Sunset Shimmer 4,921 members · 6,729 stories
Comments ( 52 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 52
Albi
Group Contributor

This thread is here for the sole purpose of whoring your stories sharing your written ideas. Not to be confused with the idea thread, this is only to share ideas that have already been published.

General rules:
1. No bashing other stories. If it doesn't appeal to you, then move on.
2. Please, only promote a story once. You may have continuous discussion of said story, but only one link. If you have multiple stories, then you can make one post for each story.
3. Do not reply to all and promote your story. Story links are to be individual posts unless someone is inquiring you directly.

With those rules established, enjoy your collective self-promotions!

RQK

I suppose I'll take the first post with something I brought up a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

My story is titled Feedback. It primarily stars Sunset Shimmer, Spike, and Twilight Sparkle.

Feedback deals with the apparent death of Twilight Sparkle after her defeat of an ancient pre-Equestrian evil. The story takes place in the days following the event as Sunset Shimmer and the rest of Twilight's friends attempt to piece together what happened and, more importantly, solve a few curious mysteries concerning the days leading up to the altercation. Twists and turns that stretch the boundaries of reality and existence abound.

Contradictions abound. There's even one in this very post! The only way to solve that is to read on~

You can find the story here.

The Soul's Savior.

Takes place immediately after the Fall Formal, and mainly focuses on Sunset trying to gain the trust of the students at CHS. Is currently leading up to Rainbow Rocks.

Other characters include Time Turner and Rainbow Dash, who also have their own plots that intertwine with Sunset's and the other's. Time Turner is estranged from his daughters, who were adopted by a friend after their mother's death. He now seeks to redeem himself in their eyes. Rainbow Dash is on a crusade to protect Sunset after the Fall Formal, and after hearing about Turner's situation, she vows to help him reunite with his daughters.

Ships: Sunset/Rainbow, Time Turner/Luna.

Any feedback is welcome.

Shameless self promotion? Aww yiss.

I've got two Sunset Shimmer stories published at the moment, the first of which is:

E How Sunset Rose
Slice of Life

Sunset Shimmer knew she was better than the other ponies around her, even if she didn't have her cutie mark yet. She had to be.

She just needed to find a way to prove it.

Basically a short focused on filly Sunset and what she did to get her cutie mark.

Followed up by:

T Love Twiangles
Sex Romance Comedy Human

"My name is Sunset Shimmer, and there are two Twilight Sparkles who are both madly in love with me.

Please help."

Comedy romance where Sunset has to deal with two crazy bitches and things escalate to ridiculous levels. There are plans for a sequel.

Other than that, I've got 100k long story, Fractured Sunlight, a drama/romance revolving around SunLight, which I will start publishing within a month or so.

And more than a few other story ideas involving Sunset Shimmer that are in the works. She's just so much fun to work with!

I agree that she's certainly fun to work with. Same goes for the Dazzles as well, in my mind (especially Adagio).

Messenger is my take on Sunset/Celestia closure. Start with the linked prequel if you want the full background, but that one's more about Adagio. Sunset doesn't really come onto the scene until the 4th chapter.

Messenger's sequel follows up in a "past is not today" vein - and I actually had this outlined and half-written before that short even aired. DHX sniping my ideas? I guess I'm ok with that. ;)

There's a fourth story in the works now as well as yet another sequel to the third. It'll have a bit more of an adventure theme that explores the concept of "home" and what that really means. Still in the outline and early drafting phase, though, so it'll be a while.

You'll notice a heavy SunDagio leaning through all of these (muh OTP). So treat that as enticement or a trigger warning, per your preference. :raritywink:

You Can't Break Me Discord

ADVENTURE/HUMAN
Discord has won. Everyone in the human world is under his dominion, save for Sunset Shimmer whom he saved for last.

Today the world, tomorrow Equestria.

Dear Diary: Sunset Shimmer's Best Friend

SLICE OF LIFE/HUMAN
Sunset Shimmer had one friend before the events of Equestria Girls, a diary. She abandoned the book in her spiral into darkness but now, with a chance of redemption, she turns back to her old friend for help. Does writing in her diary help her recover her life? Will she be able to overcome her memories, feelings, and school bullies to make deep connections with her new friends? It's all in her diary, all you have to do is read it.

