Megan is best pony 124 members · 56 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Forever

The wolf cry, a long note of music that humans have fear from the dawn of time. The stories and songs about wolves were always meant to strike fear in the heart of the young. To teach them that wolves are the enemy.
Upon hearing the long drawn out sound of the wolf cry, Megan settled a bullet into her weapon. She almost enjoys the feeling of loading the round into the barrel of her Henry rifle, as she worked the lever of the gun. Once she had done that, her hand let go of the lever of the Henry rifle and she let it slid down to her right side,she then patting the Colt Peace Marker pistol in her hip holster. Feeling that her sidearm was at the ready, Megan's hand returned to the Henry rifle. A smile came over Megan's face.
Still smiling she looked over to her left side. There was her husband, a strong man with deep blue eyes and dark black hair. Megan still got a chill up her spin form time to time just looking at her man. Her smile grew bigger as she recall the days of their youth. Perry had been a helicopter pilot in the coast guard, and had move to Oklahoma to see what flat land looked like. Perry had always said that the flat land look a lot like the sea, only it did not move as fast. Megan was sure that the first tornado Perry was in he would get scared. She was sure he would run away and never return to the 'flat lands'. But, Perry had turn out to be far braver about living in the Midwest than Megan had given him credit for. He had become a crop duster and worked with the search and rescuer team of the police department.
Perry had brood shoulders and strong arms. Clear eyes and could even be a good listener from time to time. It was just then that Perry click the flash light attached to his M4 Carbine weapon, breaking the spell Megan was under.
“What the hell do you think you are doing?” Megan asked. Perry looked over to her and in a normal tone of voice said. “Turning on my flashlight, what is the big deal?”
Megan kept her voice low, but her anger was in the tone. “Do you want these wolfs to see us?” Perry just looked at her, and then he turned to the endless darkness. The new moon was in the night sky, and the stars were the only real lights to be seen on the Oklahoma plains. The nearest town of Little Stone was a good ten miles away, and like most small town, was a dawn to dusk city. There were a few all night gas stations, and two bars but for the most part other than the lights form far off homes and barns, it was just dark. It was almost as if a blind fold had been put on over the entire earth.
Perry turned to Megan. “Sweetheart, the main goal is to keep the livestock safe form wolfs. If we get a clean shoot, then they are dead wolfs. But, I want to find out what I am aiming at.”
Megan was about to reply when both her and Perry hear a noise just to the right side of them. Megan whipped her weapon around and was ready to fire, when Perry’s flashlight beam showed two ponies standing next to the humans. At once Megan dropped the front of the weapon down and pointed to the ground. “Taia? Lulu? What are you doing out of the barn?”
Slinging his own weapon over his back, Perry went over and took the two ponies by their halters and said. “You two did it again. Just how are you getting out of the barn?”
Megan slinging her own weapon over her shoulder and held out her hand to take one of the ponies. “I know I put them to bed, and locked up the barn.” Upon Megan taking Lulu the pony from Perry, he said. “Well, I don’t know how they are doing it, but there are good about getting out. They are also good at getting into palaces as well.”
Perry grinned as Megan shot him an icy stare. “We said we would never speak of that again.” Megan was made to recall the story. She had been so mad at her family for not putting Taia and Lulu to bed. Each morning Megan would wake up and find the two little ponies in the yard or out in a field. No one seemed to know how the two little ponies were getting out of the barn. Not her brother, Danny or her sister Molly, even her own husband was sure how Taia and Lulu were braking out of their stalls. They were at a total lost as to how to bed down two little ponies. So, Megan told them all that she would have to show them how to do the job the right way. Megan called them together as a group, acting like a teacher as she had put both Taia and Lulu in their stalls and closed the barn. Making sure that her family saw how she did each step. Just to pick on her family, she even went so far as to show them how to close and lock door in the house as well.
The next morning, Megan awake to find Lulu in the bedroom with her and her husband. Taia was found in the dining room eating a leftover cake, off the main table.
Megan was sure it was a joke being played on her by the other for being mean about locking up the barn and house. But, one night when the others were out of the out to a social and Megan was sick with a cold. The two little ponies somehow made their way back into the bed room. Megan got up out of bed and put the two ponies back to bed, making sure they were locked in. Only to have them both back in her bedroom in about a half an hour. Megan was sure that the others had not returned to the house, and there no way the ponies were lead back into the house. Megan was able to keep the story to herself, until the next morning when once again there was no cake to be found on the cake plate. Taia, the little white pony, had helped herself to more of the leftover cake.
From that day, the two little ponies were always put to bed, but would always be found outside the next morning.
The husband and wife made their way back to the barn with the two runaway ponies. Megan handed Lulu, a little black pony, back to Perry as she went to open the door. The big barn door took two hands to move, and Megan had to put all her weight behind force. As she was about to step into the opening of the door to start pushing it open, a flash of white fur went past, knocking her to the ground. A few roles and Megan looked over to her husband. Perry was fighting off two wolfs, his knife sinking deep into one of them, it’s back dark fur turning a sickening red, and the white wolf drove its teeth into Perry’s neck. Megan looked in the dark night for her weapon and could not find it. Then she heard Perry shout. “Now! Do it now!” From out in the night Megan then heard. “You are still in the way!” Another unseen person then said. “He knows, Twilight. Thank you, Sir Perry!” With that the ground open up and the two wolfs sank into the hole along with Perry.
Megan started to run to her husband, but he shouted as he held onto the fighting wolfs. “Stay back! I was going to hell ether way, no saving this lesser soul. I love you. Sorry.” With that there was a bright flash of light.
Megan screamed as she sat up in her bed. Perry blinked as he also sat up and put his hand on Megan’s shoulder, he asked. “Meg, are you alright?” Looking around the room, Megan’s eye found Perry’s face near her. At once she rapped her arms around him and hugged him. “Oh my, God!” She sobbed. “I thought I lost you.” Perry returned the hug, saying. “It’s okay. I’m right here. It was just a bad dream.” They held onto each other, as they lay back down in the bed, until sleep once more over took the both of them.

