Sunset Shimmer 4,917 members · 6,721 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

EDIT: I'm leaning more toward the "SunLight Sliders" Prompt with Princess Twi and Sunset and most folks so far seem to want to go that direction.

So, who here is up for a little “round-robin” SunLight project?

A while back, the AppleDash Project did a story called At the Drop of a Hat. The idea behind it is simple. Each author writes a single chapter for the story and then must continue where the other left off. In fact, I’m just going to steal the original description of the project:

Each chapter is 500 to 1500 words, written in up to 3 days by a different author without an outline or even a plan. Every author picks up where the previous one left off. What ensues is a wild, but fun ride.

This is the prompt I’ve come up with (feedback in welcome!)

The portal between CHS and Equestria is stuck open and now anyone--or anypony--can just wander through! Princess Twilight and Sunset Shimmer team up to get to the bottom of it and see if they can shut things down before reality itself is torn apart… or worse, Principal Celestia OR Princess Celestia find out about it!

Best part about the portal being stuck open? You can use either Twi! However, this is just a first pass, so please don't take this as the final one. This may be tweaked just to focus on Pony-Twi and Sunset! I wanted to gauge interest before locking anything down.

New Alternate Prompt:

After a short visit to Equestria with Twilight, both Sunset Shimmer and Princess Twilight head back through the portal... only to find themselves not at Canterlot High, but in a world neither of them have ever seen! Can they return to Canterlot High, or will the portal send them somewhere else? (With their luck, probably somewhere else)

The concept is "SunLight Sliders," with the stipulation of no crossovers with other shows/animes/books/etc except for the MLP comics (of course).

My goal is to first get an idea of who's interested, then come up with a random order of authors, then we all launch into it! I'll probably do the first chapter (or see if I can bribe Albinocorn into doing it. :twilightsheepish:) though volunteers to do the last would be welcome.

I was waiting until December to post this idea so folks could finish NaNoWriMo/NaPoWriMo. So what do you think? Who’s down?

(I’ll also be contacting a few authors personally!)

That sounds pretty interesting! Is this something that's happening for just the month? Do we just go until we run out of authors? Is it one chapter per author? Yay questions! :pinkiehappy:

I'm on a pretty hefty SunLight trip at the moment so...I should be able to participate. Mark me as tentative? :twilightsheepish:

5664661 My goal is to first get an idea of who's interested, then come up with a random order of authors, then we all launch into it!

Count me as interested but has to see if I'm able.

RQK
RQK #5 · Dec 1st, 2016 · · ·

Seems like a neat idea! Although I partial to the pony version of the ship and, evidently, it seems that the ship for this round robin is probabilistic between Princess Twi and Sci Twi (which we'd inevitably have to collapse for the round robin), we'll see where it goes.

This sounds interesting. I'm down to join and I've written a few "Sun-Light" stories myself. I'm more partially towards Princess Twi and Sunset but let's see where this goes.

5664656 Novel Edit
Count me in for #1

I would read it, I suck at writing though

I'm definitely down if you still need people!

Never tried anything like this before, but it sounds very interesting! Count me in.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11