Naruto Ponies 180 members · 38 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Now, don't get me wrong, I love Naruto. When it's good, it's pretty great, and it was my first exposure to the whacky world of anime. The character designs are pretty good (for the most part), the VA is solid, it has just enough humor sprinkled in to prevent me from wanting to hang myself from the dreariness, and it has some damn good music (Part One, at least). But...

Plot-wise, it's barely functioning at best and straight up fucking garbage at worst. My best friend, Prince Conjure, and I periodically discuss this, complaining about things such as inconsistent universe rules, the apparent fear of an actual antagonist that's just straight up a bad person, wasting character's potential, and unclear jutsu explanations. We normally have sensible, critical discussion on the show that eventually devolves into me yelling about Boruto and how full of hit Kishimoto is for saying he planned for Naruto to end up with Hinata from the very beginning. Now, why am I telling you all this?

Because last night, our typical conversation became very atypical. As we were talking, I said something to the effect of "Fixing Naruto wouldn't even be hard. Just move some stuff around, insert some plot points, and delete some facets of the series". Conjure, probably half-joking, said "Well, then let's do it!". Little did he know... That idea is brilliant! As such, he and I will be "fixing" Naruto, in fanfic form. It's a long way down the road to completion, and it may not even be published, but we intend to create a "perfect" version of Naruto and Naruto: Shippuuden. In order to do that, we need your help.

Surely there are things in Naruto that bug the hell out of you. What are they? How could they potentially be fixed? We could really use your help, because our research starts today and, if we know what we're looking for, we can find it much easier.

Thank you for your time. Dattebayo!

How about the fact that Chakra is early on stated to be the combination of physical and spiritual energies and is something that can be replenished in the body.

But by virtue of Kaguya and the Chakra Fruit, it's implied that there is some finite amount of Chakra. Since Energy can't be created or destroyed, and all Chakra came from that fruit, and Kaguya states flat out that everyone's chakra is 'her' chakra...

I don't know, this just kinda bugs the crap out of me, but then, I liked the last few chapters of Shippuuden a lot better when they were called Dragonball Z, so...

If I had to say anything, I'd say we never did have true NaruHina development to justify the ending ship (Even though it IS my preferred over NaruSaku a MILE wide). I mean it was FAR better than the way Bleach had Ichigo end up with Orihime (When we had no literal development form Ichigo's end on even LIKING Orihime in that way). So yeah, maybe add a few of those instances in there, and the ship works.

Sharingan needs to stay SHARINGAN! None of this bullshit where it becomes the Rinnegan. Or if it DOES, make it so that the Byakugan can ALSO become the Rinnegan, because Sharingan users were basically the top-tier of the universe, by virtue of birth and chance.

Work more on the motives behind some of the characters. I like Obito (Past and Present) but people seemed to be stuck on the idea that he turned crazy only because Rin died, when it was more than just that. Make it pretty Obvious why Rin is the reason he went crazy.

Itachi's Slaughtering of the Uchiha Clan - Do I even NEED to explain what's wrong with this? The very fact that he slaughtered ALL Uchiha in the shinobi continent, is downright ridiculous. I also find it hard to believe that he'd slaughter ALL the children who were innocent in this whole charade.

Itachi's stupid idea on how to get Sasuke to become powerful, and the like. - Someone with HALF a BRAIN would think like ONE step ahead, and go "Wait a minute, doesn't this have a HUGE chance of backfiring? Let's rethink this" <- ESPECIALLY when he kills all the children in the clan, leaving Sasuke ISOLATED, and without anyone to grieve with.

We need to buff Kakuzu, or Nerf Hashirama and Madara, because there is NO WAY that guy survived fighting the first Hokage. Nuh-uh, literally no chance. As certain Youtuber, SwagKage, would say "Oh you have five hearts, well I got ONE THOUSAND HANDS FOR YA!".

Let's just cut the whole Prophecy child thing out. Mostly because it undermines who Naruto is, and just caused Power Creep the levels of DBZ.

I don't think its that complicated. It's that fact that People can only use so much chakra at anyone moment, you can exhaust the body, which would make using it dangerous, and difficult. An exhausted body, produces less Physical energy, which lowers your chakra output. I.E. Chakra Exhaustion.

Kaguya is a GODDESS. She probably doesn't have a limit of physical limitations, and as such, can keep shacking out chakra like its going out of style.

5700111 Wasn't really referring to Chakra exhaustion. Was more referring to 'conservation of ninjutsu,' which basically means that with there being a single source for the chakra of all people, eventually as the population increases, the chakra levels/capacity of ninja would decrease, meaning successively weaker and weaker shinobi.

As for Kaguya, her massive power came from the fruit, and even if she can replenish her chakra naturally like the ninja's do (as energy can change forms, and the ninja's bodies convert energy to chakra from cellular and soul energies), she would still have a limit or peak, and wouldn't be able to just create chakra from nothing. Kaguya was WORSHIPED and FEARED as a goddess, but she was not ACTUALLY a goddess.