Sun light fill the bedroom as Megan slowly open her eyes. She could hear the others just outside the house working on the new barn. In a flash she was up and getting dressed. Before long Megan was stomping out of her home and making her way to her family.
Perry was the first to see Megan as she made her way to the work sight and he smiled as Megan came near. “Hi sweetheart, how are you feeling to day?” Perry asked Megan. However Megan was not in a good mood. “Why the hell did you let me sleep in like that? Just because I have one nightmare you think I’m too weak to handle a full work day?”
Perry hung his head down. “Meg, you been under a lot of stress the past month, I just though a little more rest would do you some good, that all.”
Megan was enraged and she let out a rant. “Now you get this though your rock you call a brain, Mister. This is my land and my ranch, not yours. I pay the bills, I work the land, and I say what needs to be done.”
Molly, the younger sister of the family came to Perry’s defense. “That right Megan, you run the ranch. And, that time we ran short of cash, who gave us the money we needed to keep going without having going to the bank? Who has worked day in and day out for free because he marred into the family? Who had been there with open arms and loving heart, not just for you but for me when John was kill, and Lin walked out on Danny? This rock head has been there for us every step of the way. He has live up to the ‘in sickness and in health, richer and poorer, and so on and so forth.’ Not just for you but all of us. And you can’t forgive him for letting you sleep in for an hour? What do you want an angle to be your man?”
With that Megan walked over to an old well that stood between the ranch house and the barn sight. She looked into the well and started to sob. “I sorry, I am just so worked up. I just don’t know what wrong with me.”
+
“What is happing to me?” Asked Megan as she looked deep into the well. Her mind recalled a strange saying. “If someone stares into the void, the void will stare aback into them.” That is what Megan has started to feel like, a void where her emotions use to be. She had felt this void before, when her mother and farther had die. When Danny enlisted in the navy. When John, Molly’s husband did not return from over seas. And the strange nightmares? Like all dreams, the details were imposable to remember, but Megan always knew that the nightmares felt like death and place his boney hand inside heart, and had taken something away. Just like the one last night when death took Perry away form her. Fear once more washed over Megan eye and tears started to run down her face.

Perry then said. “Whoever drinks from the water will not die, but have life eternal.”

Megan turn to her husband and asked. “What did you just say?” Perry smile and wiped away a few of the tear on his loving wife’s face. “It something form the Bible. This woman, in the story, was getting water for the city well and Jesses told her about the living water of God. She wanted to drink form that well, and Jesses told her about how go about getting a drink.”

Molly walk over to the other side of Megan. She parked her butt on the side of the old well and crossed her arms. She asked, “Now what would bring that little sermon to mind?”

Perry smile wide and said “Hay, two beautiful women standing next to a well, what else but clean and pure thoughts would a man have.” Molly just rolled her eyes as Megan started to laugh out loud.

Then Perry took a deep breath. He try to think of a better way to say what he wanted to say, but could not find one. So Perry went for say bluntly. “Megan, I love you. And, the fire was not your fault. The wind just knocked the lighting rod off the barn roof, and those thing happen. No one is in charge of the weather after all.”

