Random Romance 368 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Time to get rolling on the next coupling! This month we picked names from the Random Request list, and it looks to be a very interesting one.

First up, the stallion that every (straight) mare in Ponyville has eyes on:

Big McIntosh! And the lucky lady who gets to be his center of attention?

Canterlot superhotty Fleur de Lis!

Heck, I'm not sure which one's luckier. :twilightblush: This should lead to some interesting material, if I do say so myself. Contest entries are due Friday, January the 31st! Happy writing!

Ogod...I love Fleur so much. If I hadn't just started a FleurPie story, I'd be all over this.

Danger Beans
Group Admin

Damned good pairing. MaybeI'll finally be able to enter one of these contests.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Damned good pairing.

I know, right? :yay:

I'm still on the fence about entering - I've got a lot on my plate already - but it's sooooo tempting. This was my pairing requests way back when, as you may recall, and it would be a shame if I missed out. :fluttershysad:

punzil504
Group Contributor

Might be able to get dramatic_spoon in on this one... Crisis of Infinite Offspring and all...

*facepalm* Fleur le Blanc. Her name, is Fleur le Blanc. It's French, and I did translations for all her given names.
Fleur dis Lee = flower say lee
Fleur de Lis = fleur de lis
Fleur le Blanc = White flower

Which one sounds right?

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

My answer: Fleur de Lis. That sounds right to me. If other people want to use different names, more power to them.

Le sigh... Too bad submissions have to be teen or less.
I could see this as a fantastic pairing for a clopfic, but they don't excite me much as a romantic pair.

Some canon sources (notably the Gameloft game) give her name as Fleur Lis Dee. :rainbowhuh:

I prefer Fleur De LIs

punzil504
Group Contributor

Big McIntosh is one of the few stallions that shippers are unafraid to pair up with anypony, probably because he is the most developed stallion on the show in terms of character. The downside to this is that... well, he's been shipped with almost every mare on the show, as well as Braeburn, Caramel, Soarin, Spike, Discord, Sombra, and Smarty Pants (think something like Pygmalion/Pinocchio) He's in the Top Hat, and deservedly so. He's probably Ponyville's most eligible bachelor, and was even before the CMC tried to set him up with Cheerilee. Hardworking, slow to anger, but not afraid to tell it like it is. Represents the Element of Loyalty in Bed Head's Flipside. Not particularly chatty, but doesn't have to be limited to "Eeyup" and "Nope" either to be in character... "laconic" might describe him better. He doesn't mince words.

Fleur... is a bit of an enigma. She received her second in-show appearance in "Rarity Takes Manehattan" as a background pony, but she's really an "uncarved block" as far as potential goes. In both episodes, she was with Fancy Pants in at least one of the scenes, and thus headcanon often has the two dating or married. In the Lunaverse, she is a reformed cat burglar masquerading as a vapid fool. Wanderer D's Sweetie Chronicles (in a crossover with Capn_Chrysallid's Best Night Ever / Platinum Crown) has her tutoring Sweetie Belle in poise, grace... and dueling magic. Some fics have her in the "rags to riches" role with Fancy Pants as her benefactor. Very seldom is she actually portrayed as snobbish and shallow, usually due to Fancy Pants' generally positive image (contrasting with Jet Set, Upper Crust, and Blueblood).

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

All this is fascinating, but it avoids the primary question:

Are you in or out?

I see a surprising opportunity in this pairing for me, but I'm having trouble setting it up in my head. This was my suggested pairing in the first place, but now that it's up I'm struggling to think of some way to write them together and be somewhat original. I'm not sure if I'll be doing anything; I tend to only join these if I get a burst of inspiration towards the concept, and right now one's not coming to me. I think my set Fleur headcanon just wouldn't be interested.

punzil504
Group Contributor

I honestly don't have anything at the moment... maybe the vaguest notion of something of a Green Acres idea with Fleur leaving the city for a country life with Mac. Or possibly the reverse where Mac's knowledge of Fancy Mathematics get him noticed in either Canterlot of Manehattan.

I'm really going to need more time to brainstorm before I jump in. That and I have some artwork to finish that's way overdue.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

To quote Archimedes: EUREKA! I now have a solid FleurXBigMac concept!

Now to find the time to write it. :fluttershyouch:

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

I'm somewhere between halfway and 2/3 through my entry, and...yeah. It's definitely hit Creepytown. This time quite literally.

I'm looking forward to reactions. I probably won't win with it, but ooh, am I having fun. :pinkiecrazy:

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Okay, I have an entry. Where's my competition? :trixieshiftright:

Danger Beans
Group Admin

Over in Sunny Town.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

What?! My story was not meant to make it sound like a tourist attraction! :fluttershbad:

Well, I guess that means less competition in the end, right? :pinkiecrazy:

Okay! So I actually got my act on and threw some shizzle together. I'll be uploading it soon, but where should I put it? Like, my entry thing.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

It is? :rainbowderp:

I have no idea why you're telling me, it's not like I had anything to do with such a foolish error! :scootangel:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21