FIMFiction UserScripts 383 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Waterpear
Group Contributor

EDIT 27 Feb 2016: Since site banners no longer exist on this site, and since images are collapsed on story/blog comment threads, much of the motivation for this script has been obviated. As such, I don't use this script anymore, and it is no longer maintained.

This script removes items I consider to be obnoxious, or that take up far too much space on small screens:

* the site banner
* group banners
* the "please disable AdBlock" boxes (I know we already have a script for that, but it was easy to add that in)
* GIFs
* embedded YouTube videos

The latter two are replaced with buttons, in case you wish to view them anyway.

A known issue: GIFs and videos aren't removed if you switch comment pages.

You can download the script at http://cadrpear.tx0.org/pone/remove-obnoxious-items.user.js.

I've made several group banners myself. Hmph.

Waterpear
Group Contributor

Most group banners look fine, and I have nothing against them! It's just that, on a 1024x600 screen, the banner, site controls, and group controls combined take up all the vertical space!

2337266 of the topic a bit, but where did you get that Cadence, and how you did that she's visible as pic instead of link?

That would be a script known as the Emote Extender.

ssokolow
Group Contributor

I think the "visible as a pic instead of a link" part is just a side-effect of this being a forum thread rather than a story comment thread.

2339465 2339695 Thanks!
I have to test them on some story, to see if they're hidden there.

ssokolow
Group Contributor

Here's a CSS adaptation of "Remove Obnoxious Items" for Stylish.

I couldn't get toggle-on-click behaviour, but it does give you more choices and it will automatically work with AJAX-loaded comments since it's declaring new style rules that get applied automatically to anything new that may arrive.

What do you think?

ssokolow
Group Contributor

Make sure you disable the script and reload after posting since it may incorporate a fix for what you see that doesn't alter what others see.

2340782 Thanks a lot, I've been using it and like it very much!

LunaTheFox
Group Contributor

They're disabled everywhere except forum posts since they turn into obnoxious (and rather spammy) image spoilers everywhere else. One of these days I'll make them work in blog posts (not blog comments), too.

The script only adds images, so everyone can see the emotes regardless of whether or not they have the script installed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11