Megan hit the top of the well wall with the palm of her hands with each word. “I-knew-the-rod-was-lose.” She stop hitting the well wall and turn full front facing Perry. “I knew the lighting rod was lose and I did not fix it. So, it is my fault.” Tear filled Megan’s eyes and her lips tremble with internal pain.
Perry slow rapped his arms around his wife and pulled her close. In soft tones he said. “We had livestock to feed and water, fence to keep up, fields to cut, hay to roll, gardens to keep up. The list of work to be done is endless. We are all to blame for not getting around to fixing the lose lighting rod.”
Danny had joined the small group, saying. “Come on, Meg. We were all going to fix the lighting rod the next time we had the ladder out to wash the windows and fix barn siding. It just that storm came up before then.”
Molly then added, as she looked down at her own shoes. “Meg, you can’t live your life in one day, and you can’t go back and change things. God I wish we could, but we can’t. One day at a time girl, that all we can do.”
Perry then said. “It’s just the stress of the past month. Megan, we all been thought a lot and we need to morn, just a little.”
Danny interjected. “Hell with morning, just lay her down and go at her like a mad man. A good riding is what my sister needs.”
Megan was not sure what to do with her hands. The past weekend had been wonderful; it had started with Perry taking up in his helicopter. Then they flew from Midwest City to Oklahoma City. There, Perry took Megan over to see an old friend of his, which happen to be the pilot for the Oklahoma governor’s personal jet.
Before long Megan had found herself inside the governor’s jet flying to Kentucky. Kentucky was Perry’s boyhood state, and he was going to show Megan the Kentucky Horse Park, in Lexington.
After touring the horse park, Perry took Megan to a place called Desha’s for a fine meal. Megan was never into fancy places, but the food was outstanding. After the meal, they went to a line dance clue called Bluegrass to work off the cheese cake from Desha’s. Then about midnight the two of them walk arm in arm to into their hotel room.
In the morning, Perry did as Danny had subjected, and Megan had to admit she like making love in the morning.
After a little shopping in the downtown, Megan and Perry made their way back to the airport and headed home. On the plan trip back they had a few drinks and a light meal. Megan even let Perry kiss her a little bit, but was not welling to join the mile high club. Not in a ‘barrowed Jet plain’ that belonged to the tax payers of Oklahoma. In fact the only thing about the trip that worried Megan was the jet and how Perry was going to keep the ‘barrowing’ a secret. But, somehow they pull it off, and before long, Megan and Perry were back at the Oklahoma City airport.
Megan like that Perry was helping her into the helicopter like a gentleman. And once Perry had gotten into his plot set and started his check list, that when Megan started thinking about how sexy her husband was. That made Megan heated, and then she though that now was not a good time to think about sex.
However, the more she tried to stop thinking about having sex, the more she seemed to want it. She just had to find something to do with her hands, they keep going to parts of her body that she did not want them to go. At last her hand brushed up against something, and she rubbed her neck. It was an old locket that she had picked out, from her jewelry box for the trip. Megan was not sure why she chosen the locket over all the other nickels she had in the small box. It just seemed to call to her. Megan was not even sure when she last worn the locket, or what pictures were inside.
She took the locket form around her neck and looked at it. It was a simple hear shape made of brass with small stones set around the center. The stones made the shape of two horse shoes. With a smile on her face, Megan slow opened the locket.
All at once the world exploded into bright colors. A rainbow of light seemed fill the inside of the helicopter, as alarms started to go off all around Megan’s head, and Perry started calling out. “This is MLP-G1. Mayday, Mayday, I have been hit by lighting. Lost most of my controls, I am declaring an emergency!”

