Sunset Shimmer 4,922 members · 6,735 stories
Comments ( 124 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 124

Ok, This is getting really out of hand and I don't know if this message will actually accomplish anything but it's worth a shot. After some contemplation and thought, I can put more of my thoughts into words. Permeakra, Your perspective and critiques have given me a lot to think about and I will be reworking my story based on some of those critiques. After I'm finished with a research project for my summer class, I will possibly work on it some more. Though it is still my story and will focus on Sunset visiting Equestria to mend any bad blood between her and Celestia and eventually returning to Equestria at some point in the future. It's my own fanon thought and I like it. You are free to dislike that idea and prefer the future where Sunset remains in the human world and completely puts the past behind her. Ghostfriendly, Thank you for your positive view on the rough draft of the first chapter of my not-so-original fic but Permeakra does raise valid points that sometimes you can't always reconcile with people or be forgiven for mistakes or be asked for forgiveness. Sometimes the best thing you can do rather than trying to see forgiveness is to move on and leave the past behind or confront the issue so you can move on. You have your own beliefs relating to this topic and Permeakra has their experience with such things. I know this probably won't stop this discussion but I figured I'd say something since I started this discussion by posting the fic and getting more defensive about the topic than I probably should've.

5377400 Fair play, a story should be from your own beliefs and interpretation, good luck.

Well my idea is that during the anon-a-miss fiasco sunset leave Canterlot and is taken in by people who would be seen as God's with the power they have. They accept sunset and help her unleash her full potential and help them protect the world from threats beyond anything her old friends could handle most things that aren't dumb enough to stand still and get hit by rainbows or just punch through it. She and new friends would return to Canterlot during summer Vaca for a martial arts tournament were the human 6 would have to work hard to gain forgiveness as well as the trust of her new friends who are protective of her therefor hating the human 5 twilight being an exception all while this universe Tirak a planet destroying conquer sets his sights on the planet.

I have a idea that i am willing to part with about the Equestria Girls trilogy set in the Star Wars Universe. I even made a outline if anyone wants to show me. Please PM me if anyone is interested.

Man, this place looks dead. Okay, buck it, I guess, let's try.

A couple nights ago I was up super late and started contemplating the fact that it was really an odd coincidence that of all places and times on Earth/whatever-your-headcanon-location-for-the-EqG-universe-is, the portal led to a highschool in—supposedly—modern day North America. So what if it didn't? And then I wrote this (four pages, so I won't paste it in the comment):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-y2-jiof7Gm3TP0qnKyx4zq1dVJH3lOHHYJAGNwil68/edit?usp=sharing

I really like the scenario, but I fail to really come up with an actual plot that I could develop out of it. Still, it feels a little too interesting to toss aside. Would be super glad to hear what you think, though; any ideas on how it could continue? Is it a good idea in the first place? Would anyone be interesting in reading such a story? I honestly don't know if there'd be a market for this sort of thing, and the previous stories I posted on this site haven't exactly received critical acclaim, so. :rainbowwild:

Just let me know what your thoughts are :twilightsmile:

Oh god, yes. Like, all of the YES.
Red Son version of EQG is bound to be both awesome and hilarious.

Srsly, you can find awesome plots in Young Pioneer's Library and in that Russian anime abomination "First Squad", and if you need anything, ANYTHING to make it happen - I'd be happy to help
(as long it does not involve money. Or writing. Or webcams)

To be honest, if you're willing to do a long-fic, It would really pay off if you set it up pre-war, allow to build up to present-day EQG with Sunset Shimmer ruling the schools komsomol/pioneer organization, and then either before, after or in lieu of Twilight Sparkle's appearance throw in the blockade and the war.
That'd allow you to establish a baseline and really let the reader get more acquainted with the realities of CCCP

5443111 Oh man, that is actually a wonderful idea. My original concept was that Sunset would have her attitude completely mangled by the circumstances she was thrown into and behave differently from what happened in canon pre-EqG, but having her become the secretary of the local komsomol cell sounds even better!

I'm going to consider that, definitely. I'm currently unsure of how much time I can commit to this story, but I'll be through with exams for this semester soon, and I'll be in a better place to decide then.