From a Shimmer to a Shine

Genre: Adventure, Human, Sad, AU

Characters: Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia, Adagio Dazzle

As one user put it so eloquently, this story is an exercise in character exploration. It follows Sunset trying to redeem herself for her past misdeeds but encountering a lot of friction in the process. AU because it starts off drawing from Rainbow Rocks only to go off the rails with regard to both Twilight and the Dazzlings.

Saying Goodbye

When do you say goodbye to a friend? Is it when they leave or when you have forgotten them? If you hold your friends close to your heart, you will never say goodbye.

Summer vacation has arrived and Sunset Shimmer finds herself alone. Her only friends are busy with their own summer plans leaving Sunset to figure out what one does when they are alone. A chance encounter with a strange, blank book changes that. Now she will help a friend rediscover that a friend kept in your heart is never really gone. And perhaps she will learn a bit about friendship herself along the way from her new friend of no brain.

A sweet and heartwarming featuring the beloved characters from the classic Winnie-the-Pooh story books.

My own shameless promotion: If Sins Be Forgiven... Familiar title? A bit, if you're into the X-Men. Of course this isn't about the X-Men, but about Sunset Shimmers, the Human 5, and the Dazzlings with Sonata starring. Already finished. It went up to five chapters, so for those who want, the story is complete.

Eh, why not?

"The Sun Also Rises" - One part fix fic, one part the start of an alternate universe that branches off from the events of "Equestria Girls" and shows the start of Sunset's reform proper, as well as a reunion with Twilight and Princess Celestia. Also, my most popular story on this site despite its flaws.

"Six Nights (and a Day) With Sunset" - The direct follow-up to the above, with Sunset building better relationships with each of the Humane Five and meeting their respective families, as well as mending fences with Flash Sentry and starting a new life for herself in the human world. It also delves into my perception of her past in Equestria and introduces members of her family, living and not. Plenty of references to other authors' works abound, all of them with permission.

"Looking for Work in All the Right Places" - A follow-up to the above, where Sunset gets a job. She's moving forward from where the previous stories left her and building new relationships (or at least trying), though her new employer and co-workers know more about her than they've let on. Currently my most popular one-shot on this site in terms of pageviews.

Sunset's also directly mentioned in two more of my stories - "Reflections - Quiververse Edition" and "The Last of the Elements", while she's mentioned but left unnamed in "A Light in the Dark".

And I am currently working on another story featuring her, an adaption of IDW's Holiday Special called "Wherever You Find Love", and plan on writing another three stories where she makes appearances (major and minor) before releasing an adaptation of "Rainbow Rocks", also currently being worked on.

Shit, am I late for this? Well it's late, so I'm only gonna show off my one Sunset Shimmer fic, so here it is.

A Friend to All

Things have changed in Canterlot High after the events of the Fall Formal. Sunset Shimmer no longer bullies anyone, and the school is now free from her iron grip and all are happy about it. Well...everyone except Sunset Shimmer herself. Even after multiple events to atone for her previous actions, most students won't do anything but shoot her a cold glance. For the first time in her life, Sunset Shimmer feels alone and unwanted in the world. This may all change when the last person she'd ever expect to speak to again asks her one question.

"Um..are you ok?"

A simple friendshipping fic with my favorite friendship; Sunset Shimmer and Fluttershy!! A simple, heartwarming fic about how kindness can save a life.

Albi
Group Contributor

Oh yeah, I did a thing. For Halloween. Sunlight

I just noticed this, and figured why not share what I'm currently working on. Since my first story ended up being far more successful than I originally thought, and people wanted me to go for it, I'm writing the sequel of "The Legend of Sunset Shimmer: Ocarina of Time" known simply as "The Legend of Sunset Shimmer: Majora's Mask.

Whether you're a Zelda fan or not, this story told in Sunset's perspective where she struggles physically, mentally, and emotionally against odds while in the company of Princess Twilight.

Synopsis
It has been several months since her adventures in Hyrule along with the conclusion to the Friendship Games, and Sunset Shimmer continues having the same nightmare... a world is on the verge of ruin, and she is consumed by the flames. When a party goes awry, Sunset finds herself in Termina, a parallel world to Hyrule where those from both the human world, and Equestria appear in new roles...