The helicopter seemed to spin wildly and the lights were brighter than Megan had ever seen before. She closed her eyes, and prayed that it would end. Perry keeps saying the same things over and over. “I have been hit by lighting.” Lighting was what stared the fire that burn down the old barn. Lighting was what killed Megan’s pride and joy, the two your colts that T.J. had sired. Megan cried as she knew this was then end of her life.
Then, just as quickly as it had started the helicopter stopped it wild spinning, the bright light that filled the cabin faded away. Megan looked over to Perry and asked. “What the hell just happened?” Megan’s heart stated to race once more. “Are we going to crash?”
Perry said in a very professional voice. “We are going to live.”
After what seem only seconds, the small Bell 47 helicopter landed in a field. The landing was hard, but both Megan and Perry would live. They sat in their seats for a few minutes before Megan asked. “What the hell happen?”
Perry gave his best explanation. “Best bet, Saint Elmo’s fire, it what the egg-heads call a coronal discharge of plasma, the point is that it plays hell with the electric systems. We came down on rotor momentum, and by the way, we are lost.”
Megan checked her own cell phone, and found that the battery was dead. Returning the phone to her pocket she looked over to her husband. “So, now what do we do?” She asked in a sower tone.
Knowing full well that he was in deep trouble, Perry had no chose but to tell Megan the truth. “We are going to have to hike out of here. I am sorry.”
Megan turned and gave Perry a slow burning stair. “Hike out, and leave a million dollar helicopter behind?”
Perry smiled. “It is a twenty year old, use, bell 47 crop duster, with a burn out electric systems. No one but me wants this thing, and no one can steal it without a flatbed truck. The only thing that can happen is a bunch of kids show up and start playing around it. They can’t break, what is already broken.”
Megan then nodded her head. “Okay. What about water? We could be hiking for miles you know.”
“I keep two gallons of water on board at all times, along with some power bars in the emergency box. Meg, look, I am sorry I wanted you to have a little fun and take it easy for just one day.”
Megan undid her seat belt and got out of the helicopter. Part of her wanted to be mad, but this was the only part of the trip that went wrong. True it was a big part, but Perry could not control the weather that was God job. And, right now Megan was very mad at God. All she could do was pace around as Perry got out of the helicopter and unloaded the emergency box.
Megan looked around the landing zone. The grass seemed greener and the sky was deeper blue. Then Megan looked at the cloud in the sky, and the strange shape that took. Then all at once a big bird flew out form one of them. However the longer Megan studied the bird the less and less it looked like a bird. It looked more like a cat? Megan ran back to Perry who was loading the last of the water into canteens.
Megan asked in an excited tone of voice. “Do you have binoculars?” Using his nose to point with, Perry said with a nod of his head. “They are under the crew set, but why?” Megan just ran off and looked under the left hand side of the helicopter set. Once she had the binoculars she looked to where the monster should have been, but the clouds were too thick and blocked her view. Megan exclaimed as lowered the binoculars. “I think I just was a griffin.”
Capping of the last of the water and closing the canteen, Perry asked. “Would you like to yell at me now and get it out of your system?” He walked over to his wife with a one of the canteens and a small bags, filled with food and other camping equipment.
Megan just looked at him, holding the binoculars. “You do believe me, right?”
“Meg, we just had a hard landing, after one hell of a ride, and a lighting strike. You mind is playing tricks on you.” Perry lowered his head. “I sure you saw something, but griffins are not real. Moreover, if I told you I saw a dragon you say the same thing too me.”
Feeling a little hurt by what Perry said, Megan asked. “Do you think I'm crazy?”
“I am worried that you may have been hurt, that your brain may have gotten scrambled by what just happened. I like to check you over before we start hiking.” Perry replied.
Megan was a little taken back by what Perry said, but she had seen cowboys get concussions just by riding a bucking horse before. And, she had to admit that the thought of a head trauma or brain injury did scare the hell out of her. So, Megan let Perry check her over with what seem like a police sobriety test. But as Perry explained, a concussion mimics drunkenness so the two tests were very much alike. Until the last test when Perry just looked deep into Megan’s eye. Megan look back into her husband’s eyes and with a smile asked. “What are you checking for?”
With a grin on his face, Perry said. “Nothing, I just like looking into your beautiful eyes.” Megan gave Perry a playful punch to the shoulder, and laughed at him for his silliness. Then they once more got lost in each other eyes and kissed.
Once the kiss was broken, Perry asked Megan. “Witch way do you want to go?” Megan pointed to the north east. “Look at those trees over there. They look like they have been planted in rows.” Perry looked to where Megan was pointing and saw the tress in question. Megan then said. “They look like apple trees to me. That means an apple farm.”
Perry looked worried. “It also means we were blown all the way up to Tulsa. The High-Fence farm is the only apple orchard I know of near our home.”
Picking up one of the canteens and a food bag, Megan said. “Well, we are not getting closer to home by standing around.” With that she started walking towards the apple orchard. Perry quickly picked up his own canteen and food bag and rushed to catch up.
If it were not for the crash landing, Megan would have thought she was still on her weekend date with Perry. The land was beautiful, the grass was cut short, and Megan could not find one weed on the ground. The trees have been well care for and even the weakest one had a bumper crop of apples.
The Perry held out his hand, and Megan took hold of her husband and started to fall in love with him all over again. They walked hand in hand for about a mile when Perry stopped all at once. His eyes grew big and he even gasped. Megan looked to where Perry was looking. Down at the bottom of the small hill that Megan and Perry were standing on top of, was a pastel orange pony with a blond mane. The pony also had on a Stetson hat on its head, and red ribbons in its tail. The most stands out part of the pony were the eye’s, they were almost the same size as man’s head.
The pony was backing up to an apple tree and once it was sure it was standing in the right place, the pony kicked the apple tree. The apples fell form the tree, from the force of the kick and landed into a group of baskets that had been set around the tree.
Perry looked over to Megan and asked, “Do you see what I am seeing?” Megan smile with glee as she turned to look at Perry. “It is Applejack.”
Before Perry could ask who or what Applejack was, a pinkish thing flew over their heads. At once Megan started running down the embankment after the creature, shouting out as she ran. “Applejack, look out! Firefly is out of control again!”
Applejack was enjoying a peaceful day of apple bucking at Sweet Apple Acres. The sound of her hooves hitting soundly against the trunk of an apple tree, fill her ears personal music that only others of her family could understand and enjoy.
As she finished bucked another apple, and was making sure all the apples had fallen into her proper baskets, Applejack heard alarming cry. Applejack looked up to see that it was Blueberry Muffin ,one of Rainbow Dash's weather team, and she was shouting about something. “Applejack! Look out! It’s Monsters!” The gray Pegasi was flying full on at Applejack. Applejack only had a second to react by ducking to the ground and having Blueberry Muffin miss her niches.
Blueberry Muffin had to pull up out of her dive to avoid hitting the base of another apple tree, but crash into the canopy of smaller branches and leaves of the same apple tree. Applejack went over to help Blueberry Muffin down form the tree. Applejack asked Blueberry Muffin. “Sugar cube, are you alright?’ But, Blueberry Muffin keep screaming. “Applejack you got to run away, there is a monster coming!” Before Applejack to get more information form Blueberry Muffin a strange bipedal animal with long blond hair, no fur coat but naked skin and blue eyes ran up next to Applejack and looked into the apple tree that held Blueberry Muffin. The skin animal asked with concern in its voice. “Firefly, are you alright?”
Applejack jump away for the skin animal and stood in a fighting stands. “Okay! Who or what in tarnation are you and why are you after Blueberry Muffin?” Applejack demanded, ready to buck the stuffing out of the monster.
Another skin animal, a male, came running up next. He stood back and said with alarm. “Megan! Get back, she a kicker. Look at the red ribbon in her tail.” Applejack snapped back at the male skin animal. “That right, I am a bucker, and if you plan on hurt some pony, I going to buck the snot right out of the both of you, right hear and right now!”
The skin animal named Megan stooped down to look Applejack in the eyes. With a pleading look in her eyes, Megan said, almost crying. “Applejack? Oh, Applejack, it is me, Megan. Please, Applejack, think back to when we were younger. How we and all the other ponies would play together and enjoy all the wonders of Dream Valley.”
As Applejack was trying to take in all that Megan was telling her about same place called ‘Dream Valley’, when Blueberry Muffin fell out of the tree and landed on her face, just behind Megan. Megan turned around but was now on her knees. “Let me help you, Firefly.” With a smile and almost a giggle in her voice Megan placed her hands up Blueberry Muffin's flank. All at once Megan felt the hooves of Applejack land hard on Megan’s lower backside. That sent Megan flying over Blueberry Muffin and somehow doing a midair flip, and landing flat on her back, knocking the air out of her lungs.
Before Megan could react, Perry and gotten Megan by the armpits and was dragging her away from the two ponies. As Perry checked Megan over for broken bone and other trauma, he shouted at Applejack. “What you do that for? She was trying to help your friend!”
Applejack looked on as she helped Blueberry Muffin up from the ground. “I’m sorry, but I thought she was out to hurt Blueberry Muffin, not help her.”
Once Megan got her wind back inside of her and rolled over onto her stomach. “My ass, you murder my ass.” Blueberry Muffin looked around. “I don’t see a donkey anyplace? Is Cranky Doodle around? And I thought Ass was not a nice thing to say.” Perry face palmed. “Oh my God, there is political correctness everywhere?” Megan grumbled, “Your worried about political correctness when my ass is grass?”
A smile came over Perry's face. "Fine looking blue grass on those rolling hills. I do like the lay of the land." Megan blushed as each new pun was made about her buns. Until at last Megan could not stand the torment if bottom jokes and try to stand up. Only to have both pain and Perry lay her back down on her gut again.
Applejack came over and took a closer look at Megan. "Are you real hurt? I mean I only gave you a half buck, to keep you away from B.M." Megan look up at Applejack. "That was only a half buck?"
Perry then said. "I don't think she has any broken bone, and I don't think you hit any vital organs, but she may have an Sub-periosteal Hematoma. What is some times called a bruised bone. The only way to make sure is to have a doctor look her over and make sure."

