Random Romance 368 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
PaulAsaran
Group Admin

So there's been some debate lately about how we should proceed given the unorthodox situation her on FimFiction, but we admins have concluded that we've postponed the March contest's conclusion for long enough. Thus the contest is now officially closed, and voting has begun! For March we've got two entries, so be sure to check them out and cast your vote!

Special Delivery
by
ILurvTrixie

Derpy is one of the best mailmares in Equestria. To keep her beloved Dinky safe, and the muffins supplied, she takes odd jobs in every corner of the country, making her an uncommon but not surprising sight anywhere in the world.

Celestia is the royal alicorn of the Sun, the Lady of Light, the Eye of Radiance. She stands alone as the most powerful and most respected member of nobility, although her general day to day activities keep her far distant from any limelight.

Dinky loves her mother completely. And she thinks Time Turner is a nice enough colt, even if he does leave all the time in that funny box of his. But Dinky knows that her mother could really use a special somepony of her own.

And wouldn't it be awesome if she could have a little brother or something to teach how to do magic? (That's how that works, right? When two ponies are special someponies?)

This will take all her cunning, daring, and the most politeness ever. And maybe some muffins.

The Palace Bird
by
Silver Hands

Somepony is distracting Celestia. Somepony is making her day harder than it has to be. Somepony is going to make her do something stupid. Somepony is going to do all three.

Well this certainly looks interesting! Normally we allow five days for voting, but because FimFiction's all wonky right now we're doubling that. Votes are due by the end of Monday the 21.

In other news, we've decided to hold off on the next contest either until group alerts are back or May rolls in... but we're not sure which. :unsuresweetie:

3194660 Friggin' knighty. :ajbemused: In other news, may I suggest a couple?

SpikeLestia. We've seen their relationship expanded upon quite a bit in the comics, yet no one ships him with Tia.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

And that, my friend, is precisely why we have the Request Roulette! Check out the rules and make your recommendation in the comments section.

I keep forgetting to post. I throw my vote at my opponent! May he comically slip and pratfall on it!

So yes, +1 vote for Palace Bird.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Due to the prolonged lack of group notifications, we've decided to extend the voting period. The general lack of voting may be because nobody's aware that we've opened for votes in the fist place, and besides; we'd hate to announce a winner without the proper notification fanfare that should come with it. So yeah, voting is still open.

3219427 Do we have any idea when groups will be allowed to say things again?

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Nope. They're keeping the curtains closed, the blinds down, the doors locked and cut all my wiretaps. As of right now my presumed time of activation is "someday." :ajbemused:

3221124 A possibly sneaky and possibly annoying workaround. Story postings to groups still seem to show up on the feed. Although I'm not sure how many votes we've gotten, or how annoyed everyone would get with a story titled 'Go Vote for the Stories!'

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8