Srsly, though, ping me if you need pre-read or to bounce ideas, I'd love to help.

5443140 Thanks for offering! I'll keep you posted

By the way, I could use someone yo bounce ideas with, for the next installment of As Told By Sunset.

Well I am doing that story. I have a part where a backstory changes them from the best to the worst. Human twilight is in it. But sunset start as an alicorn in Equestria. Basically a role reversal story but I also have human sunset with a twist.

Was it alright if i used my real name for a Sunset x Aaron Smith Human Equestria Girls Crossover. I mean i literally have feelings for Sunset Shimmer.

I've been working on a Dragon Ball Super crossover where after the Future arc, Gohan, Videl, and Pan end up in front of the portal in Canterlot High unconscious after an inter-dimensional travel accident right before a storm. Sunset finds them (takes place after Legend of Everfree, a week before school starts), and takes them to her hidden room in the school, not wanting the baby to get sick. After they wake up, they tell Sunset about their situation, but Sunset doesn't want to risk her friends safety, so she asks to read Gohan's mind, and he accepts. After, she contacts Princess Twilight to look into it while gathering her friends, Celestia, and Luna to find somewhere for Gohan's family to stay.

This is where I bump into my first big indecision. The first path is Celestia and Luna take in Gohan's family, and Sunset, now that they learned she's technically homeless (not that she cares). If I go that route, I'll end up having Luna and Sunset become very close and eventually have Luna adopt Sunset. The other option is that Sunset contacts Twilight and asks to withdraw some of Sunsets bits (or jewels) and bring them over so she can exchange them and use them to buy a house for the four of them to stay at. In this route, she essentially gets taken in by Gohan's family.

From there, Gohan offers to teach at the school to help pull his weight. He asks Sunset if there's anything he can do to repay her, and she gets stuck. She's been worried about how much danger her friends are being put in, and wants to get stronger, but fears that she doesn't deserve it because she still enjoys power. From there they have a discussion on power for the sake of power and talk about Goku and Vegeta while Sunset tells them about her past.

From here, I have the rest of the training arc planned out, alongside of many of the powerups and fighting styles. Sunset will progress by mixing magic and ki, and since she basically did the magic equivalent of the Super Saiyan God ritual, she will progress fast. Here I bump into my second issue, which is which other characters to include and focus on. I want Sunset's friends, Celestia, and Luna to join in on the training as well, though I can't decide how much focus to give them, except for human Twilight.

I have up until about half way through the second arc planned/outlined, along with key events later in it, but I'm having a bit of trouble actually starting it. I've spent so much time just trying to get the intro right that I haven't really been able to move on.

Story Idea: Sunset Shimmer was created by Princess Celestia to cross over into the EQG World to study the multi-coloured humanoids. When Sunset lusted for power and refused to listen to her mentor, Celestia subtly guided Sunset to steal the crown so that Twilight could travel to the EQG world and attempt to reform Sunset.

My story idea is about Sunset and a DBAG BR 425.

Where do I even begin with my ideas?
IDK.
I do have Midnight Nightmares...
And Sunlight Solace...
I tried to be in Sunlight Sliders...
Honestly I'm starting my ability to write her or other characters, at all, ever... again...
I do plan a few more stories... but...
Anyhow I'd be more than ready/willing to co-write/edit/be edited.

sunset shimmer has obviously stayed in the human world for quite some time, and given that period of time she must have experienced our fiction and history. So i now need to present this as a story idea.

Sunset shimmer goes into our world having done preparation you know get paper work a place to live and other needed supplies. however now that she is stuck there she begins to get a little bored when she is not worming her way to school and begins to play a bunch of games and reads human fiction, and she begins to notice some disturbing thoughts coming up in her head as she plays through them. games such as gears of war, halo, resident evil, warhammer 40 000 and reads books such as the lightning thief, the book of negros, worm and the dresden files

see in my opinion stories are the most important thing that any society can produce as they allow people to experience things that we would never be able to and go to places we never would be able to. and these begin to influence her as she begins to question her plans to take over equestria, vengeance and whatever else she was planning.

so creating a story that just covers her playing through a game and experiencing it's story and meaning and how it subsequently affects her in canterlot high would be an interesting way of creating a unique character development for her.

idea for grabs,
crossover with tv show Lost Girl, but with MLP chars, have either sunset or twilight as the new girl in town, have celeistia and luna as leader of the two groups.

other idea
sunset shimmer is twilight older sister, both are orphan when sunset become the princess student

I'm currently writing a !unreformed Sunset story, and I'm looking for an appropriate idea for the main scene in the next chapter.