3647153 Ok I'm not going to address the grammar here because I am not the best for that. What I will address here is the out of character moments I have seen. One Megan has very little trouble with her temper and it takes a lot to make her mad. Another is the remark made by Molly about Megan needing to be "ridden" would not have come from Molly, a remark like that would have come from Danny. In addition Megan would not use rough language even in her later years except under extreme duress, it's just not who she is.

Another thing you'll want to consider is a comedy tag because you have a lot of funny moments so far. And if there are going to be more then it applies.

I hope this helps at least a little. Bryan Luna :twilightsmile:

3647315 Maybe I should put in the story sooner. There was a fire in the old barn, started by lighting. Megan blames herself for not being able to save the horses inside.

Megan also has the power of percognition (future sight) in her dreams. She has seen the death of all past generation of the pony world. All eaten by the wolfs, Skoll and Hati, who always start by eating the sun and the moon. However in the last generation Princess Celestia and Princesses Luna were made to protect the sun and moon from Skoll and Hati. The wolfs were sent to Tartarus but Tirek help them get out.

Molly fell in with a bad group in high school and got into drugs to the point where her family had to use tough love to save her. She married a solder name John who was killed in action.

Danny was up set when Megan was given the ranch after her farther's death. And, cut ties with the family for a short time. Joining the Navy. This is when in a round about way he meets Perry who was in the Cost Guard but did medic flights for the Navy. Danny talk up the ranch life so much, that Perry had to go and see if for himself. Falling in with with Megan.

That sort of a fast back story that I have been working with.

3647975 Going that far out of character will get a negative response, keep that in mind. You have good ideas but you need to reign them in a bit so they don't create a "run away" environment in the story. Also Megan already has the rainbow, giving her other abilities may be detrimental. I'm not sure about it though.

3648327 My thought, the rainbow was the why she was having the dreams. It is her link to the pony world.

Well yes that's right, it's pony magic after all.

How do I make it sound like Megan is stressed out with out her looking like she is mad all the time?

3648675 Now that is a good question, Megan has been characterized as having "a superhuman levelheadedness" and not without good reason. That I'm aware of she lost her temper only once, and that was during Rescue at Midnight Castle. In my story Megan had two outbursts, the first was very small but involved ponies being in danger. The second was bigger but it involved her boyfriend whom she'd been separated from for ten years being in danger. So it does happen, but not often.

She is one of those people who handles stress very well, so others around her should show the stress while she supports them. That is what she does, if someone she cares about is hurt or afraid she steps in to calm them. Also you should probably use Rainbow Dash instead of Ditzy because Rainbow has the control issues and her attitude most resembles Firefly's.

3648739 I looked up a list of ponies and found that Blueberry Muffin looks the most like Firefly.
I would use Rainbow Dash, but the mane and tail just too unforgetable.
I picked Derpy becouse she very popular, and she very good at crashing.

