Tyrant Sparkle 1,402 members · 355 stories
Comments ( 69 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 69
ymom2
Group Admin

Lord Triek has been defeated and his magic consolidated into Twilight Sparkle. With much fanfare and jubilation ponies are restored of their magic, celebrating the defeat of yet another threat by the great Princess Twilight Sparkle. However, there is a subtle secret that few are privy to. Three ponies plus chimera have not been restored to full power. Such power sits sits safely in the hooves of a certain purple princess- for safekeeping of course.

For better or for worse the balance of power has thoroughly shifted. Though four still sit on four thrones, the real power lies behind the smallest throne. The strings of power have changed hooves. Why has Twilight Sparkle done this? What is she planning to do with this magical power? Will this lead to a better Equestria? An effortless coup? An abusive dictatorship? A frightening practical joke? Will anyone even notice? Is there any other power in Equestria or in the world itself able to stand against the hidden might of the purple princess?

This is for you to decide.

The winning stories will be prominently featured in the folder system, on the front page, and in any other participating groups.

For this competition there are two categories:

One Shot/Short Story
-You have one month to complete story.
-Story can be of any length you can make it in one month.
-Stories must be complete.

Epic/Long Story
-You have 3-4 months to submit the story.
-Story can be of any length.
-Stories do not have to be complete or can be the beginning of a series.

Rules:
-To submit a fic, the author should add the story to the competition folder.
-Story does not have to exactly follow the prompt, but it should be simmilar.
-Story description should have a small link indicating it is being submitted to this competition.
-Deadlines may be extended depending on circumstances.

Stories will be judged by representatives of each group wishing to participate. If you wish for a group you admin in to participate then PM me.

Groups that are/will be participating
Twilight's Kingdom
BadassTwilight = Total Domination (kinda)

Good luck and have fun!

KaBar42
Group Admin

Are Humans allowed?

ymom2
Group Admin

Why you do this? I can't resist a competition when it's this interesting. Urgh... I'll submit something to one of these categories. I'll say which one once I've decided what I'm going to write up.

Ok, I have two questions.

1) What is the actual deadline for a submitted fic. (for each catagory)
2) What is the process for submitting a fic to this contest.

ymom2
Group Admin

1) June 12 for the short category and August 12 for the long category unless many people ask for an extension then the latest will be August 31.

2) To submit a story, the author must add the story under the competition folder in the appropriate sub-folder and make a small link to this forum page in the story description indicating participation in this contest.

3274768 Thank you. As much as I have things I SHOULD be working on, this looks like too much fun to not do.

I look forward to not only participating, but seeing what others come up with for stories.

ymom2
Group Admin

3275219 Cool! Good luck! Remember, that you do not have to follow the prompt exactly. I too look forward to seeing the stories.

I think I'll enter the contest. I already had something in mind along the lines of the prompt anyway.

Best of luck, everyone. :twilightsmile:

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

Sooo other than the time frame what is the difference between short and long:rainbowhuh:

ymom2
Group Admin

3290130 Nothing except time frame and the short one must be complete.

ymom2
Group Admin

3294608 Hmm, I would love to see this. You could submit it to the long section if you wanted.

ymom2
Group Admin

I think we have some relevant fanart!

And just like that, Twilight Sparkle realized what her purpose was.

For months now, she had questioned why she had become the newest Equestrian princess. Celestia, in all her glory, raised the Sun and was the chief executive of the land; Luna ruled beside her sister, protected the night, and raised the Moon; finally Cadence watched over the Crystal Empire with the love of her life.

But Twilight? She smiled. She waved. She lowered banners and made for a lovely decoration.

This all changed when the other princesses gave Twilight their power. Twilight wasted no time mastering the intense bursts of magical energy that now rippled through her entire being. She had easily defeated Tirek: crushing him with only a few blasts. Standing over him now she gathered her energy, preparing a spell that would suck the stolen magic out of his lifeless form and transfer it to her. Soon she would have all the magic in Equestria. Soon she would fulfill her true purpose.

Soon she would become the new Queen.

3274768 I have made my submission

ymom2
Group Admin

3334986 Awesome! You have until August 12 to improve your submission however you deem necessary. Remember to put a small link in the description indicating submission to this contest.

Thanks for your submission!

3335907 thank you for reminding me about the link. Gonna be heading back home soon to work on the next chapter.

I'm pleased to finally have a competitor. You will see another one of my stories join yours in the folder in due time...

3336386 I look forward to this

P.S. Nice work on getting yours featured as well. That makes two from two in this competition :rainbowkiss:

3336400 Thank you. It has surprised me how well it is doin so far

Mine too. I expect this to be a close one. :trixieshiftleft:

I seem to have hit a bit of a problem. I didn't really know about this contest until recently, and had been quite occupied with things, which caused it to slip my mind. Now I have the notion of writing a short story for it, but I don't feel a week is enough time, considering I have another project on my plate that takes up most of my time.

Because there are so few entries, and there is such an enormous gap between the short and long fic entries, would it be possible to have an extension for this?

IMN

When is the deadline on this competition? I think I can have a story within the weekend, So I want to be sure there is still time for that

ymom2
Group Admin

3336782 Alright you can have an extension. Unless there are objections by other competitors, the new deadline is June 15th.

These two desire clarity, Sire J

ymom2
Group Admin

June 15th for short story category.

Thanks. Hopefully I can manage something worthwhile.

IMN

Thank you,

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

Alright I submitted my story to the site.
Lets see how well a story written in under an hour can do:pinkiecrazy:

Perhaps I'll get writing again...it's been a long time.

Huh, how odd :D I was working on a story today, but after 2 chapters I ran out of 'drive' suddenly... reading this gave me a fresh idea for a direction to take the story :D This should be fun! :twilightsheepish:

Thanks for the extension. Here is my entry.

ymom2
Group Admin

Welp, the deadline has passed for the short story category. I have been busy with my new job and I started playing WoW on a free server with my IRL friends which has sapped up my time. So, sorry for the delay. If you still want to turn in a story you can still do it but will probably be cut off shortly after I contact the judges and we begin judging. There have been some awesome stories! I cannot wait to see what the judges judge!

Good luck to you all.

3371236 Well, my fic is for the long fic/epic side of the competition, so I am golden still.

IMN

No worries, I already submitted one for the long epic category... thanks for the heads up anyway.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

Hey I decided to make a continuation of my entry, but I plan on cleaning up what I have so far. So if you could let me know when the judges are done with my story, so I can post the cleaned up version.

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, curse you! Such an interesting concept but i'm already busy writing up a story.

ymom2
Group Admin

3435168 Blame Knightly's removal of group notifications.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

He needs to fix that already, damnit.
Also can I pretty up my story yet, it's starting to become an eyesore

ymom2
Group Admin

3440084 Update your story.

xTSGx
Group Admin

My review/judging thing is now complete. Thanks to all the contestants who entered. For those who don't wish to read through my crappy writing, the scores are:
Tyrant (****)
Hope? (******)
Miasma (***)
The Ultimate Alicorn (****)
Queen Twilight Sparkle (****)

Y'all finally got that competition I was promising! :rainbowdetermined2:
Biker v IMN v Ceru in the long-shots now. May the best (man) win.

IMN

Things are heating up around here, well it's about time :trollestia:

Good luck to all participants.

So, August 12, then. Guess I'd better haul arse :twilightsheepish:

I would like to ask for an extension on my multi-parter if I may. My new children are taking up a considerable amount of my time. :ajsleepy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 69