Random Romance 368 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
PaulAsaran
Group Admin

So I've been made temporary evil dictator while Danger Beans is off doing... whatever it is Beans do. The first thing I want to do is try and improve member activity, and this is what immediately came to mind.

Everyone likes comments, but sometimes it seems nobody likes to leave 'em! Do you have a story that seems woefully unappreciated? Or maybe you're just looking for some feedback. Even a simple thumbs up is better than silence. This thread is to help everyone gain a comment or two... via trading!

How it works:
You, our intrepid members, shall post a link to a story you want a comment for on this thread. If you find a story you're interested in, read it and comment! When you do, be sure to mention that you found the story from this thread.

If you receive a comment from someone leading back to this thread, you should find a story written by that author and comment back! Hence, we trade comments for comments. Simple and fair, no?

Some rules:
1) This is a romance group! Keep it in-genre, people. Stories posted to this thread without the romance tag will be deleted!

2) You only have to comment on stories posted in this thread. If you comment on somebody's story and you don't have one posted here, the other guy doesn't have to comment back! In short, if you want a guaranteed comment back, make sure you've got a story posted here.

3) Be sure to mention in your comment that you found the story here! Otherwise how will the receiver know to come look for something by you?

4) No complaining that somebody only read one chapter of your gargantuan story. There's no obligation to read a 200,000-word epic here.

5) In relation to #4, no linking multiple chapters of the same story! If spotted such links will be deleted. Sequels are fine.

6) This is about fairness. If an author comments on your story you are required to comment on a story posted in this thread by that author! If I get several complaints about somebody not returning the favor I will delete that person's link.

7) Don't go complaining that somebody said something negative about your story. Just because we're sharing comments doesn't mean your literary flaws will be ignored or that every comment will be a slap on the back. If you can't take constructive critique, stay out of the thread.

8) Last but not least, be civil!

And a Tip
Don't just slap down a link and say "comment please!" Tell us about it. The inspiration, the concept, even just a little summary. Otherwise we'll have absolutely no reason to read your story, and you'll be left wondering why you're being ignored.

For the Future
If this picks up any real steam I'll talk to Danger Beans about maybe starting a story folder specifically for comment sharing.

My new story Diary of a Cheated Mare and a Mare In Love Needs some feedback. The concept came purely on the cover art. I started writing journal entry's everyday, and started editing them. It is sad/romance/slice of life.

It is about Diamond Tiara and Sweetie Belle loving the same colt, but that colt may break some hearts. A journal entry like fic.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Oh oh, me first! EDIT: correction, me second. :fluttershysad:

Trixie vs. Equestria!

I just started this story a couple days ago. The inspiration? Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. This isn't a comedy, it just takes a lot of the Scott Pilgrim concepts and puts a MLP twist to it. This is for those who like Trixie and Luna!

Does this mean Luna has seven evil exes Trixie must vanquish?

Yes. Yes it does.

I pinkie pie swear I'll read both of these when i get a chance but I am still trying to finish my random romance entry at the moment. Protip: if you start your contest entry a week before the deadline YOU WILL HAVE PAIN :raritydespair: .

Both of these sound interesting though so I look forward to both of them.

Edit:GAH! I forgot to quote comet tail. I feel so scummy.

Mayflies is probably the best thing I've written. It's about a dragon both characters know. It's a tragic romance.

My Old Apple Acre Home is probably my best story, and got featured a long time ago. It was also my first, but I still like to hear what people think of it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6