Fluffle Puff 444 members · 33 stories
Comments ( 137 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 137
Hexy
Group Admin

The First Official Fluffle Puff Writing Contest

Prompt:
To keep things fresh, this prompt is going to be a bit more serious than what we usually see with Fluffle Puff. Tags can include pretty much anything you prefer. Sad, Dark, or Tragedy? That's okay with us! Comedy, romance, or adventure? Whatever you want, so long as it's heartfelt.

Starting Date:
The contest will start on the fourteenth of this month. Please, to keep things fair, do not submit your stories until after the starting date.

End Date:
The final day for submission of your story will be the first of August, giving you over six weeks to write, edit, and finish your stories. Extensions will be granted for reasons such as hospitalization, legitimate real life issues, or whatever other reason we deem worthy of an extension. Extension grants will be judged on a case by case basis, but don't worry, we're pretty giving with our leeway.

Rules and Regulations:
Word count: 2000 words+

Rating: Everypony and teen ratings. No mature.

Tags: As stated above, there are no tag regulations.

Other: Of course, follow all general site rules regarding your stories. Use no explicit sex or gore.

Judges (subject to change as more are added):
Kyaksa
Bassline and Melody
FamousLastWords
ocalhoun

Prize:
This contest isn't about the prize, and, as of yet, no prize has been decided upon yet. But rest assured, there will be one.

Scoring Guide:
This scoring guide was given to us compliments of LightningBass94.

Grading scale for each category: 1-10

Categories:

1.) Grammar: word choice, punctuation, and spelling
2.) Storyline (Mostly on personal preference of judges...)
3.) Characterization
4.) Story flow
5.) Emotional strength
6.) Originality

Each judge will decide on a score for each category, then add them up for a maximum of 60 points. The judges will then add their scores together. If there is a tie between stories, then the judges will read the tied stories once more and reevaluate their scores. Score for the winning story will be posted. All other scores will be posted if specifically asked by author that we do so.

Final Note:
All aspects of this contest are subject to change. If anything seems off to you, please contact any of the following, explaining your complaint: Kyaksa or Bassline and Melody

If you are interested in participating, please say so by leaving a comment below, stating your interest in bold pink font as shown here.

Yup. Fluffle Puff, Cryssi, Dan, Silverspoon and Mount. Everfreest, I am gonna make a worthy story out of you lot!

Hexy
Group Admin

3334828 3334735 Glad to have you! Feel free to start writing. After the start date, feel free to submit your stories at any time. Once completed, send us a PM with a link to your stories and they will be added to a folder titled "Contest Entries".

3334857 Sure thing, I'm gonna try finishing it since I've already started on it.

I shall attempt this!

GGRRrr
[I am interested.]

I'm in!

Wait, what is the prompt?

Hexy
Group Admin

3335743 The prompt is very open ended. Basically, you know how Fluffle Puff and nonsense usually come hoof in hoof? Well, to keep things fresh, these stories should be more serious and heartfelt. Doesn't have to be too serious, just not nonsense.

Hexy
Group Admin

3335677 We're gonna take that as an entry declaration, despite the lack of pinkness.

As pink as I can get on my phone! Please let this count!!

Is this color good? I hope so. Anyways, I think I'll try, though I can't guarantee that I can do it.

0100001101101111011101010110111001110100001000000110110101100101001000000110100101101110

can't read it?

I'm in! Yaaayyyyy (Pffbbt)!

I am soooo in!!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:
Misty Berry

I'm back, I'm in, and I'm PINK!

Comment posted by Derpamena deleted Jun 5th, 2014

I'm interested

Count Me In!:pinkiehappy:

Why Didn't the color font work?

Hexy
Group Admin

3335695 3335903 3335995 3336169 3336249 3336253 3336777 3336948
Got ya! Looks like this is going to be a big turn out! And don't worry, Fryguy. We've got you too. Gonna need some paper and pencil if we're to keep track of all this...

Thank you!

3334227 A contest?

I F:yay:CKING LOVE CONTESTS!

Hexy
Group Admin

3337591 You obviously enjoy them! Don't loose sight of that.

I will kill evreyone here

Hexy
Group Admin

3339418 I'm sorry? Are you going to participate in the contest, and that's a declaration of "I will win", or are you saying you really want to kill everyone here? We'd appreciate it if you'd clarify.