The basis here is the following: Sunset has started her plan to drive Humane 5 apart, but stopped it just after framing Rarity (because plot related events she has bigger priorities now). As their friendship was just recently restored (IDW stuff partially used as canon) they fail to talk things out, not even giving Rarity much chance to explain everything, so she is driven away from the group. It all happens in the background.

Two weeks later, Rainbow Dash and Applejack confront Sunset due some rumors of her involvement, as they had time to consider the situation as a whole and stay mostly together because Sunset never continued her initial plan.

So, the actual question is: How exactly would Sunset frame Rarity? It should involve at the very least both Dash and AJ, not be excessively cruel/unreasonable but not something to be simply shrugged off as insignificant.

Sure, I can come up with an appropriate idea myself, but it would take time, so if someone has good idea(s) I would like to incorporate them one way or another.

here is an idea I not sure been done,
sunset shimmer and twilight sparkle are the daughter of princess celestia, sunset would be around 16 or 17 years old and twilight about 12-13 year old.
around 2-3 months before NNM return, princess celestia dies, why not sure; and sunset become new ruling princess while a group of unicorn take over the whole day and night. and no one knew that NNM is returning,
then NNM return and is defeated some how and we have Luna return have to deal with A.) her sister is dead, B.) one of her nieces is in charge, and c.) take over the movement of the sun and moon,
I figure the story would force more or less on sunset being ruling princess while twilight help out aunty luna adjusted to everything,

not sure if there story like this already if so please point me to it, other wise anyone can use it or part of it.

Eternal Friendship (Equestria Girls + Eternal Darkness crossover): In an alternate outcome of the climax of Forgotten Friendship, the Memory Stone is destroyed and everyone’s memories are returned to them. However, Sunset Shimmer’s memories somehow become locked up within the depths of her mind. Her friends, with the help of the regretful Wallflower, try to help her unlock her memories with little success. With all the memories of her past adventures and lessons gone, Sunset’s heart loses its purity and becomes corruptible. During this moment of vulnerability, she starts hearing strange voices calling to her. Instinctively, she follows the voices till they lead her to stumble upon a strange secret chamber containing three mysterious artifacts. When Sunset touches one of the artifacts, it corrupts her and makes her a slave to one of the three Ancients, powerful godlike beings that seek to plunge the world into darkness. With a twisted body and a warped mind with a newfound lust for power and a desperate desire to retrieve her lost memories, Sunset leads the creatures of darkness to fulfill her new master’s wishes. The only ones standing in her way are her desperate friends, who’ve allied themselves with a heroic college student named Alex Roivas, and a rival warlock named Pious Augustus.

This story will have at least three different routes.

Here are some descriptions of some of the characters:

The three Ancients, the main antagonists of the story:

Chattur’gha: A brute who values war and violence. His main weakness is his low intelligence, he often leaves the more complicated scheming to his chief servant. He is able to crush Xel’lotath effortlessly but his attacks are useless against Ulyaoth.

Xel’lotath: A being of great malice and insanity. She and her chief servant often conspire together when formulating a plan. If allied with Pious, she will suspect him of planning to betray her in the future. She can easily vanquish Ulyaoth but can be easily demolished by Chattur’gha.

Ulyaoth: A being of great intellect. He does most of the scheming and has his chief servant enact his plans and follow all his orders without question. He can easily destroy Chattur’gha but cannot inflict any damage on Xel’lotath.

The other characters:

Alexandra Roivas: A university student whose investigation of her grandfather’s murder has led her to this battle against the forces of darkness. She and the Equestria Girls join forces to stop the end of the world and help the girls get their corrupted friend back.

