Sunset Shimmer 4,917 members · 6,721 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24
Jondor
Group Admin

Since this unused pitch closely concerns Sunset, here it is so that you may discuss it without starting a dozen new threads.

https://twitter.com/nickconfalone/status/1371156029229076481

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls
Season 2 Finale Thoughts
Nick Confalone - 10/15/17

The Mane 7 have come to expect that Equestrian magic will find them wherever they go— from school halls to camp bonfires, cruise ships to amusement parks. Their friendship seems to be the sweet, lavender-infused honey that attracts the gnarliest of nefarious flies, buzzing with other-worldly enchantments. Like most heroes with geode superpowers, the girls have accepted their roles as always friends and often heroes, but the question remains: why does this keep happening? Many shows ignore this question completely to the detriment of their storytelling universe's reality—think: Murder She Wrote's Jessica Fletcher discovering hundreds of dead bodies, literally a new one everywhere she goes—but we're going to address this question head-on... because the answer is an essential piece of Sunset Shimmer's ongoing redemption arc, harkening back to the genesis of the Equestria Girls franchise.

Ever since Sunset's turn at the end of that first movie, her friends have reassured her that her past is in the past—what matters is the good she chooses to do in the PRESENT.

...But they're wrong.

Unbeknownst to Sunset Shimmer, the powerful ancient-Equestrian magic spell she cast to open the portal to another world in the first place created an imbalance that has not been resolved. Her arrival in the human world displaced an innocent character whom we've never yet seen, but whose absence can be felt every time Sunset appears on-screen. In this final special of season 2, we're going to reveal what happened to the human Sunset Shimmer.

Oh my God😲

Wanderer D

7459271 I mean, I already twitted him back asking for any scenarios they might've thought about :twilightsheepish: don't know if he'll answer, but it would be awesome to see what they had in mind.

Glad they never used this. Idea does sound... Halfway good. But it's more fun to leave somethings unanswered.

Shame we never got to see this...

Jondor
Group Admin

Good luck. Any more info we get is more than we have now and could be all we'll ever get.

7459271 So Hasbro didn't wanna do this but was willing to greenlight an unwanted "successor" in the form of Pony Life? :facehoof:

:pinkiegasp: Man, that would have been cool!

Jondor
Group Admin

There are many factors that go into such a decision. Almost all of which are not concerned with a small, but loud, portion of the fanbase. MLP is in the end, a toy commercial, and they wanted to sell new Pony Life toys.

Well dang. And here I figured they would've always ignored it. Consarnit, Hasbro, why couldn't you have approved Nick's plan? Sigh.

Man, this would've been an epic idea.

I wish they would've explored it.

At the end of the day, Hasbro's dollars are made through toy sales.

While it could have been interesting, I kinda liked the idea that Sunset's a singularity, and that there was no human version of her. I mean, if they told the story well, I'd be down to see what they'd come up with. But, at the same time, I doubt anything they'd come up with at this point would be satisfying, since human Sunset has basically become the same thing in the fandom as The Noodle Incident from Calvin and Hobbes. We've all come up with ideas about what's happened / why she isn't around / does she exist at all, and a canon answer to them would probably be anticlimactic given all the speculation.

OMG 👀💖💖

I personally would have welcomed anything regarding the human world version of Sunset Shimmer. Hell, anything regarding Sunset's backstory would've been welcome. Let me judge the story on its merits once it was finished.

I always knew there was a human Sunset Shimmer beside My Past is Not Today song hints at the possibility. The fall formal pictures. The first one has something that is missing from the pony sunset. Human Sunset has a mole near her nose. It’s a small one. Transformed pony Sunset does not. When I noticed that different I started looking for other slight differences. Human Rainbow dash has a thicker green stripe of hair while pony rainbow dash has a thicker red stripe.

Twilight and Sci-twi it’s the glasses.

Human Applejack has more freckles than pony Applejack

Human rarity has a birthmark on her hand while pony rarity does not.

Pony fluttershy has a birth mark on her face( it’s why she hides her face a lot Human Fluttershy does not.

Pinkie pie is the only one that I can’t seem to find a difference between the two.

Even the cmcs are different

Apple Bloom in pony version has her bow slightly to the right but human version it’s slightly to the left.

Comment posted by Wolfram-And-Hart deleted Mar 15th, 2021

Wait, Best Girl has a birthmark on her hand that Best Pony lacks? Which hand is it on?

I would've totally loved to watch this in the show instead the other specials so I can finally be able to see the human Sunset Shimmer.

I agree, while I wanted more EqG I'm glad this was left on the cutting room floor. First, not every human has a pony counterpart. There is no Microchips in Equestria.

Secondly, we know so little about Sunset's background beyond being Celestia's student. No official mention of family or if she was an orphan and was taken in. These holes in her story of course make her interesting and allow the audience to mold her as they please.

Lastly, if her presence on earth did displace a human counterpart, wouldn't that counterpart's family have freaked out? That's a seriously dark road to take a story down.

Pony fluttershy has a birth mark on her face( it’s why she hides her face a lot Human Fluttershy does not.

Don't forget: Human Fluttershy has eyeshadow whereas Pony Fluttershy does not.

Don't suppose they're gonna share what they had planned for her?

There is no Microchips in Equestria.

That we've seen.

Just pointing out that you have to be very observant to spot the differences.

I also discovered something insanely shocking about the Winx Club that no one had ever figured it out. And what it is is so darn obvious that it should have been spotted years ago! Want to know it? I’ll pm it.

That's what I meant though of the difference I talked about. ^^'

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24