... The very world that Ganondorf, the Dark Lord of Evil warned her about. Now she has three days to prevent destruction, but she is not alone as her closest friend, Twilight Sparkle, is also along for the ride.

The Legend of Sunset Shimmer: Majora's Mask

Well, why not?

The human world. The place that Sunset Shimmer got used to calling her home. The place where she committed bad deeds, where she was redeemed, where she learned the magic of friendship, and even shared it with others...

...it's gone.

The superpowers of the human world brought it to the apocalypse, consuming the land in nuclear fires in their bid to remain the sole controller of diminishing natural resources. A new world has emerged, which is a lot more brutal and unforgiving than Equestria has ever been.

Now, Sunset Shimmer lives in it; spared from death by a massive underground fallout shelter known as "Vault", she and the others stepped onto the irradiated surface, fighting for survival against mutant abominations and humans who lost every sense of morals.

A chance encounter with Princess Twilight Sparkle, who selflessly rushed to help her friends when she could not contact them via the magic book and got stuck in this hostile world due to the damage to the portal, sends both Equestrians onto a treacherous and dangerous path. In their bid to send the equine Princess back to Equestria and discover the fate of their friends, they will have to stand against all the horrors that Canterlot Wastelands can throw at them, including those that have never even been heard of.

Can friendship prevail despite the impossible odds? Will both Equestrians preserve their values? Or are they doomed to become yet another victims of the constant war that plagues the Wastelands? One fact is clear: this may become their most difficult trial.

Because war...

War never changes.

I present to you Fallout: Equestria Girls, a crossover between Fallout video game series and Equestria Girls universe, which stands independently from Fallout: Equestria by Kkat. Join Princess Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer as they traverse the dangerous Canterlot Wastelands, trying their best to survive and find their human friends, and encounter dangerous beasts, raiders, super mutants and other enemies, as well as the dark mysteries of the pre-apocalypse government...

Warning - the story is rated "Mature" for violence and gore. Reader discretion advised.

Well, I have another Sunset Shimmer story that I want to post, and this one is a lot different from my usual story telling.

The Other Journal

Story Summary

My name is Sunset Shimmer, and I wanted to speak to my newest friend, the human version of Princess Twilight Sparkle, about something which I've been keeping a closely guarded secret. Because of what happened at the climax of the Friendship Games, my heart is telling me to reveal what I've kept from everyone I know. Why choose her? Because she and I are really close... in more ways than one.

While I've used the magic journal to speak with Princess Twilight, there is the other journal... the non-magical one which I've been using since as far back as I can remember. You may think that what I wrote in this journal isn't anything serious, but when it contains secrets... personal secrets about my life from past to present...secret feelings about my friends... it becomes a completely different beast altogether.

I know Twilight will be there to help just like how I helped her, but will our friendship... all of my friendships be destroyed upon revealing these secrets to her?

Note: This story takes place after Friendship Games even though all three movies will be present in one form or another. There is also some mild sexual moments between Sunset and Twilight.

Comment posted by Jigoku Luna deleted Oct 22nd, 2015
Comment posted by Jongoji245 deleted Aug 1st, 2018

Well, might as well try this out, and as a linked thread on a pinned one does that count as necro?

Anyway, Equestria Girls: the Empowered World is a fic I have recently started with chapter 2 now in beta. The idea behind it is that the Humane 5 before the first E.Q girls move end up gaining superpowers at the same time Sunset regains her magic. Conflict ensues.

....I suck at explanations. But here the link is.

4640018 I got have a story for you which is mostly inspired by certain scenes from Order of the Phoenix with Queen Chrysalis in place of the toad AKA Umbridge and Sunset starting the rebellion.

Here's the link:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/324942/principal-chrysalis

Allow me to throw my hat in the ring once again.

To Save a Life

Convinced she'll never find peace after the Anon-a-Miss incident, Sunset Shimmer decides to leave Canterlot High for good. When her friends go after her, they wind up getting lost and falling underground. And when Sunset falls in after them, she's left with a choice.
Escape to the surface and keep her sanity or risk losing herself in the darkness.
Crossover with Undertale.