Pious Augustus: Once a respected Roman Centurion, he was corrupted by one of the three Ancients and turned into a powerful evil lich. He now seeks to aid his master in bringing about the end of the world. Because Pious serves a different Ancient, he and Sunset become mortal rivals. However, he serves an Ancient that is vulnerable to Sunset’s master, so the twisted girl is much more powerful than him. But while Sunset is mostly motivated by a desire to retrieve her lost memories, Pious is motivated by a lust for power, knowledge, death, and a hatred for humanity which makes him a much more sinister opponent. Sunset is redeemable, Pious is not.

So I just watched some of the youtube shorts on EqG for the first time and there are a couple really interesting tidbits on Sunset Shimmer there that I would love to see expanded or used in fics.

In "Rarity's Display of Affection" We see that Sunset is either "Flanksy", where she would have apparently been tagging long enough to become known for it by someone like Rarity.

In "Queen of Clubs" we see that she is part of the Fencing club at the school! I want to see her use her sword skills!!!

the "Sunset's Fine Line" We see tht she's into videogames, and what is Tyrek's Revenge??

I had asked this on the Equestria Girls Fics group, and could only determine a split jury based on the one upvote and one downvote left on it, and a separate thread I started in this group was locked and is probably by now deleted, so I'm hoping to get a more... verbal consensus here, per se.

I know I haven't finished my current story yet, but I was thinking about a hypothetical sequel to it involving Sunset Shimmer. The only thing is (also note, the story is an PoE) that in my first story, the ponies have never seen or heard of humans at that point (namely Twilight and Starlight, who have gone through the mirror portal already), and the story takes place post-movie.

This means the only way having Sunset Shimmer could logically work would be for this to take place in some alternate dimension where MLP Twilight never met Sunset and perhaps Sunset is still high-school evil. I mean, that's not really a dealbreaker, my story can go either way with it. However, do you think this AU version of EqG would be acceptable, or would it be safer just to exclude anything EqG from this sequel for these reasons?

just had the mos ridiculous and hilarious thought! What if, as a human, Sunset is allergic to horses! It would be freaking hilarious! Just THINK of the jokes and puns! It would be utterly ridiculous.

however, it could be argued that Equestira's Ponies and Earth's human are almost Identical in genes minus the proportions, hair and teeth.

Either way, kinda want to do it in Scars now JUST for the sheer hilarity. Not like it would be prominent in the ENTIRE thing but Sunset would be in proximity of a horse, star sneezing. If I'm REALLY daring, I could make it like my allergy to cats and if she touches it she will have a nice rash.

Yes I know there have been stories where Sunset is allergic to hay but if you think about it, it's overal a common allergy in general. now,being allergic to your own species is a different story.

i got an idea: What if Sunset Shimmer left Equestria because of her demon self, so it wouldn't escape and destroy her home. Then she tried to distance herself from others by becoming a bully. Realizing that the demon was growing more powerful she saw no other way but to steal Twilights crown in order to purge herself. However, as time gets closer to the fall formal, the demon quickly becomes more powerful and begins to take control of her actions around the point where Snips and Snails trash the gym. This leads to her more malicious actions after Twilight gets elected. Example, threatening to shatter the mirror. When Sunset dropped the hammer, she regains control for a short period of time and when she puts on the crown she has lost all control.

Cryosite
Group Admin

Sounds a lot like a Sunset Shimmer variant of the Luna/Nightmare Moon idea. Leans towards the shitty comics with the Nightmare Rarity arc, which more or less attempts to shift the blame away from Luna (Sunset Shimmer in this case), to some "demon."

I suppose it could make for its own story. But set aside Sunset Shimmer and Luna for a moment, and just imagine yourself reading a story about some generic protagonist. That protagonist has some kind of entity which has parasitically invaded his/her mind. Through the story, the protagonist tries to bargain with the entity, purge the entity, and so on. Towards the end, all efforts to do so fail, the entity slowly takes over. If this were an anime or TV series, you could image many episodes detailing various attempts. Maybe some are temporarily successful, but none permanently get rid of or lastingly weaken the entity. Indeed, some of the "solutions" might reduce a symptom or two, but weaken the protagonist in general.