Thanks for the fuel, I will be heavily considering both of those points.

Frankly, I kinda hate the idea of Kaguya completely. Or, at the very least, she should be a force that existed from the very beginning. As it is now, she kinda just came out of nowhere.

But you forget, that you can TRAIN to get your chakra capacity up. Even if it gets weaker as its passed down , People can still regain what was lost in transition, and possibly even surpass it.

Look at it this way:

Yes the capacity that the previous generation had was diminished, but that genes that created the bodies of those generations were passed down as well. Such that the next gen would have a genetic advantage in being able to attain that level, and surpass, because they can gain it back faster.

You're going to need to reference me on this whole "Conservation of ninjutsu' because I don't remember anything like that from the series.

Especially when you consider how good the Rank-C jutsu Gokyaku is, even when its known by a good amount of people.

I think just making her a Goddess might suffice. I did like the fruit idea though, mostly because it made it something unique to the Naruto world.

None of this, anyone from a crossover, can just show up, and attain chakra, like it used to be a couple years ago.

5700237 Yes, they can up their capacity, but there is still the floating idea of a finite chakra pool that all ninjas are linked to.

Conservation of Ninjutsu is not a Naruto thing, it is a common trope for action-adventure, fighting-type series. It's one of the in-universe reasons the Sith in Star Wars follow the Rule of Two, or why in DC's Flashpoint Paradox, Reverse Flash can keep Flash from actively using the Speed Force.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjutsu

I don't think you can apply "conservation of Ninjutsu" in this manner, mostly because that trope shouldn't affect the universal growth of the backgrounds of characters.

Yes there will always be characters who are shining stars, in the realms of the anonymous other ninja, but that doesn't change the fact that by the canon of the show, there is no such thing as a finite chakra pool. That's just straight up putting a cap on what can be possible.

Actually, in many ways, Naruto is the epitome of the trope. His primary ability is to create a veritable army, but his power is divided among them. Kakashi states that the reason for four-man squads is that larger numbers become slow and clunky. Comes up in the Sasori fight, in that the more puppets he uses, the harder they are to control.

It's not just about character development and growth. The examples here are a few mentioned on the trope page, to the point that they were literally top of the list.

First Nruto being an idiot. For one i hate protagonist that are stupid, while he should not be allready amazing at the start of the show(cough kirito from sao cough) he should at least be abel to unsestand concepts nd be at the very least a fast learner. Second, naruto would have been physically assaulted by the villagers. Come one, in the real world if a child had a demon sealed in him he would be beaten by the populace. Third, there should be times were naruto kills, if this was real, he would have too. Fourth, he needs to relize that sasuke is to far gone and he needs to be put down. Dont get me wrong, i like sasuke, but he is a traitor who is to far gone to be saved. Fifth, if he is ment to be with hinata he needs to have feeling for her since at the most, when he saved her from bullies, and at least during chunin exams. And there relationship needs to build up normally, not were goona have sex right after we start dating like i see ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME! Also she should be on the same team as him, gives there relation ship time to grow. Allright now this is more stuff that i beive would defentily make things more interesting. For one he could have a chakra bloodline like scorch release, or the rinnegan that develobs through out the story, not be all powerful right away. Also nothing pulled out of his ass all the god danm time. Also i personaly belive kyubi should be female and a mother figure to him. Also he should have always of had his suspicion about her, but never tried to confirm it. Also yes he meets her after the gennin exams. No she would not be a good person, but she would not be bad either, she would be very kind and loving towards Naruto when they are not training, but when he they are she is a god danm sadist. Also she can get extrammly protective of him, to the poin were the worst thing you could do to piss her off is try to hurt or kill him. Thats her job. Also personally his charecter design should be a bit diffrent. A bit of red in his hair, and his hair is a bit darker in color. He could also have hexochromia were he has a left blue eye and a right purple eye or vice versa. Make him more difrent from everyone else, who only have one eye color and one hair color, to further cement the divide he has with the rest of the village. Also he should be a bit more mature then he is in tje beginning, he was a former street rat, he would have had to grow up quickly. Also due to him being a orphan he should have a bit more fit build, mabey a 4 pack. Also we need to see his child hood on flashbacks early on. Also, no god danm orange jumpsuit, his orange hoodie is fine though. I actually prefer that outfit. Also he should be fifteen, three years thee rest of the rookie nines senior. That way the, he failed three times makes sense. Also make him more analitic of people, as he would have been a street rat and needed to learn how to read people to survive. Also he should know Kakashi before they become team seven, as kakashi would try to reach out to his sensei's son. Also there needs to be a bit of hints to the truth of the Uchiha Massacre early on, as a way to make sure its not shoved down our throats. Also mention Akustki early on and so that way it helps build them up for when wee first meet them. There might be more later on but fpr now thats it.

Necromancer and Wall of text

Necromancer= You bringing back a dead thread

Wall of text= Look at your post and try and read it without going to a line that you already read or skipped

It never hapeens to me and i saw it and decides why not put ir here. So ya.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15