The Sun and I

Sunset never left Equestria, and is still Celestia's student with Twilight. Will they take up the Elements of Harmony to defeat Nightmare Moon, or will their friendship fail the test.

Looking for an editor.

RQK

Hello all!

I'm here to promote another story for you. Previously, I promoted another story in this comment: 4640091

Today, I am here to promote the recently completed sequel. Substitute serves as the sequel to the hit fic, Feedback. You may have seen Feedback in any number of places (featured by Seattle's Angels, featured by Everfree Northwest, featured on Equestria Daily, etc.). I firmly believe, neigh, assert that Substitute, the sequel to Feedback, is of equal quality to its predecessor.

Substitute takes place a few months after the end of Feedback. It primarily stars our favorite girl, teaming up with Starlight Glimmer this time around as well as another, spoiler character, trying to solve a dilemma that has come about as a result of their actions during Feedback. Along the way, they romp through the various timelines that Starlight Glimmer created during The Cutie Remark, all the while trying to save a dying race.

And along the way, they'll learn that some lessons are hard to swallow and that sometimes, victory really is out of reach.

You can strap yourself into this emotional rollercoaster by following this link here. You can also consult the comment that I quoted above to read the prequel!

I am also currently holding an AMA pertaining to this story through Sunday. You can check my blog for further details~

4759197 Can I promote another user's story here?

Albi
Group Contributor

5736273 Well, there isn't a rule against that, so sure. I guess just as long as they're okay with it.

Story Promotion:

The Mage and the Filly Fair by Fahrenheit

Summary:

Before Sunset Shimmer tried to take over a high school, long before she fled through the mirror portal, in the days before she was even the personal student of Princess Celestia, the young filly met Canterlot's most elusive stranger. He gave her a secret. And then a gift. And finally, a revelation.

In the end, he really only brought Sunset a curse.

In which expectations do not guarantee anything.

With the permission of one Novel Idea, I have written an exploration of Sunset's past boo-boos. It's called Little Truths, and precedes Novel's excellent Alchemy of Chemistry.

If you enjoy it, tell your friends, Twilight, Dean Slate, and the Board of Regents. At the very least, I hope you find it tolerable.

I’m writing this huge Sunset Shimmer prequel series, and the new story is being published now. It’s a story of Sunset learning lessons (which turn out to not be very much like the lessons Twilight learns) and falling slowly from Celestia’s studen to the monster she would become.

TAs Told by Sunset
Sunset was a student of the Princess, a magical prodigy, a diplomat and adventurer long before CHS. So when the time is right and audience is willing she loves to tell a tale to amaze and to astonish. Here are some of them:
ChudoJogurt · 1k words  ·  86  9 · 2.5k views
TThe Unicorn and her Boy
Sunset continues her tales and stories, of different world and of different time and of lessons she learned in her adventures
ChudoJogurt · 20k words  ·  62  4 · 1.6k views
TSunset Shimmer and the Last Trial of Daring Do
Sunset Shimmer has nightmares. Trapped in the memories of her past adventures, she can't quite return home. There is only one creature in all of Equestira who can help her. Make her good and nice again, but how far will Sunset have to go to find her?
ChudoJogurt · 50k words  ·  52  1 · 1.1k views

Give it a read, leave a comment, or, dare I say it, even like it!

I've found a home!!!

What happens when two broken souls fall in love? Our favorite human falls for the best-vice-principal

A Lunar Sunset

I've been waiting until it was done to put this in the Shameless Self Promotion Thread! I present to you, Book One in my Rising Universe, The Sunset Also Rises.

What started out as an idea of what could have happened to the Human Sunset Shimmer, and then, ideas came, and I decided to go full alternate universe. Sunset Shimmer of the human world goes through the portal between worlds at the same time as her pony counterpart. Now, she is someplace that she does not know, as an entirely different species than she was before. Meanwhile, Celestia is nearly broken by the loss of her prized pupil, especially after what had happened with her sister.

But, fortunately for both, they will have ponies around them to guide them, though know it they may now, even perchance a meeting with somepony else. Will this Sunset Shimmer be able to rise to the challenge of being a pony, and be good. Or will she turn dark, and rise to power and ambition, as her predecessor? Or, will she find happiness and joy?

