Random Romance 368 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
PaulAsaran
Group Admin

It's the first. That means the July/August contest is officially closed and the voting has commenced! This time we had two entries, and they look to be very interesting in very different ways.

One Day in Manehattan.
elmago02

Applejack had everything planned:

1)A quick visit to her Aunt and Uncle in Manehattan.(Check)

2)Spend the weekend with them. (Impossible at the moment)

3)Return to Ponyville. (Nope)

I find myself very curious. Pretty sure I've never read a fic featuring a gender-swapped Fancy Pants before. Actually, this is the first time we've ever had a contest entry featuring a gender swapped character, so :yay: for milestones!

Generosity, My Dear Applejack
Crystal Secret

Sometimes a good deed or a generous gift can truly go a long way: it can even form new friendships and take a pony places they weren't expecting to go. When a tragedy-stricken Applejack receives a letter in the mail, containing some money from a dear friend of hers, she sets in motion an impulsive series of events that change not only her life, but her heart.

I'm very interested in this one, considering it was edited and promoted by a good friend of mine. That's usually a sign of good things to come, but is it good enough to win? Ah, that's up to you.

Since we have no group notifications, I'm giving everyone two weeks to cast their vote instead of the old three-day routine. The usual rules apply: you can vote by comment or, if you prefer to remain anonymous, send me a PM. Please note that The Bean is out doing things in the real world and won't be available for a while, so don't send him any of your anonymous votes for this contest; he might not get back in time! Only one vote per member, as per usual, and no voting for yourself.

While I have your ear, check out the brand new group currency, Cadance Coins! Plenty of rewards for the active group members!

Voting ends Sunday the 14th. Thank you to our contestants, and good luck!

Hmmmm, I was planing not to vote for this because it is between 1 opponent and me, but voting gives 1 Cadance Coin. So I guess I vote for me "One day in Manehattan." Do I get double coins for commenting in this thread?

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Ah, but unfortunately you're not allowed to vote for yourself. Check it.

You could vote for your opposition. I always do.

Damn, then I vote for the opponent. Just want the CC.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

You got it.

I would like to vote for elmago02's One Day in Manehatten. :raritywink:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6