Random Romance 368 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Danger Beans
Group Admin

Hello, all! Well I've decided that Random Romance is going to resume normal operations come July :yay:
But first, I want to address an issue that's been bugging me for a while now:

Should Future Contests be on a Monthly or Bi-Monthly Basis?
As in, should we have a contest every month, or every other month.

Right now, with the monthly contest system, we can hold twelve contests a year, but contestants have only a month to write an entry, and this usually results in fewer entries overall.

If we switch to a bi-monthly contest system, contestants will have two months to write an entry, which would, in theory, result in more entries, but we will only have six contests a year, instead of twelve.

As our members, your input is important to us, and I'd like to hear your opinions on the matter.

Please put down any and all thoughts or concerns that you have below.

I don't really care, but I'd say maybe bi-monthly.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Being someone who can, when directing his attention to just one project, write something along the lines of 3-5k words a day, I never saw one month as being a short time period for entering a contest. But I understand that most people don't seem to have my knack for coming up with ideas on the fly and completing them in a week.

As loath as I am to limit the group to only six contests a year, I guess I'd have to go with bi-monthly purely for the sake of more participation. Part of me wants to enforce a word minimum in light of the extra time offered, but perhaps that's taking things too far.

How about bi monthly for one shots and monthly for long stories.

How about bi monthly for one shots and monthly for long stories.

3373339 I say bi monthly.
3373362 Shouldn't it be the other way around?

3373339 Every other month would probably be better. I will give people more time to try to write a good story.

3373381 I agree.

I think we should keep the one month rotation, but twice a year have a two month mega-contest. that way we can still get in at least 10 a year with two chances for bigger better stories. lets say we have one start in july and one start in january? august will be busy for everyone with school starting so there would be fewer entries anyway so we should just lump it in with july. And lumping jan and feb together will mean more stories for valentines. maybe we should just make that one a month and a half, and release on valentines. if we could think up of some big prizes for these contests like the right to chose a match up, or a setting( eg. space, carnival, space carnival.) for the next month, i bet we could get one or two more entries. really hype it up. offer the winner eternal glory, or the chance to meet twilight:twilightsmile:. Or find an artist willing to do a free sketch for the winner.

Personally I think we should give the bi-monthly a shot now, and potentially a shot after group announcements turn back on. The sad fact of the moment is that 17 active people does not translate to 17 stories, even if we were to make it tri-monthly.

What we need is a box, and we put the authors in the box, and then we put all the boxes in a room, and keep the room quiet, dark, and well moisturized. Then in 30 days, you can harvest-

Wait, that's mushrooms. Okay, I don't know.

3373339 Maybe we should change the time lapse of the contests. There are two stories up in the current contest, one of them was completed in less than a month and the other, written by me, was finished in the first week of August(took me one month to think of what to do, and a week to write it). It doesn't looks like someone else is going to upload anything. I just want to jump to the next contest. What do you say if we make this a 2 stories in three months thing. 1 month and 15 days for each story.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10