So, the last episode of the season/series is up. You wonder how all this is going to end. The entity has thwarted all efforts at being stopped, seems to be growing steadily more powerful, and the protagonist weaker and less able to resist control. Then, just as the entity takes full control and you're wondering how in the heck our protagonist is going to come back from so far behind, some random characters you've never met before and whom the protagonist has never met pop in through a magical portal, blast the possessed protagonist's body with magic, curing them of the demon's influence utterly.

This is what we call deus ex machina. It is perhaps one of the least satisfying solutions to a conflict, and it utterly ruins any sense of progress or buildup or agency your main character has had.

Now, EqG1 sort of gets away with this, because Sunset isn't our protagonist. As the antagonist we aren't as concerned with her progression and growth, and we instead are rooting for Twilight Sparkle. Prior to EqG1, we had 2.5 seasons worth of pony pony pony to watch her grow, become a better friend, and so on. So she isn't some random unknown to pop through a portal.

That said, shifting focus to Sunset Shimmer and seeing her side of things runs a distinct risk of portraying a character which has no agency. We already know how she is going to end her character arc unless you plan to write an AU. We know that whatever struggle you plan to portray, it is going to end in Friendship Laser administered by a character that Sunset has had no interaction with until near the end, and then only to steal the crown. A plan we know is doomed to fail. Not only is this story going to end in deus ex machina, it is an ending we have been intimately spoiled on from the get-go.

Your idea sounds like it is a "fix fic" in that it attempts to explain something depicted in EqG1, make it more "interesting." Problem is that it doesn't actually accomplish that, and you're trapped into telling a story we already have heard to do so. Maybe you could concoct some entertaining scenes where Sunset struggles with the demon. That doesn't really feel like enough to make for a good story though.

It is no wonder that the EqG series has decided that abandoning that stage of Sunset's life as story material in favor of moving forward is the better choice. "My Past is Not Today" really is important. Sunset's past is at least mildly interesting, but only echos of it continue on today. She has moved one. The more interesting story is today and tomorrow, not yesterday.

I get that trying to "do her past better" is interesting to a lot of folks, but it just seems like a dead-end.

I get that trying to "do her past better" is interesting to a lot of folks, but it just seems like a dead-end.

And most "Do her past better" ideas are just excuses for someone to try to make their waifu some misunderstood angel instead of the earnestly shitty person they really were. See NLR for more details.

It could work as an AU, I guess, but what can't?

Cryosite
Group Admin

Indeed. I like Luna and Nightmare Moon. I think there are interesting stories to tell with either of them.

NLR is retarded. These efforts to do the same with Sunset are appalling. We already know this is a bad idea, yet it is still popular to try and do.

Story idea: EQG Twilight Sparkle never attended the Friendship Games, instead being accepted to her university of choice and moving away to start a new chapter in her academic life.

After several years, Sunset, who is a teacher at Canterlot High, meets Twilight Sparkle, who doesn't care about Friendship and is eager to get to the bottom of the mysterious magic surrounding Canterlot High.

Twilight's goal is to find out more about the Equestrian magic around the portal and publish her findings, while Sunset needs to extend a hand of friendship to Twilight Sparkle and hope she accepts it.

Story Idea: A overly dramatic telling of the life at Canterlot High but all the various school cliques were like Game of Throne like Kingdoms and Sunset has to dominate them all. It would be dramatic, Poltical, and over the top.

I can totally imagine this! Imagine that Sunset reads Machiavelli and game of thrones early on in her research period, and this is how she sees the human world. Bonus if basically it compares Sunsets perspective (seeing school pursuit a la GOT) and then juxtapose interludes were other people see the same actions from a modern human perspective.

Sadly I don't plan to write it, but I am open to letting others take a crack at it.

Story Idea: after the Fall Formal, Sunset is placed under the guardianship of...Miss Harshwhinney!!
How will she handle living with the most feared teacher in the school?