Comment posted by Russell Dickson deleted Sep 23rd, 2014

3650940 Yeah but Rainbow and Ditzy both have that same model, as does Daring Do. The issue with that is that Firefly is pink and Ditzy is grey, so Megan is unlikely to think that she's Firefly. She will however want to help her still. That's the way Megan is.

Also instead of saying lustful in reference to Megan's husband I can only suggest that you use the term heated. And to have Parry say that Megan has beautiful eyes. I know it's kinda sappy, but remember who she is. Sweetness is part of the game as it were.

3652218 I remember this from Rescue at Midnight Castle. Actually rainbow Dash was originally going to be named Firefly and have those colors. If you didn't already know, and Firefly is often depicted in many fanfics as being Rainbow's mother. Also there is a General Firefly that founded the Wonderbolts, she was also those colors and shared the same character model.

3652218 This what the cast looked like at first.

“What is happening to me?” Asked Megan as she looked deep into the well. Her mind recalled a strange saying. “If someone stares into the void, the void will stare aback into them.” That is what Megan has started to feel like, a void where her emotions use to be. She had felt this void before, when her mother and farther had die. When Danny enlisted in the navy. When John, Molly’s husband did not return from over seas. And the strange nightmares? Like all dreams, the details were impossible to remember, but Megan always knew that the nightmares felt like death and place his bone hand inside heart, and had taken something away. Just like the one last night when death took Perry away form her. Fear once more washed over Megan eye and tears started to run down her face.

Perry then said. “Whoever drinks from the water will not die, but have life eternal.”

Megan turn to her husband and asked. “What did you just say?” Perry smile and wiped away a few of the tear on his loving wife’s face. “It something form the Bible. This woman, in the story, was getting water for the city well and Jesus told her about the living water of God. She wanted to drink form that well, and Jesus told her about how go about getting a drink.”

Molly walk over to the other side of Megan. She parked her butt on the side of the old well and crossed her arms. She asked, “Now what would bring that little sermon to mind?”

Perry smile wide and said “Hay, two beautiful women standing next to a well, what else but clean and pure thoughts would a man have.” Molly just rolled her eyes as Megan started to laugh out loud.

Then Perry took a deep breath. He try to think of a better way to say what he wanted to say, but could not find one. So Perry went for say bluntly. “Megan, I love you. And, the fire was not your fault. The wind just knocked the lighting rod off the barn roof, and those thing happen. No one is in charge of the weather after all.”

Megan hit the top of the well wall with the palm of her hands with each word. “I-knew-the-rod-was-lose.” She stop hitting the well wall and turn full front facing Perry. “I knew the lighting rod was lose and I did not fix it. So, it is my fault.” Tear filled Megan’s eyes and her lips tremble with internal pain.
Perry slow rapped his arms around his wife and pulled her close. In soft tones he said. “We had livestock to feed and water, fence to keep up, fields to cut, hay to roll, gardens to keep up. The list of work to be done is endless. We are all to blame for not getting around to fixing the lose lighting rod.”
Danny had joined the small group, saying. “Come on, Meg. We were all going to fix the lighting rod the next time we had the ladder out to wash the windows and fix barn siding. It just that storm came up before then.”
Molly then added, as she looked down at her own shoes. “Meg, you can’t live your life in one day, and you can’t go back and change things. God I wish we could, but we can’t. One day at a time girl, that all we can do.”

3660178 This is interesting Russel, not sure how the religious bit will be received though. I've seen some very strong reactions to it and not generally positive ones. It feels appropriate though, and that's coming from a non religious person. Something about it just fit creatively. Megan's reaction feels in character too, it would tear at her heart.

This is interesting so far. I haven't read all of it yet because that is a lot of writing. But I noticed immediately a number of grammar mistakes. So please get an editor.

3662136 story link
You are right, the story is getting long.
I put it on a google doc

