FIMFiction UserScripts 383 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30
Sollace
Group Admin

Inspired by the Follower Stalker, Nosey Hound allows you to see what changes that have been made to a user's followers. It addresses some of Follower Stalker's limitations and adds some of it's own functionality.

Latest Version: 2.2.4

More information and a download link are available at the Download Page.

Selbi
Group Admin

I don't even know what point there is in keeping my thing up anymore. You people make me feel unworthy. D:

3372799 Ey up, got an error for you. On a page without any follower list I get an alert dialogue that says

Nosey Hound: TypeError: Cannot read property 'getAttribute' of undefined

Sollace
Group Admin

Can you test it again with the updated version?

--Sollace

3743549 Yep, that's fixed it.

Selbi
Group Admin

Do you mind telling me what you did? I tried to fix your script on my own (I was curious how you created that wonderful thing, anyway), but failed. Just general curiosity. :twilightsmile:

Sollace
Group Admin

I suspect the error he got was due to the changes knighty made. All I did was update the selectors to work with the new layout. linky

--Sollace

Selbi
Group Admin

Oh... I thought I needed to fundamentally change the whole script. Didn't expect the tag names to get changed.

Welp, thanks for telling me!

ocalhoun
Group Contributor

Ooh, this is nice!
Had to reinstall all my scripts, and yeah, I'll be replacing follower stalker with this.
Especially nice how you made it recognize user name changes (no idea how you did that, but I love it!)
That was a major difficulty with the old one, having user name changes reported as losing one follower and gaining a different one.

3372799 This one doesn't work anymore, are you going to update it by any chance?

Sollace
Group Admin

Of course!

You can assume all of my scripts will get updated eventually unless stated otherwise.

--Sollace

3907692 Well, I'm hoping for a new version that works and I wish you well this Christmas. :D

Selbi
Group Admin

Fimfic messed with the way Ajax works for some security stuff. As a result, Nosey Hound broke. There appears to be a single Ajax request in your script.

Xaquseg
Server Administrator

In this particular case, it looks like the URL is just wrong. That endpoint, like other public-read endpoints, lacks security functions like that. The scripts that are likely to be in for some painful adjustments are scripts doing write calls or reading data that requires you be logged in, as most of those endpoints are protected.

5066441 So... is this userscript going to be able to fixed?

Pretty please say yes.

Xaquseg
Server Administrator

It should be as simple as changing the URL in the single AJAX call, possibly some minor changes to the code surrounding that.

It should be noted that in general it's possible to fix any script, it's just a question of difficulty. Worst-case I can provide an explanation of what steps are involved in computing the signature, as none of the security of the logic depends on the implementation being secret or anything.

I would however like to avoid that as it's theoretically possible that we may make adjustments and/or fix bugs later, and it should be possible for most scripts to call the javascript functions the site itself uses to perform the actual operations.

Performing the signing operation without help from the site's own source requires some slightly tricky logic and a working sha256() implementation, so it's not exactly simple...

3768860 Which scripts are you using?

Sollace
Group Admin

I just got online, I be going to update the script as soon as I can.

5067112 His comment was over a year ago, bud. :P

Sollace
Group Admin

Eeyup, I don't get a lot of activity in here. :twilightsheepish:

5067579 I know, but it's still more relevant asking him here than spamming his user page.

ocalhoun
Group Contributor

These days, not much.

But I am using one I requested that tallies up the view count of all stories of a user when I look at the list of their stories.

Still hoping to one day see one that makes adding to groups easier.

I am using one I requested that tallies up the view count of all stories

Do you, perhaps, know where I could find this addon?

one that makes adding to groups easier.

I'm desperate for something like this, also. Not sure why knighty doesn't just make a usable interface for it.

ocalhoun
Group Contributor

Do you, perhaps, know where I could find this addon?

Um... it's somewhere in this group?
It's been a long time...

Selbi
Group Admin

5072749 5073424
#installed

It's hard to tell which one got broken in the last site update and which one still works. None of the ones I see on Fimfiction scripts have been updated in 2016. Is there like a list of working scripts anywhere?

Selbi
Group Admin

5073431 There simply are too many scripts to take care of for that to properly work. I know that most of my own scripts work because I use them myself, but I can't speak for many of the other ones.

But this is also why broken scripts should simply be reported. It's more efficient for everyone.

5073754 Is there a list of all available scripts for Fimfiction anywhere?

Selbi
Group Admin

5074556 This forum should host them all.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30