Comment posted by mrkillwolf666 deleted Sep 10th, 2018

I was thinking of writing a story where instead of transforming back into a human in EQG first movie when hit with the skittles beam she was expunged of her wickedness but maintain the appearance of a demon. Pretty much she looked like her human self and went back to her normal height except she kept the crimson skin, pointed ears(unchipped), tail and wings(though the wings are whole and don't have holes in them.). So now she has to struggle with the guilt on how she treated everyone and wondering what she was going to do thanks to her new appearance, and if she can change back. So how would all this play out and what you think of the concept? I'm surprised no one tried writing this. I was thinking of having some classmates saying she deserves it, while quite a few show her mercy and compassion in her time of need. (The Main 6 and the Flash Drive(Flash, Ringo, and Brawly beats.). I am also thinking of doing something unique with Flash's past. He was a transfer student and at his old school, he was very much like Sunset except maybe a little more physical until someone he considered a father figure set him straight. Which is why he stayed with Sunset as a boyfriend for so long because he saw himself in her and tried to help her.

This might sound a little complicated.

What if someone wrote an Anon-A-Miss fic where the CMC successfully drive away Sunset but the Human 5 continue to neglect them. So they use Anon-A-Miss to split up the girls even further, with either Pinkie or Fluttershy getting cut first then AJ, Rainbow and Rarity get split up as well. Around this time, Pinkie and Shy figure out that Sunset is innocent and set about trying to clear her name

I was just thinking, has there ever been an AAM storyline where during the whole saga, around the time the CMC confess to their sisters (minus Sunset). Sunset is later notified by the girls via text and they all apologise.

At this point she is unsure if she wants to forgive them or leave them and return to Equestria. Then, she happens to meet her human counterpart. After a long and awkward conversation where Human Sunset somehow believes that Equestria exists, Sunset also explains the AAM saga and after a long talk between the two, Human Sunset makes friends with the Human 5 while Pony Sunset returns to Equestria.

If not been done, this idea is up for grabs.

Cryosite
Group Admin

I have no idea if it has been done before. As with all ideas, even if it has been done before there is no stopping anyone from taking any idea they like and creating the story they wish from it. A basic idea like the one you describe is not "owned." You could tell dozens of stories from it, all vastly different.

I personally wish everyone would give up on Anon-A-Miss stories entirely because the base premise is terrible. It is an automatic piece of evidence that a writer is bad if their story is based upon that bad comic. End of story (I wish).

It is an automatic piece of evidence that a writer is bad if their story is based upon that bad comic. End of story (I wish).

While I can respect your opinion I don't believe that that is the case. Look at Myriad Thoughts it's based on the premise that people say stupid things when they're angry, but they end up regretting it later.

By the way this is for Cryosite.

Jondor
Group Admin

No anger is involved. Anon-a-Miss is utter garbage, full stop. Its plot doesn't make sense, it doesn't follow canon, and it does inspire edgelords to pollute this site and group with even more garbage based on its flawed premise.

This is not anger speaking, this is truth.

This is not anger speaking, this is truth.

Undeadking wasn't referring to Cryosite. They were referring to the anger present in Anon-a-Miss.

Jondor
Group Admin

Anon-a-Miss is diabolical. It even destroys reading comprehension during conversations about it.

Cryosite
Group Admin

You can press the ">>" button next to a post to insert code that will "reply" to a person and notify them that you replied to them.

I'm unwilling to spend a portion of my life reading something related to, inspired by, a fix of, or otherwise bearing the Anon-A-Miss label. Find better things to write about, I suggest.

So basically you are unwilling to listen to anyone's opinion but your own? You would pass someone's story up just because it is related to Anon-A-Miss, and that all stories must be bad if they dare use it as inspiration...I'm sorry that you have limited yourself so.

Cryosite
Group Admin

I have several hundred stories still on my Read Later and have read over two thousand so far. Millions of horsewords and a substantial amount of time reading them and still to read.

There are several categories of stories I filter out and don't bother reading because they aren't worth my time. For example: anything using the [self-insert], [anon], or [2nd person] tags. Anything Displaced, Beanis, and several other memes or trends. Several ships.

Your attempt at claiming the moral highground is ironic considering the topic.

Your attempt at claiming the moral highground is ironic considering the topic.

:rainbowlaugh: Touche. Honestly I just wanted to share an atypical Anon-A-Miss story to see if you would change your thinking a little. Even if you never read it then there is still the chance that others will. Have a pleasant afternoon good sir.

That sounds intriguing.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 124