As Applejack was trying to take in all that Megan was telling her about same place called ‘Dream Valley’, that when Blueberry Muffin fell out of the tree and landed on her face, just behind Megan. Megan turned around but was now on her knees. “Let me help you, Firefly.” With a smile and almost a giggle in her voice Megan placed her hands up Blueberry Muffin's flank. All at once Megan felt the hooves of Applejack land hard on Megan’s lower backside. That sent Megan flying over Blueberry Muffin and somehow doing a midair flip, and landing flat on her back, knocking the air out of her lungs.
Before Megan could react, Perry and gotten Megan by the underarms and was dragging her away from the two ponies. As Perry checked Megan over for broken bone and other trauma, he shouted at Applejack. “What you do that for? She was trying to help your friend!”
Applejack looked on as she helped Blueberry Muffin up from the ground. “I’m sorry, but I thought she was out to hurt Blueberry Muffin, not help her.”
Once Megan got her wind back inside of her and rolled over onto her stomach. “My ass, you murder my ass.” Blueberry Muffin looked around. “I don’t see a donkey anyplace? Is Cranky Doodle around? And I thought Ass was not a nice thing to say.” Perry face palmed. “Oh my God, there is political correctness everywhere?” Megan grumbled, “You are worried about political correctness when my ass is grass?”
A smile came over Perry's face. "Fine looking bluegrass on those rolling hills. I do like the lay of the land." Megan blushed as each new pun was made about her buns. Until at last Megan could not stand the torment if bottom jokes and try to stand up. Only to have both pain and Perry lay her back down on her gut again.
Applejack came over and took a closer look at Megan. "Are you real hurt? I mean I only gave you a half buck, to keep you away from B.M." Megan look up at Applejack. "That was only a half buck?"
Perry then said. "I don't think she has any broken bone, and I don't think you hit any vital organs, but she may have an Sub-periosteal Hematoma. What is sometimes called a bruised bone. The only way to make sure is to have a doctor look her over and make sure my Megan is okay. What I am worried about is that she could have a blood clot, that could be dangerous."
Applejack eyes fill with regret. “Honest, I was just worried you were out to hurt Blueberry Muffin. I never plan on hurting you.” Blueberry Muffin added. “When I first was you. You were both coming from the Everfreee Forest. Monsters come out of their from time to time and we have to keep an eye out for them.”
Perry smile as he squatted between both Megan and the two ponies. “Seems to me we got a lot of noble folk, but they were all working under little or no information. Maybe we should start over, if that okay with everyone?”
Applejack cocked her head to one side. “What are you talking about?”
Perry held out an open hand. “How do you do? My name is Perry Mason.” Both Applejack and Blueberry Muffin looked at the open hand and then Blueberry Muffin asked. “Do you think he want a brohoof?”
The two ponies show Perry and Megan how ponies greeted each other with brohoof, sometimes called hoof-tap. Perry smiled, “Where we come from, people call that a fist bump.” Perry then held out a close fist and Blueberry Muffin then tapped Perry’s knuckles very lightly. Followed by Applejack who did the same thing, saying. “Well, okay. My name is Applejack and this is Blueberry Muffin. Hope you all are not too upset with what just happened.”
Still looking up from the ground, and still in a butt load of pain, Megan smile. “It’s alright Applejack. You only did what you thought you needed to protect Fire --- I mean Blueberry Muffin.”
Applejack then asked, as she got very close to Megan’s face. “Sweet pea? Could you say that again?” Megan smile and with sweet tone in her voice that almost sound like a song, Megan repeated what she had just said. “it is alright Applejack. You only did what you thought you needed to do to protect Blueberry Muffin.”
Applejack lifted her head, she had a strange look in her eye and only said one word. “Meat!”
Megan looked over to her husband and with a smile, try to sound hopeful. “Well, you have to admire her technique.” Perry turn his head to look at Megan. In low and somewhat unhappy tones he said. “We just got hogtie by a pony for eating chicken salad for lunch.”
Both Megan and Perry had their hands and feet tie together behind their backs. Done by the quick work of Applejack, who always keep a rope near by just in case something need to be tie up.
Blueberry Muffin then pick up the two humans and place them on Applejack’s back. Applejack spoke in sympathetic voice. “I am sorry, but I have to think of the safety of myself and others. I smelled meat on Miss Megan’s breath, along with other things. So, that means you two are omnivores. And with your eyes fix in the front of your heads they way they are, that means you are both apex predators.” With that Applejack started to trot down a row of apple trees.
Perry nodded his head, and said. “But, we are talking to you, that means we are thinking animals.” Blueberry Muffin, who was flying over the humans and Applejack said. “You are thinking animals, but are you moral? See, we have had a few monsters that came into Equestria that had plans to take over and enslave ponies. Some even wanting to use us as food. So, we have to be on guard at all times to protect ourselves and our families.”
Perry’s tone of voice took on a softer sound, to the point of pleading. “I can understand that. But, we are still going someplace to have Megan looked at, to make sure she is okay.”
Applejack keep up her smooth and even trot. “First I want to get you two into a wagon, together you all are a bit much for my back. Then I will take the both of you to the hospital emergency room.” Applejack then said to Blueberry Muffin. “Blueberry Muffin? Could you say with me until I get home with the two? Once we find Big Mac, I will need you to fly into Ponyville and find sheriff Shoofly. Tell her all that has happen and have her meet us at the ER.” Blueberry Muffin nodded her head. “Can do.” She said.

