Megan is best pony 124 members · 56 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

It occurs to me that every depiction of Megan in this fandom, at least of which I am aware, including my own, is OOC.

We have tough-guy Megans. We have angsty Megans. And we have tough-guy angsty Megans.

Nobody, to my knowledge, has penned a story that features the Megan who actually appeared in G1, a motherly and slightly bookish but rugged action survivor with a lot of hands-on knowledge about horses.

Perhaps it is time to produce Megan stories that seek to be faithful to the original.

1647209 You know, I think RK's depiction of Megan, though older, is the right one.

I've seen angsty Megan. When she's written like that she might as well be an OC. The tough guy part probably stems from the angst?

1647209 I have been trying to make Megan true to who she is in My Little Pony: Echos of Dream Valley. I'm reaching back thirty years though, and I have yet to work her all of the way into my story. Any input you could give would be appreciated.

I do have some ideas that will include Megan with the G4 ponies in some of the fanfics I intend to do pretty soon. However, I will only give hints at what I will have in them, because I don't want give anything away. Also, please don't try to steal my ideas especially when I thought of them first and try to make that fanfic before I do. Although my first fanfic will be her return to Equestria, it will include some twists as if it was destiny for the Mane 6 and even the Royal Sisters to meeting her. The second one I intend to make will be about Luna sharing her darkest secret with Megan even if it could mean that she could get in trouble for it. For a third one, Megan asks the Royal Sisters about how they became alicorns as they are still new to her while being at a tea party with Twilight and they explain their backstory. Meanwhile, the fourth one I will write will have Grogar show up for real this time and not only use it a chance to finally attack Equestria, but finally gets his long awaited revenge on Megan even if he had to wait over a millennium for that with the help of not only the major G4 villains brought back, but a special entity that he himself personally created himself to be his right hand in that battle.

Before I start my first fanfic, I would like to know what would be a good location for Midnight Castle if it were to exist in present day Equestria, because I don't want to just pick a place at random that might not work. I was thinking of the old castle where the Royal Sisters were living in before moving into Canterlot Castle, but maybe that's a bad idea, and the same would imply to other Ponyland locations and landmarks. Also, I wonder if making Megan her current age exactly from when she last appeared, which would place her in her 50's or if that would be too old and I should take a decade or two off. If anyone can think of a better location, that would be nice. I just hope that this forum isn't dead, because it seems as if hardly anyone is here these days besides myself.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6