Honestly, this story has been a journey for me as well, being my first fanfic. We're all here to read fics about Best Pony, so here is yet another version of Best Pony. So, will you rise up and read this story? Only you can decide!

How many people realize that it's canon that Sunset is a fencer? I think this slipped by many people. But, read my story and find the proof! PROOF

Well, this story I wrote seems to have been quite well received, so I thought I'd post it here.

ERed/Yellow
Whatever happened to the "other" Sunset Shimmer? Our Sunset finds out.
The Cloptimist · 2.6k words  ·  181  6 · 4.3k views

I wanted to answer a couple of questions. What happened to make Sunset so damaged and angry? And where's Sunset's "real" human counterpart? What if those two things were, somehow, linked?

There are so many possible stories there, so many different headcanons. This one is, uh, another one: mine. Anyway, I hope you like it.

Hello, I got a story that I have recently started work on after a year or so of not writing.

TSunset in Azeroth
Sunset Shimmer finds herself in Azeroth and picked up by the Kirin Tor.
RIPoste · 71k words  ·  309  9 · 3.9k views

A story where Sunset winds up in the world of Azeroth instead of EQG and tries to forge a place for herself. Any feedback, especially on the writing, would be appreciated as I am not really certain if the dry spell had affected my skills somewhat.

This is my formal request to have my story added to the woefully underfilled “Mystery” folder. Thoughtful amateur sleuth Sunset is best Sunset.

TInnocent Until Proven Cozy
Sunset worries about Cozy Glow’s human counterpart. Is it wrong to suspect someone based on their parallel self’s sins?
Casketbase77 · 6.6k words  ·  397  7 · 6k views

I promised myself I wouldn’t promote Innocent Until Proven Cozy to a group this large unless it got a least a hundred upvotes on its own. Needed to be sure it was something people would actually be interested in.

Hey everyone, I've never posted on this kind of forum here so sorry if it's weird. Here's a story I'm working on, only 2 chapters out so far but more to come!
Not Everyone's A Hero
It'll include romance for Sunset and the OC some time after her 'reformation', so it won't be right off the bat. But, if you like a bit of a darker story, hopefully you'll enjoy it along the way!
If you like the whole 'black magic' idea and necromancy and all that, there just might be some later on :raritywink:

Rekindling the Flames

The flame between Sunset Shimmer and Flash Sentry has long gone out. For the longest time they simply avoided each other's company, trying to keep old wounds closed. After the events of the Camp Everfree, the two agree to start over again as friends, not wanting to let a rough past define them. However, this rekindling of friendship may have accidently ignited other feelings as well.

This is the first book in a Flashset trilogy I've been wanting to do for a while. Chapter 3 has just been released and Chapter 4 is currently in the works. This story is for anyone who enjoys the Flashset ship and have been wanting a proper story that focuses on their relationship. I hope you all enjoy!

TEquestrian City
It's been almost a decade since the Battle of the Bands and Sunset Shimmer has been trying to clean up the mess she made. After series of unrelated crimes, Sunset, now known as The Phoenix, may need to finally ask for help.
Malcontent · 177k words  ·  181  14 · 5.1k views

After a few excursions to the Eastern Empire, we're back home in Equestrian City, but Sunset and the rest haven't had a break in our absence. 

Malcontent has been making preparations, continuing to advance his goals, whatever they may be. Things are coming to a head, with villains coming out of the woodwork, but also new heroes arriving in force. 

Will our heroes manage to restore order, or will Malcontent stop playing 3D chess or whatever he's been doing and stop them?

The Equestrian City / MetaVerse
Equestrian City Website | Discord | Patreon | YouTube | Twitch | Twitter 

So, I just finished a story and plan on publishing it very soon. However, before I do, I'm trying to promote it and fine tune some things. I'll give you guys/girls a quick synopsis of what it is-

A Road To Friendship

When two popular girls meet head-to-head, routines are altered, emotions are tested, and surprising secrets are revealed as rivals form a budding friendship.

I won't give away more than that but I hope you guys will enjoy it as much as I wrote it. I plan on releasing it either tomorrow or next Monday. I hope you all are having a great day:heart:.

Cryosite
Group Admin

this is only to share ideas that have already been published.