Applejack face hooved. “Is that a slop jar on Berry Punch’s head?”
Berry Punch was a purple mare with a strawberry color mane, her cutie mark was a bunch of grapes, and one strawberry. She did in fact have a slop jar on her head, like it was a helmet, and by her side was a croquet mallet. Berry Punch gave a salute, almost falling over. “I am ready for action, Apple *hic* jack.”
“Nope.” Said Big Mac as he unloaded Perry form the wagon, and set him down on the ground. Applejack looked up at Blueberry Muffin and ask in harsh tones. “I told you to get sheriff Shoofly. What happen?”
Blueberry Muffin shook her head. “I tried, but no pony is at city hall. Lyra is blowing up half of the town with some new invention she calls a ‘water heater’. Sheriff, Fire, and the EMT’s are all over at what is left of Bon-Bon’s house. Berry Punch was the only pony around.”
From out of the hospital came two ponies with a gurney. Carefully Big Mac pick up Megan by her ropes and lay her belly down on the gurney. Megan could not see very well but she did ask, “Does that pony have a slop jar on her head?” Big Mac said. “Eeyup.”
Berry Punch said with great pride. “I clean it out, before I placed it on my *hic* head.”
Applejack continue her questioning of Blueberry Muffin. “So, why in Equestria did you bring Berry Punch?” Blueberry Muffin replied. “I only asked her where all the other ponies were. BarKeep must have been bringing Berry Punch to the sheriff office, for being drunk and disorderly, when Lyra’s water heaters started blowing-up. All the other ponies went to see what was going on and left Berry Punch behind. She asked if she could come along to see the monsters. Next thing I know she has a slop jar on her head and a croquet mallet in her mouth. I not even sure where she found them.”
“*hic* You know what Big Mac. *hic* you are one fine looking guy. *hic* You know that?” Said Berry Punch as she started to rub herself up and down Big McIntosh’s side. Big Mac simply said “She real drunk.” Perry then added. “Eeyup.” Berry Punch then said to Perry. “You don’t know me!” Berry Punch then pick up the croquet mallet and swung it at Perry, but missed and fell on her back.
Applejack just groaned. “Alright. Big Mac, you needed to take Berry Punch home. Load her up in the wagon, okay?”
Big Mac nodded his head. “Eeyup.” And then started putting Berry Punch into the wagon. Applejack then turn to Blueberry Muffin and said. “Now, I know something big is going on but we need help. Try going over to the armory, and see if you can find some of the royal guards. I will try over try to find Princesses Twilight over at her castle.”
Perry shouted, still hogtie, and laying on the ground. “What about me. Please don’t let leave me here like this.” Big Mac had already started to pull away with Berry Punch in the back of the wagon.
Applejack try to comfort Perry by saying. “Don’t worry. We will not be gone long.” And with that, Applejack and Blueberry Muffin took off to find help. The only thing Perry could do was lay there on the ground and pray. “God, look over Megan, and keep her safe. And, if you got time, help me get untied.”
Before long a mint green unicorn came out of the hospital, she had a lyre harp cutie mark. She come over to Perry, and said. “Hi. Umm sorry but I need to untie you.”
Perry was overjoyed at the news. “Thank you God and unicorn.” He said. With only are few pull from the unicorns magic horn the rope came free form Perry’s hand and feet. Perry thanked the little mint green unicorn. But, she had a surprise for him. “Right, now I need your clothes.” “What?” asked Perry in a shocked voice. The unicorn explained. “Look we don’t know a thing about you humans, and we worried that you may have some sort of parasite, you know like bedbugs, we just want to wash your clothes and stuff.”
Perry did not like it, but he understood why the ponies would want to be careful of new animals coming into their lands. So, he strip down to nothing and handed his clothes to the mint green unicorn. He then asked. “Could I have a something to cover up with. I feel - well naked - you understand?”
The unicorn just looked at Perry and said. “That what a human male looks like…. wow…” Before Perry could ask more question an orderly from the hospital shouting. “Damn it Lyra! Come back here with that - humans - stuff.”
The unicorn pick up all the clothes and ran off saying. “I will give them back as soon as I am done studying them.” Perry looked on as the orderly ran passed him. Then it dawn on Perry that he had just been mugged. Just then a water heater landed near Perry, and he ran inside the hospital for cover.

“Megan, darling, could you remove your coat and show the nice ponies the rest of your outfit?” Rarity asked as she had to stop reading from her script. Megan blinked a few time before she regained her wits. “Sorry.” Megan said as she took the long duster coat off and fold it over her arm.
Rarity return to her script. “The corset helps gives shape to the body as well as lifting up the mammary glands ---”
Megan’s eye pop open wide as she looked down and study her breast. Once more forgetting what Rarity was saying. Megan had a pride in her body, but had sort of wished for just a little more size in her chest. Some how Rarity had given Megan the cleavage that she alway had wished for. Dumbstruck, Megan looked out over the audience of mostly ponies. How Megan wished she could show off her new hot look to Molly and the other girls back home. Then Megan’s ears hear Rarity say. “Now the thorn that protects the rose. Mr Perry.”
At once Megan try to cover up her chest with the coat in her hand, but upon seeing her husband, she almost drop the garment on the stage floor. Rarity drowned on with her scrip, but Megan did not her a word of the little pony speech. Megan’s eyes were fix on Perry as he walk in a slow swagger upon to the stage next to her. Megan mouth drop open as she thought to herself, ‘When did I marry Clint Eastwood?’.
Rarity: “Mr. Perry has on full length boots and knee protectors. Well fitted blue jeans, and cotton white shirt with tie up neck. The hat and poncho is inspired by Cheese Sandwich.”

Comment posted by Bryan Luna deleted Oct 16th, 2014

3704068 I am sorry for wasting your time. Forgive me. You will not have to worry about finishing this story ever again. Once more I sorry.

3704755 What you need to do is realign your story with who Megan is Russell. She doesn't have body issues like a lot of girls do and she never would either, she very confident.

I just have to ask you this. Just how much of G1 have seen? Because you seem to be missing a lot of it. I also have to say that what you've got here seems a bit, random. As in you're jumping around a bit.

This can be done you just need to remember who she is and how she handles herself is all. I am not telling you to stop and by no means should that be the take away for you here. You just have work harder is all.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22