GGRRrr
[What happens if you cannot get a story made in time? Is it ok just not to post a story if it is incomplete?]
GGRRrr
[I am not sure if I can make a story for this contest because I have a lot of things to do.]

3339454 I don't want to win but I like the tast of blood

Question-Do we just submit our entries here when the time comes, or what....?

Hexy
Group Admin

3341010 Even if you can't finish in time, we encourage you to try. You can always post a story, regardless of whether or not it's for a contest.

3342047 You can submit your story to the site as soon as the clock rolls over into the fourteenth, but to be entered into the contest submission folder, you'll have to PM any of us admins and we'll add it for you.

GGRRrr
[Ok, thanks.]

3334227 I'm sorry to be the one to say this but Jared might not have died. Please don't hate me. There was a blog posted under his name and in the coments people are confirming that fact. Here is a link to the blog.

3334227 em...you might wanna take a look at these....

Hexy
Group Admin

3347420 3347046 3345910 3342047 3341368 3337591 3337454 3336777 3336669 3336253 3336169 3335995 3335899 3335743 3334860 3334735
Yes, we are aware of the situation. The contest, however will still be held at the original scheduled date. The name will need to be changed, but otherwise all proceedings will continued as scheduled. For those of you who came here for "Jared", we are sorry you got fooled. We did too. Also, 3341368, we're still not sure if you want to enter or not.

Hexy
Group Admin

3347440 Not quite sure what you are suggesting. If these are possible contest prompts, the prompt has already been set.

3347442 ok nevermind then
(Darn, i have to rewrite my fic)

Hexy
Group Admin

3347446 Sorry for the inconvenience. Wow that sounds so insincere. We really are sorry. Hope you can still enter.

3347449 no worries. Ill just modify the old one

3347428 3347420
GGGRRRrrr
[What... the... f**k. This is F**king unbelievable. I am extremely mad of those who caused all this drama for so many people just to get noticed.]
GGGRRRrrr
[I am glad they are banned and they (or he) deserved it. I am kind of glad that I am a slow writer, because was going to write something for "Jared" just to figure out he is a troll.]
GGRRrr
[Still in this contest though if I can get a story together.]
GGRRrr
[Also, JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED!!!] :flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:
GGRRrr
[Also what ticks me off is that whoever caused all this bull**** can just make a new email to be a different person.]

Hexy
Group Admin

whoever caused all this bull**** can just make a new email to be a different person

This is problematic for us as well, but for a different reason, surely. We're trying to get a hold of him so we can help him. For someone to go to such lengths just for attention, he must be in a dire state of insecurity. Yes, he did something bad, and we should really just ignore him, but we still want to help him. Behind every bad deed is someone in need of help.

GGGRRRrrr
[Forgot to have your name on my previous comment. Thank you for that info, glad that/those b****rd(s) got banned with swift justice.]

GGRRrr
[This is why I love this fandom.]
GGRRrr
[Even after the bad deeds, it cares for the people who are in need.] Quote: Love and tolerate
GGRRrr
[I am not happy from all the fuss they caused, but if you want to help them, then you have my support.]
GGRRrr
[Glad there are some very good and helpful people on this site.]

3348037 no problemo,

3348034 as for helping him I would but lying about cancer is a serious and horrible thing to do, considering right now my granny is in hospital with it. If he wanted attention or to make people notice him there are many better and easy ways to get noticed.

3347428 I'm not sure what's it about

3348034 You are a saint, my friend.

Also, I never let drama get in the way of potential ego stroking, so I'm still in for the contest.

Hexy
Group Admin

3349065 The contest? All details are stated above. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us. We'd love to see what you could come up with! Either way, we hope you decide to join. We're still not sure if you want to.

3349135 We're not going to argue your claim, as that would make us hypocrites, but thank you. We can't tell you how much this just warms our hearts.

3349958 I'm not a story writer more of a critique

Hexy
Group Admin

3351850 We understand. A friend of ours wrote his first story for a contest. He'd never written anything before then, not even off site. Did pretty good, too! Guess what we're trying to say is you never know how good you are at something until you try it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 137