Hunters of Equestria 25 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Warren Peace
Group Admin

Big game. Things like deer, bear, elk, all that good stuff?

As for me, I plan on hunting big game old fashioned style...

...with my Mosin-Nagant 91/30. Rat all ya want on the gun, but I love my клык (Pronounced kl-eek and meaning: Fang in Russian (because every tool needs a name)). 7.62x54R is more than capable of putting a deer in its place...my belly.

So how about you guys? Weapon of choice for a big game hunt?

Warren Peace
Group Admin

1988022 Only scope I ever had besides клык's was on a Remington 770 (a massive piece of shit rifle), so I can't say I'm super knowledgeable on scopes. But my dad's got a 700 chambered in .30-06 and it's a great rifle.

Plan to go boar hunting with a Marlin Guide Gun, the ammunition being Garrett 45-70 Hammerhead rounds. (Totally not overkill :pinkiecrazy:)

For now, I like using a Sauer 200 - wooden stock - with a custom Shepherd Scope.

Warren Peace
Group Admin

1988448 Wooden stock is best stock.

1988469 7.62x54R isn't hard to find at all and range ammo is cheap as hell. I got a spam can of four hundred forty rounds for a hundred twenty bucks! That's about twenty five cents a round!

It's not hunting ammo and it's slightly corrosive, but that's what a cleaning kit's for.

Awesome! I used a 91/30, but the scrublands favors a shorter gun so I replaced it with a M44 (sans bayonet). I still use that one for elk.
My current deer/javelina gun is a reproduction Winchester 93 made by Cimmaron, chambered in .357, it is more than enough for most any deer. I have also hunted black powder, but never successfully.

My dream gun is a Savage .270 left handed bolt, I love the flat shooting cartridge and not having to juggle my gun to cycle the bolt would be a dream.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8