Mormon Bronies 109 members · 233 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
All of the Above
Group Contributor

I don't have a good excuse for missing last week. I was very tired, and spent that Sunday sleeping. I'm just as tired as I was then, however, I'm not going to let myself miss another week. And three attempts at writing this are not going to stop me.

So, let's talk about King David. King David was one of the most influential kings in all of Israel. His influence has spread for generations. And we also have an excellent lesson that we must learn. Even though King David was a great king, his personal life was falling apart.

If you know your bible stories, you would know that King David had let himself fall to temptation. One night, King David went to his balcony to behold the night. However, while looking around, he saw a beautiful woman bathing herself. David observed her, lusting after her. He found out that it was this woman was named Bathsheba, the wife of one of his soldiers, Uriah. King David sent Uriah to a a battle where David knew that he would be killed. And Uriah did die. And while Bathsheba mourned her husband, David took her in and married her.

King David had broken two of the Ten Commandments. Thou shall not commit adultery, and thou shall not commit murder. David thought that he could hide his sins away, but a prophet named Nathan came to David and told him that God knew what he did, and that David was going to be published.

The lesson to be learned here is that we should not let ourselves fall into temptation. King David made the mistake of not looking away. And that mistake led to him to a long line of sin and regret. We can look away, and ignore the temptation. We can avoid the long line of sins by recognizing that what we're seeing is wrong, and that we should turn our heads and forget it.

-Joe

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1