That said, I don't think I've seen someone go around promoting their story before it is published before. When you do, simply edit your post to include the link to it. Don't make another post.

I've also noticed that you've been pasting this message in several groups. It's fine to do that in groups that allow self-promotional advertisement, like this one. But be careful about spamming. I've noticed that you have posted in groups that don't allow it, and you're clearly not paying close attention to the rules of places you post in. Remember: each group has its own rules and expectations on behavior. Don't assume you can simply do as you please.

7219403 I have? I wasn't aware it was an issue. Only one group has said something and I fixed it immediately. I never had the intent to "do what I please". Sorry about that.

Deaths New Life Is crossover story where of death from supernatural is sent to eqg universe and raises/helps sunset. I have five chapters posted so far and I'm not very good at explaining things, I'm planning my next chapter and it is going to start the anon-a-miss ark you can check it out if you want

(DISCLIAMER: I am NOT the author of the linked story. I am posting this thread on behalf of a friend, who DID write it, and who is having trouble drawing the attention it deserves.)

A Tale of Two Suns

After the Friendship Games, life at CHS has settled down. No more magical villains to face, or impending disasters. Sunset and the others can go back to living as normal teenage girls. Or as close to normal as a group of magically empowered girls and a former unicorn from another universe can, anyway.

But when Sunset gets into trouble, someone she never expected comes to help her, and her life will never be the same ever again.

We all know how Sunset Shimmer's story ends, but how did it begin?

Princess Celestia decides to give her ambitious protege a job when Sunset's latest "experiment" goes awry. As she travels the land helping the ponies of Equestria, Sunset may find that the real world isn't as black and white as her years being raised in the castle led her to believe. Follow along and learn what drove Sunset to abandon her home, her people, and her only friend in the world.

EMy Little Pony: Shadows of the Setting Sun
Follow along as Sunset Shimmer embarks on an airship adventure across Equestria. Witness the downfall of Celestia’s protege, and learn what drove her to abandon her only friend.
Starswirl the Beardless · 104k words  ·  22  1 · 653 views

Not sure how often people look at these, but for those of you who have not read my story "Fighting to the Top" which goes into Sunset's experiences as a fencer, I think you're in for a treat. It has been very successful, but not widely read. And the best part is, it's not a far departure from canon material. Sunset Shimmer is definitely a club fencer at her school, so this story is just the next logical step.

TFighting to the Top
Canterlot High School has been chosen as the next host for the Inter-regional Fencing Tournament. Even after tying with Crystal Prep at the Friendship Games, CHS is still the underdog of the sport. Well, not any more, if Sunset has her way.
SwordTune · 23k words  ·  57  3 · 1.8k views

Here’s my take of Gamer Sunset
This was inspired by the Equestria Girls short and one of Wubcake’s old MLP videos

TThe Ballad of a Raging Sunset
All I have to say is........ BRACE YOURSELVES
sunsetshimmer_13 · 1.9k words  ·  23  3 · 1.4k views

Hiya, lovely peeps!

EWhat a Strange New World
I jumped through the portal to escape Celestiaʼs wrath. Now, I find myself in this strange, new world. But thatʼs okay, Iʼll figure it out, like I always do.
Uz Naimat · 7.6k words  ·  23  3 · 740 views

So basically this story is about Sunset and her past between when she first stepped through the portal up until her admission to CHS. It's slice of life, from Sunset's first person POV and contains no dialogue what so ever.

Updates fitfully.

Hi all! In case you hadn't heard, there's a Sunset Shimmer shipping contest in progress, and you have a week to submit!

Art by Emmiiv

That's right... it's Sunset Shimmer x Starlight Glimmer! Click here for details! Entries are due July 3rd at the end of the day, Eastern Time!

Submit your entries here: https://www.fimfiction.net/group/215660/folder/77665/sunset-shimmer-x-starlight-glimmer-competition-june-2022

There's been a two-week extension to the ShimGlim contest! You have two full weekends left to write and submit a Sunset/Starlight story before end-of-day Eastern Time on Sunday, July 17! See here for details: https://www.fimfiction.net/group/215660/sunset-shimmer-x-eg-mlp-villains-shipperss-group-competitions/thread/498516/sunset-x-starlight-contest-extended-deadline-july-17th

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 52