out of the corner of her eye, and then heard a voice calmy speak to her. It sounded just like her, but she knew exactly who it was.

"Human me? I-I'm so sorry once again for everything I put you through by being in this other world, so very-"

"Pony me, listen. I understand. Life became very difficult for me while you were here, but now that you've returned to your native world, things have slowly returned back to normal. I'm still able to barely communicate with you by looking up at the moon and using what little magic is left in this world, before it has faded entirely. Regardless, I just wanted to tell you one last time that your sacrifice for me was beautiful."

Pony Sunset had to interject. "I couldn't bring myself to stay there and sleep at night, knowing what it effect it has on you. Even for my friends I've made there. All that matters to me now is that they pass on what I've taught them myself, and I'll also make new friends. Plus, they'll no longer have to deal with Equestrian magic anymore now that the portals are sealed off for good."

Human Sunset smiled. "It's so sweet of you to think of things that way. But I wanted to let you know in my last breath before the magic here is forever gone, your beautiful act of empathy and kindness has inspired me to make friends myself. Before getting to meet you, or anyone else for that matter, I was a lone, bitter, and unsocial person. But now, you've helped me see things differently. I've never had anyone in my life do something as amazing as this for me, and you've even inspired me of all people to be pushed in making that change as well. Your old friends, the Rainbooms have agreed to adopt me as one of their new and old members. It's just a matter of time before I also start making friends in life as well. I would really like to thank you from the bottom of my heart."

Pony Sunset looked at her human counterpart straight in the eye, knowing how she still ruined her life by being there. "But... why me? I caused the problem in the first place by going to the human world because I wanted to go against Princess Celestia's teachings."

Human Sunset then put her hand on Pony Sunset's cheek. "Because you still willingly came through for me in the end. Because you ended the tragedy my life was before you had left. You could've stayed here and kept your friends while making me stay in that Equestria pony world for the rest of my life, but you didn't. That's a sacrifice not only a true friend would do, but an act that would also make me forgive them for anything they've done in the past."

Pony Sunset smiled one last time. "Thank you, my human counterpart."

Just as she said that, the distant light became overly bright. Within the flash of a second, everything had dissipated, including the remaining magic in the Human World. Now, Sunset is able to sleep and have closure, not wondering for the rest of her life, what happened.

Epilogue: Making You Proud:

After the credits roll, adding a nod to there being an additional scene at the very end, similar to some of the older EQG movies, it was revealed that before that time, Twilight, who is now the new leader of the Rainbooms went aboard the roof of CHS shortly after Sunset's departure. Instead of doing a song like Sunset once did there, however, she merely has a few words to say.

"Canterlot City... magic in this world or not, an old friend has taught me the most valuable magic of all, which we should never take for granted. Three words only.

Friendship...... Is........ Magic......"

The End

I'm still sad that there's not gonna be a third season

:applecry:
That was beautiful

This would have been a very good ending. Only issue I see was the story never says how and where Human Sunset was all this time. Did she finally make her way to Canterlot to see Twilight and ask for help? Why wasnt SciTwi switched to the pony world when Twilight went through the mirror? And would this have been truly the end? The mirror still opens every so many moons.

One question that comes to my mind is what happens to the Dazzlings? Do they remain in the human world or are they brought back to Equestria?

This would have been really good and definitely would have made a lot of sense except the portal open naturally. Sunset didn't force it open it was open at the time because if she had forced it Celestia could have just done the same and gone after her. Althoughthis would have at least made sense because technically Sunset could not have lived and the human world because she had no papers no nothing to actually make her way in the human world.I do like the idea of the story though I disagree with the idea of her not going back and learning with Celestia her mother though that last part is my head Canon but makes a lot of sense.

7463083 If this or something like this had been canon I would've been sad, but it would've at least been a satisfying conclusion to the spin-off series.

Fuck. If I hadn't written SMOTE, and wasn't putting 99% of my fanfic time into that, I would have written a nice piece about the Human Sunset being put in the same pocket dimension as the Crystal Empire and have her save it. Ah well, maybe someone will see this comment and take the idea.

a little sappy but a good way to end it

I did a fanfic back in 2017 similar to this (And one of my first) where Sunset is dealing with a mid life crisis learning that her counterpart is attending Canterlot High. My version of the Human Sunset isn't like the one EmeraldBlast63 come up with considering this was before the digital series but all I can say, Human Sunset was a lot more serious then Pony Sunset. Granted that fanfic was nearly 4 years old but this is the same person who wanted to see two Twilights hanging out instead of three to four minutes from Spring Breakdown.

That was oddly similar to my own version.

The way my version is after sunset makes the ultimate sacrifice play. Twilight notices that her fellow alicorn is down in the dumps and not even a cheese sandwich and pinkie pie grand party can cheer her up. Twilight secretly talks to sunset human counterpart who isn’t having fun because the others are depressed and pinkie isn’t doing parties.

So they secretly work together to find a way to stabilize the magic. Human Sunset get human zecora while princess twilight gets discord.

And human Sunset convinces them to do one last song. As two gems appear

As the gems fill a portal will open

This is so sad! But wasn’t the question of how magic keeps coming through revealed at the end of Legend Of Everfree? There’s a crack on the top of the portal from were the statue used to be, allowing magic to leak out, and if you think about it, Starswirl is the one that brought magic to that world, not Sunset. He was the one how created the portal and sent a bunch of magic singing sirens through it, right? And Clover the Clever was the one to send the memory stone through worlds.

You're right, there was a crack on the statue at Canterlot High that was allowing magic to leak out and it was Starswirl who first brought magic to the human world. Not only that but it allowed dangerous Equestrian creatures and magical items such as the Memory Stone, the Time Twirler and who knows what other dangerous artifacts were sent into the human world.

Yep, why do I always read stories on here and the authors seem to be forgetting about that?

That's a very good question there.

I have a feeling something like this would have gone down in this film if they had made it and thus it would've been a sad ending for Sunset and I don't know that I'd be able to stand that, I was barely able to bring myself to watch Forgotten Friendship hearing what she would go through there and only did so when I was told she came out of it feeling stronger and more empowered than ever (as opposed to a certain comic that spawned many suicide fanfics of her).

Bruh this would be amazing

That would be cool but considering all she gave up and did for the human world you'd think she'd become royalty like twilight, idk just my thought tho this idea sounds god tier ngl.

Tears would have been shed if this had happened. Glad it didn't, forget the original human sunset!

I Surprised no one is talking about the fact that Sunset made the mirror when everyone assumed is was Star Swirl that made it even the comic writers

PS is some of this your work or is all of this hasbro? because I like to try and make a fanfic out of this someday if I can (key word being try)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21