Sunset Shimmer 4,921 members · 6,730 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Just think about it, Human Sunset bumps into them when she enrolls into their school, befriended them, learning about their adventures and magic, and getting used to about having a pony version of herself.

But when there's another problem going, either it involves magic or Micro Chips robots on the rampage, how can Human Sunset help them despite not having powers herself?

I, for one have a personal answer to that but I want to know yours first.

1) Dual wielding shotguns

2) Batwoman

3) Making sure the group stays away from mind-control/body snatching/infighting

4) Friendship speeches

5) Velociraptors, somehow

6) Stealing the villains powers

7) Profit

Well to be honest, I don't think even pony Sunset can do much help in a fight, if she failed to stop it before it begins by using her mind powers. Because her power is the ability to look into others thoughts by touching them, she is pretty much powerless in a fight. All she can do is lead the girls by making some kind of plan, and waiting for a chance to touch the villain. Not to mention not everyone can be changed just by talking to them even if you knew and understood why the villain does what they do. So I don't think human sunset can be helpful when it's hard for pony sunset to help. I mean, yes, pony sunset channels the harmony but that's it. She is just thier for the final blow. Until then, she'd have to wait in the sideline till the fight ends.

I'm not criticizing sunset. She's my favorite fictional character. I'm criticizing hasbro, for giving her a stupid power like mind reading when they gave that crazy 4th wall breaking pinkie pie the ability to literally blast even giant tree trunks into oblivion.

1, I'm pretty sure guns are quite illegal to use, useful but illegal

2, The Velociraptor is already dead alongside all dinosaurs a long, long time ago.

3, what is she going to do with profit??

4, well, instead of stealing the villains powers, how about destroy an equestrian device that turns that said villain into who they are now?

5, speaking of batwoman, I can see her being an action girl type just like the rest in her own way, I can see her fighting in batwoman style but she's clearly not batwoman.

6, Friendship speeches, well it did work when Starlight Glimmer tries it on Juniper Montage, though, I doubt it always work.

I love how you answered everything but the first item out of order :rainbowlaugh:

On a more serious note.

Number 3 would be my actual answer to the question. It's a bit of what Sunset did to start redeeming herself, and it's good to have some outside view to help.

As for what I would go for, maybe her having her own group of friends to combat small scale problems that don't need a blast of rainbows

I feel like she would be their wild card. The EQG's, being the PG characters they are, don't usually do more than sing and rainbow laser the person. In fact, during the Rainbow Rocks movie they basically amounted to just the gunpowder in a gun to go ahead and fire the friendship laser. I mean, even Sunset contributed more to the cause then them because she managed to collect her wits and stop them from arguing.

So, back to my point, none of the girls (Besides maybe Applejack and Sunset, and lets be honest Rainbow won't survive punch one with her ego) can actually fight in a actual fight. If the Sirens decided to use their powers to force everyone to beat up the Rainbooms, they would do jack in a fight.

Enter Human Shimmer, a girl who hasn't done the whole friendship spiel. If we go off of Sunset from the first movie (Sunset before friendship), she seemed to be the person that could hold her own in a fight. So if ever they get into a physical fight, we could say that would be helpful in Human Shimmer's side.

Also, on the topic of Human Shimmer, what if she was an adult?

Hear me out. In Equestria, she is canonically older than Twilight, being Celestia's former student. The only reason why she is the same age as the girls in the human world is that the portal made her into a teenager. If we were to extrapolate the Equestria scene to the human scene, the Sunset (And, now that I think of it, Starlight) of the human world would be older than the EQG's. Cause remember, its a mirror world. Sure, different jobs, but they hold the same ranks on the teen scale. Principal for Princess, Police Officer for Guard (Yes, I understand human Shining hasn't been canon revealed yet, but hey we all write him off as a soldier or a offier) etc.

Can't we do the same for Sunset and Starlight's human counters?

EDIT: Just realized that Friendship Games still existed, so we did see alumni Shining Armor. Sorry everyone

Yeah, though some others may headcanon that Human Sunset is also a teenager, just like me.

The way I see it, she may not have magic powers, but she can somehow land a decent damage on the foe and leaves the mane 7 to do the finishing blow.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8