Megan is best pony 124 members · 56 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

OK, I don't want any one to jump down my throat.
I'm just writing a conversation here, when I was going out the door yesterday my TV was on Discovery Family.
It was an old G.I. Joe episode. On the desk of a Joe named Beach Head was a picture of young girl.
No, I admit I only saw it for a moment but I thought it looked like Megan.
That do you guy think?

4966169 Well it could be so but I doubt it. The first thing working against that is the fact that all of these shows are unrelated. The second thing going against that is the fact that the Joe's families were actually revealed during one episode along with their real names. And then there is a third thing that works against it as well, the fact that the Williams family owns a ranch and that Molly was practicing for a horse jumping competition at the beginning of the My Little Pony movie.

This event indicated that Megan's family is involved in the raising and breeding of show horses as an occupation. This is not explicitly stated however it is merely implied by circumstance.

There is also a bit of habit from back them of reusing character models so that's not new to these Hasbro backed shows really. Still if you could provide a link to a clip of that moment it would help out quite a bit.

You also have room for an interesting headcanon here as well.

4966196 actually Molly is shown and named in the whole cobra money plan along with her and by extent Megon and Danny's farther. Who latter joins the Joe's as Wild Bill. (It looks like th same man) any way cobra commander also has a appearance in season 3 of transformer g1 so in theory the three shows have a sheared human world but MLP g1 takes place in Ponyland witch is a parallel universe.

Lol see my above post forgot to tag you sorry

4966259 What kills it is that fact that these shows never crossover though. Those were not the same character and like I said the Joes names and families were revealed at one point an nowhere do you see Megan, Danny , and Molly among them. Each show has always had it's separate canon and they have been kept that way so the idea is just wrong.

4966909 4966260 Well, at lest I was asking and not calming it.
I like that you both brought up such interesting points.

4967196 Yeah but here is what you likely saw Freewing. If you saw Megan in that picture on Beachhead's desk it was her model only just like with Molly. This is an age old animator's shortcut that goes back to before any of us were born. It saves a lot of time and effort to do this and keeps things on track.

It didn't just start with F.I.M., no it goes way back to Disney form the 1930s or so. You can actually look at not less than three G1 one ponies and see it. Applejack, Firefly, and Medley all have the same physical model with the only changes being in the color pallets, marks, and Applejack doesn't have any wings, but that's it. So what Gundamdragon claims to have seen would have been nothing more than that.

4967388 That is why I'm not a cartoonist, I know nothing about history.
Thank you for your input.

4967470 I'm not a cartoonist either but I have seen some documentaries, so I do know a bit about it. By the way can you help me out with something here? I remember than Beach Head was either an Army Ranger or a Navy Seal, do you know which it is? Because I can't recall.

4967486 The Cartoonist thing was a bad joke on my part, sorry.
But to answer your second question Beach Head was an Army Ranger

4969188 There is no damage Freewing, Like I said I'm no cartoonist either. :rainbowlaugh: I've just learned a little bit about it.
Okay thanks. I knew he was a member of one of those elite military groups but couldn't remember which one. :applejackunsure:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11