Nostalgic Cartoon Network 289 members · 120 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
EnderBrony
Group Admin

I assume a lot of you have seen Adult Swim's new show Rick and Morty, So I'm making this thread so that we can all share out thoughts about it.

This new show... Where do I even begin. Just by looking at the Promo, I could tell that Rick and Morty was going to be a ridiculous, insane, and completely hilarious show...

For starters, the promo pretty much only showed scenes from the very first episode of the show, and I was already laughing so hard that tears were streaming down my face. The incredible thing is that the promo didn't even show half of the funny moments from the first episode, and still managed to make me laugh. I've seen promos for other shows have a large majority of funny scenes from an entire season, and still no be anywhere near as good as this one.

The animation style is unique, smooth, and easy to adapt to. The concept, while not entirely unique, is still a great one that I hope will give this show a promising future. As far as I can tell, the characters are somewhat okay(I haven't learned all of their names yet, so you'll have to forgive me). Morty's father seems to be a somewhat caring figure who does not seem to have a fond liking of Rick. Morty's mother is a horse surgeon who seems to care much about her father, going as far as to defend him, despite the fact that he is ruining Morty's education. Morty's sister... average teenage girl as far as I can tell at this point.

Now for the main characters. Morty is a young high school boy(I have yet to know his age) who might be a bit slow. He seems to be have a well enough relationship with his parents(unsure about his sister, as there has been little to no direct interaction between them yet.). He gets very nervous very fast, as seen when he and Rick get sent to another dimension, and he says he's building up a lot of anxiety. He also seems to be more of a lackey, as he usually takes orders from others(particularly Rick).

Now for Rick. Rick is obviously a heavy drinker, but that doesn't stop him from being a genius(in a way). He has created many machines from simple items, such as his flying care and portal gun. He seems to have a somewhat good relationship with his grandson, as he is always bringing him on their "adventures", so that Morty will have real world experience. He also seems to have a good relationship with his daughter, as she has allowed him to live with them, despite his habit of taking Morty from school and whatnot. The only thing that I don't like about Rick is the fact that in every sentence, he belches at least once, which makes it slightly difficult to understand him. He also seems to have some sort of substance on his lower lip, spreading to his chin most of the time.

Based on what I have seen from the show so far, I want to rate it a 4 out of 5. I'm rating it this because I don't want to be too generous, in case the rest of the episodes don't live up to what the pilot set them up to be. I personally believe that this show has a promising outcome, and I await future episodes. Be sure to tell me your personal opinions on the show in the comments.

I'm sorry if this discussion isn't the best, as I am somewhat new at things like this. Plus, the show is still very new, so I don't have a lot to work with at this point. However, If ya'll like it, be sure to tell me, and I might do discussions on a few other shows on CN and Adult Swim. Until then, that's all for now.

I haven't seen it yet.

All I want to say is...more Space Ghost!

The show is what I like to think of as the side quests of 'Back to the Future'.

Best new show of this TV season. Rick n Morty #1, True Detective #2.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4